Add to Cart goes to 404 after update

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 3 months ago #338678

-- url of the page with the problem -- : secure.seleatherfest.com/shop-here/weekend
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.4
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : safari 15.2
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : 404 when clicking add to cart from the page

I updated to the latest version of HikaShop 4.4.5. When I click add to cart, I receive a 404 page error. All products are experiencing these errors. Thank you in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
2 years 3 months ago #338692

Hi,

I don't see the problem on your website:
i.imgur.com/Qp1tezx.png
I'm able to successfully use the add to cart buttons on that page.

However, I do get a 404 error when I click on the "choose options" buttons on that page.
It seems that you've entered a URL in the "canonical URL" setting of your products, and that you have activated the "force canonical URLs on listings" setting. But then you modified the aliases of the menu items / change your menu items structure as the menu items with the aliases admin-stuff and sponsorship-products are not available anymore.
If you check the URLs of these buttons where you get the 404 error, they uses these aliases.
So you need to edit your products and remove the "canonical URL" entered there and it will then work again.
I don't think it has anything to do with the update. It either comes from you changing the menu items or activating the "force canonical URLs on listings" setting while not updating the canonical URL of the products according to the current situation of your menu items.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 3 months ago #338728

I checked with the other person who works with Hika. We added one product. No other changes were made to our set up. The Configuration was set to: "use canonical url if specified" -- no changes were made in that from how our system has been for years. I tried switching it to "No, generate the URLs" and the result was the same 404 on "Choose Options" clicking. Is one setting better than another? That product has also been functioning for years until it suddenly wasn't.

It's so odd. I checked multiple products and not a single one of them as anything listed under "Canonical URL" - above that the alias is listed, but nothing else.

We really did not make any of these changes so we're puzzled.

Attachments:

2 years 3 months ago #338740

Hi,

If it doesn't come from the canonical URLs, then I can only think that you have some caching on your website and you're looking at a page generated before you changed the menu items structure and thus the links generated when the page in the cache was generated are not working anymore.
Can you please clear the cache of your pages if you have any ?
Also, if you use SH404SEF (or a similar SEF extension), the SEF URLs are cached by that extension and thus the SEF URLs cache in that extension needs to be cleared if you change your menu items structure.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 3 months ago #338766

Thank you for trying. It wasn't anything like this. We did not make changes to the site other than to add ordinary items (a product, a few articles). I think we're just going to need to do a restore.

2 years 3 months ago #338767

Hi,

I had another look and I found out that the products on the left side of your page are actually added with content tags ( www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...-product-insert.html ) that you've added to a Joomla article.
The problem is with these tags. You apparently specified a menu item id in them which doesn't exist anymore or isn't accessible.
You should change it to the id of a menu item of the type "products listing" and it would then work fine.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 3 months ago #338835

Thank you! You're a genius and I'm so grateful to you. It was a large hunt and what was discovered was a menu item for a category listing of products no longer had products in that category that were active any longer. The way we discovered which one was to follow the mistaken path. It impacted other categories and our donations. Everything is 100% right as rain.

Thank you, Nicolas for taking the extra look and making the time to do it. You saved us so many hours of work of what we have accomplished in the last few weeks. I really hope someone does something as equally meaningful for you today as you did for us. Much gratitude.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds