Font Awesome conflicts

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 1 month ago #316677

Hello,

I have a conflict with Font Awesome on Front End.
If I disable Font Awesome for Hikashop (editing the config table as proposed on Hikashop forums) then it also disables it at the Back End.

How can I disable Font Awesome only on Front End?

Thank you,
Yannis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
4 years 1 month ago #316678

Hi,

You didn't read the correct thread then.
Please add an entry with the namekey font-awesome-type and the value admin and font-awesome will only be added by HiakShop on the backend.
Note that this capability is only available since HikaShop 4.2.3.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 1 month ago #316702

Thank you!

3 years 11 months ago #318655

Nicolas so there is clearly a FA conflict you are aware of despite me notifying of the SAME problem yesterday and you have not told me anything about this, only by searching HIkashop have I come across this. So you can turn off FA in Hikashop Admin?

3 years 11 months ago #318661

Hi,

Your problem ( www.hikashop.com/forum/install-update/89...jor-admin-issue.html ) is about font-awesome not being in the backend of your HikaShop leading to none of the icons of HikaShop in the backend being displayed.
You're asking about turning off font-awesome in your backend, but that's already the case and that's why the icons are not being displayed.
And as I told you already, there are only two ways to turn off font-awesome in the backend:
- modifying the code of HikaShop
- modifying some entries in the hikashop_config table in the database
What you want is actually to turn on font-awesome again on your backend, not turn it off. But I don't know how it was turned off on your backend so I'm not sure how it should be turned back on.

This thread is about a conflict with some templates on the frontend of the website which lead to some icons not displaying properly, on the frontend.
It's not the same problem even though both involve font-awesome.

Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by nicolas.

3 years 11 months ago #318714

Nicolas, the problem is there is a Hikashop conflict, regardles off how, what, when where....
Customers (not just me) are facing this issue and no-one from Hikashop seems to wish to help resolve it at all. I have reported what I have understood the problem is myself but that's not to say I could be totally wrong.

I would export some level of investigation and support of which we are getting none, it seems you just want to split hairs, in the long run this solves nothing for anyone. The point is, I have a problem and asked for help, your response is "yeah you have a problem!".

Thanks I am getting someone else to help and I will do my best to help the Hikashop community to understand and attemt to resolve the problem you clearly feel you don't need to help with!

Thanks for confirming what I already know!

• Thank you received: 10
3 years 11 months ago #318718

ImageVillage wrote: no-one from Hikashop seems to wish to help resolve it at all.

That is just plain wrong. Nicolas has now said a few times that he needs backend AND FTP access in order to diagnose where the problem is coming from. Until you provide that access, he can't determine the cause, let alone advise you of the fix.

I would export some level of investigation and support of which we are getting none, it seems you just want to split hairs, in the long run this solves nothing for anyone. The point is, I have a problem and asked for help, your response is "yeah you have a problem!".

Wrong again, see above. Provide the requested access and you'll get all the support you need.

Thanks I am getting someone else to help and I will do my best to help the Hikashop community to understand and attemt to resolve the problem you clearly feel you don't need to help with!

Wrong again, he's offered a few times to resolve this issue, but can't due to not having the required access.

Thanks for confirming what I already know!

Sorry, but nothing got confirmed

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome, Philip

3 years 11 months ago #318716

Hi,

I did offer to help yesterday on the other thread:
www.hikashop.com/forum/install-update/89...in-issue.html#318665
Maybe you missed my answer or you don't want my help :/

3 years 11 months ago #318742

Seriously? Nicolas I asked for help days and days ago!

3 years 11 months ago #318837

yes you did, and you refuse to give the access needed to do the actual helping.

3 years 11 months ago #318840

I beg your bloody pardon!!!!!

When the hell did I refuse to give you access?

Post right here where I refused you access????

You lot are a disgrace, so now you throw accusations at customers to try and make yourself look good?

You are shocking, show anyone who reads this where I REFUSED you access????

3 years 11 months ago #318842

Hi,

Please note that Ch3vr0n is a user of HikaShop and is not from our team.

You indeed provided a backend access to your website, allowing us to confirm the situation. I later requested a FTP access to look further into the issue. However, you did not provide yet that access. I think that Ch3vr0n was pointing to that.

3 years 11 months ago #318854

Well how about this user keeps his/her nose out of other people's business especially as he/she doesn't know what the hell he/she is talking about?!

I have not seen or been notified of any ftp access request?

What email would you like this sending to?

• Thank you received: 4004
3 years 11 months ago #318867

Hello,

Nicolas requested a FTP access in this message : www.hikashop.com/forum/install-update/89...in-issue.html#318665
And you can provide it via our contact form, like you did for the backend access : www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Make sure you include a link to the thread of the forum so that the person handling the contact request knows what it is about.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Jerome.

3 years 11 months ago #318874

nicolas wrote: Hi,

Please note that Ch3vr0n is a user of HikaShop and is not from our team.

You indeed provided a backend access to your website, allowing us to confirm the situation. I later requested a FTP access to look further into the issue. However, you did not provide yet that access. I think that Ch3vr0n was pointing to that.

I was indeed pointing to that. Me liking to be direct and not beating around the bush, can sometimes be perceived as rude. It certainly wasn't meant that way. I just couldn't find the specific post requesting that FTP access.

Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Ch3vr0n.

3 years 11 months ago #318921

And clearly I have not seen it so claiming I had in fact I quote "refused ftp access" was 1:Our of line and 2:Totally wrong!

I will send ftp access and thanks for finally offering to do this, either way and for whatever reason it would be nice to know what has caused this so that it can be resolved and people made aware of what causes it and more to the point, how to fix it!

3 years 11 months ago #318922

Jerome wrote: Hello,

Nicolas requested a FTP access in this message : www.hikashop.com/forum/install-update/89...in-issue.html#318665
And you can provide it via our contact form, like you did for the backend access : www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Make sure you include a link to the thread of the forum so that the person handling the contact request knows what it is about.

Regards,

I have sent ftp access!

Thank you

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds