Dropship - Dropshipping - Shopify, Ordelo, Ebay, Aliexpress

• Thank you received: 1
5 years 1 week ago #305780

-- url of the page with the problem -- : citybuzzradio.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.3

I am requesting a Hikashop integration with Ordelo or Shopify or any Dropshipping option, Ebay, Aliexpres.

Here's why this is so needed:

Hikashop is a great solution for me to create and upload merch to sell. As I am a small business, I don't have an inventory or a warehouse. Shopify and Ordelo provide a great solution. Similar to HikaMarket, these sites offer Fulfillment options. Hikashop sorta does but it doesn't easily do this like Shopify or Ordelo.

Hikashop is more manual in this process, whereas Shopify allows me to easily search products from other vendors, it then allows me to add those products to my site to resale. All of the processing is in the backend but the product shows in my store instantly in most cases.

Ecwid offers its own solution that adds dropshipping to their system, but I paid for Hikashop and do not want to us an alternative as I'm familiar with Hikashop. There are also plugins similar for Virtuemart, again I'd rather stay with Hikashop.

Please help us with this.

SEE PICS

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 1 week ago by citybuzzdigital. Reason: Typo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13065
5 years 1 week ago #305804

Hi,

I don't think that it's possible for Ordelo or Shopify

Regarding the dropshipping extension for VirtueMart, you can actually do the same thing with HikaMarket multivendor:
www.hikashop.com/hikamarket-multi-vendor.html
What this extension calls "warehouses" are actually "vendors" in HikaMarket. And you can assign products to vendors and have the vendors emailed when a product of theirs is purchased.

Now regarding an integration with AliExpress, it could make sense so that you would import the products on your website to sell them and then notify back of the orders so that they could be shipped and your AliExpress account charged for it.
It's possible, but that would require an extensive development to be able to do that.

The following user(s) said Thank You: citybuzzdigital

• Thank you received: 0
1 year 6 months ago #345609

Old thread - is there a best practices way of doing this? I have HikaBusiness and Multi Vendor. Love it so far, best component I've ever used. Most of the vendors carry their own inventory, but some vendors want to dropship using a service. Best way to accomplish this in your opinion?

1 year 6 months ago #345677

Hi,

I think the best is to use RO CSVI and configure automated import jobs yourself for each vendor's feed with it:
rolandd.com/products/ro-csvi/features/cron-jobs
RO CSVI is compatible with HikaShop and has a nice interface to configure that.
Now, there is no frontend interface which would allow the vendors to setup the import of their products themselves, as far as I know. That could be something to check with the developer. Maybe it would be possible to setup import templates in the backend, and allow users to select among them and provide the URL of the feed to import with the template so that they could add their feed without being allowed to do all the setup from the frontend.

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Multisite
3 months 3 weeks ago #357901

I also would like integration with Shopify, Amazon Marketplace, Instgram Shop and Google Merchant services. I would keep hikashop if we can just use it to manage all products across all platforms.

• Hikashop Multisite
3 months 3 weeks ago #357902

Ebay would be top keq, especially since we are an IT shop with a bunch of computer parts.

3 months 3 weeks ago #357913

Hi,

While it's already possible to integrate with Google Merchant services and Instagram Shop with the Google Products plugin ( www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/8...google-products.html ), we don't have plans to integrate with the other services you mention in the short term.
These integrations would require a lot of work and not enough people using HikaShop are interested to make it worthwhile for us to work on these for now.

• Hikashop Multisite
3 months 3 weeks ago #357919

Then lets us help and beta test, you have clients asking for ebay, amazon and other integrations. We can help, I'm literally a one man team and I've been working with hikashop forever. AT one point i collaborated with Freestyle Joomla before they disappeared to have hikashop invoice when we closed support tickets.

Its all possible its just if everyone wants to work together toward a common goal or etc.

I've been trying to integrate google merchant services for almost 2 years, but i have issues such as fields missing and then get told we didn't fill in this info but we did.

3 months 3 weeks ago #357939

Hi,

Then lets us help and beta test, you have clients asking for ebay, amazon and other integrations

While having someone beta test what we develop is nice, this doesn't help developing the integration itself.
I've looked at the amazon API and it's a total mess just to find what API to use, and then what SDK to use.
An integration like this requires many days of full time work. That might not sounds like a look to you, but that means weeks of development. And then we would only get a handful of sales. Nothing close to what would be needed to justify the time spent on it.
And I'm not even talking about the time it will take in the future, in order to maintain the integration for new versions of PHP, Joomla, HikaShop, or changes in the API of Amazon.
That's why Amamplace, which actually supported HikaShop, and could do what you want for Amazon, isn't maintained anymore:
www.faboba.com/composants/amamplace/changelog.html

Regarding Google Products, we're already talking about it here www.hikashop.com/forum/import-export-csv...erchant-account.html so let's not spread to different topics please.

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds