• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 9 months ago #308080

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.1.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.8
-- PHP version -- : 7.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : all
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No errors on site

I recently switched my site from legacy settings to non-legacy. I still have a lot of URL's reporting errors in Search Console, probably coming from the legacy add-to-cart setting ( www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...ppearing.html#300609 ). Now that I have switched to non-legacy, I want to clean up Search Console, so I plan to create a set of bulk redirects for URLs like this:
webshop/product/cart/module_id-207/module_type-cart/return_url-aHR0cHM6Ly9oaWVsc3Bvb3JpbmZvLm5sL3dlYnNob3AvcHJvZHVjdC9iYXVlcmZlaW5kLWNvbXByZXNzaW9uLXNvY2tzLXJ1bi13YWxrP2xhbmc9bmw=/tmpl-component

Alternatively, I might just create one rule, redirecting anything starting with "webshop/product/cart/module_id-207/module_type-cart/return_url-"
(I don't want to block the URLs using robots.txt, as it might lead to other Search Console issues)
I guess these URLs are pretty unique and there should be no risk in doing the redirects like this I guess.
Can you confirm please, just to be sure? I've had a few issues with other redirect rules that were a bit too generic and caused issues with updating the cart and processing the payment, and I want to be sure I have no more issues like that.....

Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by simonkloostra.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
4 years 9 months ago #308083

Hi,

The URLs for the refresh of the cart module donc have the return_url parameter anymore with the new add to cart system. The return_url parameter is sent in the POST now.
So yes, all these URLs with the return_url parameter are not generated since HikaShop 3.x. And thus, you can redirect them in a htaccess without any issue.

The following user(s) said Thank You: simonkloostra

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds