looking for instruction to update to joomla 5 and latest version of hikashop

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
3 months 1 day ago #358824

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.12
-- PHP version -- : 7.4
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : no error

Im looking for the instruction on updateing to lattest joomla and hikashop versions.

Believe i read something a while back but not able to locate the forum post

Want a to make a new installation of the shop.

HikaShop Business 2.6.0

PHP Version 5.6.16
Web Server Apache

Joomla! 3.4.8 Stable [ Ember ] 24-December-2015 19:30 GMT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Hikashop Business
3 months 1 day ago #358827

Ok, kinda found some information, I copied the existing hikashop database to the new server database.
Copied the media and images portion of hikashop to the new site.

Site is kinda working, when in the adminstrator section and click on product, it giving error messaage.

An error has occurred.
0 Call to a member function loadArray() on null

There maybe some bits of the old site www.ifixmachines.com in it somewhere. Not sure where to start looking?

Joomla 5 and Hikashop 5

HikaShop Business 2.6.0

PHP Version 5.6.16
Web Server Apache

Last edit: 3 months 1 day ago by cctaco. Reason: just update on status

• Hikashop Business
3 months 1 day ago #358829

here is max debug report, this is a new domain name a2zsewing.com moved the data and image files from ifixmachines.com

I read that it could help if I turned on max error reporting this is the result.

An error has occurred.
0 Call to a member function loadArray() on null
Call Stack
# Function Location
1 () JROOT/libraries/src/Editor/Editor.php:343
2 Joomla\CMS\Editor\Editor->_loadEditor() JROOT/libraries/src/Editor/Editor.php:222
3 Joomla\CMS\Editor\Editor->display() JROOT/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/editor.php:71
4 hikashopEditorHelper->display() JROOT/administrator/components/com_hikashop/views/product/tmpl/form.php:236
5 include() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/View/HtmlView.php:416
6 Joomla\CMS\MVC\View\HtmlView->loadTemplate() JROOT/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/helper.php:2916
7 hikashopView->loadTemplate() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/View/HtmlView.php:204
8 Joomla\CMS\MVC\View\HtmlView->display() JROOT/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/helper.php:2870
9 hikashopView->display() JROOT/administrator/components/com_hikashop/views/product/view.html.php:31
10 ProductViewProduct->display() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:697
11 Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->display() JROOT/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/helper.php:2577
12 hikashopController->display() JROOT/administrator/components/com_hikashop/controllers/product.php:56
13 ProductController->edit() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:730
14 Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute() JROOT/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/helper.php:2555
15 hikashopController->execute() JROOT/administrator/components/com_hikashop/hikashop.php:73
16 require_once() JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/LegacyComponentDispatcher.php:71
17 Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\LegacyComponentDispatcher::Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\{closure}() JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/LegacyComponentDispatcher.php:73
18 Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\LegacyComponentDispatcher->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:361
19 Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:150
20 Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:195
21 Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->doExecute() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:306
22 Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute() JROOT/administrator/includes/app.php:58
23 require_once() JROOT/administrator/index.php:32

HikaShop Business 2.6.0

PHP Version 5.6.16
Web Server Apache

• Hikashop Business
3 months 16 hours ago #358834

Got it working, found a post about same error i was getting on clicking product to edit it. I used to have a JCE editor on the old site and didn't install on the new site. So, it was looking for JCE editor which wasn't there and created the error message.

My question is I don't see how to select the editor when I click components - hikashop - configuration: I;m not seeing how to select the editor.

The post I found just stated to save the configuration which I did and it started working properly after that.

Believe I got it transferred to the new domain, and it's up and working. Will continue to test and make sure it's working well.

Here is the previous forum post for reference www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...-error-0.html#353760

HikaShop Business 2.6.0

PHP Version 5.6.16
Web Server Apache

Last edit: 3 months 16 hours ago by cctaco.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

• Thank you received: 13082
3 months 6 minutes ago #358843

Hi,

Once you're on the HikaShop configuration page, go under the Advanced tab and there you have the "Editor" setting.
I suppose you had JCE selected in there on the old website. And thus, in the database, JCE was still there.
Since JCE is not available on the new website, the "Editor" setting of the HikaShop configuration doesn't have that option. And thus, once you save the HikaShop configuration once, it will use the new default value of that setting and it will automatically fix the problem since it then won't look for JCE anymore.

• Hikashop Business
2 months 4 weeks ago #358863

Didn't see the advanced tab, I'm getting a big read error message about paypal being or about to be outdated. that distracted me.

Anyway went to the old website and clicked advanced and there is was plg_editors_jce

Thank you for replying and I'm happy its working again on new server.

HikaShop Business 2.6.0

PHP Version 5.6.16
Web Server Apache

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds