Shipstation integration

• Thank you received: 1
3 years 9 months ago #322192

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.8
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.32
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

Hi,

I have three questions related to Shipstation.
I am currently using the latest Shipstation plugin and the orders seem to sync up.
Q1- I noticed that the order# used in Shipstation is actually the order id and not the order # in Hikashop.
If the customer tries to lookup their order in Shipstation returns page using the order # they see in the Hikashop orders page, it doesn't match.
How can I fix this?
Either send Hikashop order # and not order id to shipstation or replace order # in the customer Hikashop orders page and the emails sent with order id instead of order #?

Q2- I see the tracking number at the bottom of the order details page.
If I want to add the complete url for tracking, which view do I need to modify?

Q3- The product name sent to Shipstation contains html tags. Ex.: Product123<span class="hikashop_product_variant_subname">: Black</span>
How can I fix this?

Best,
Saad

Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by soule.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 611
3 years 9 months ago #322208

Hello,

In order to answer you, I will process step bu step :
"Q1- I noticed that the order# used in Shipstation is actually the order id and not the order # in Hikashop.
If the customer tries to lookup their order in Shipstation returns page using the order # they see in the Hikashop orders page, it doesn't match.
How can I fix this?
Either send Hikashop order # and not order id to shipstation or replace order # in the customer Hikashop orders page and the emails sent with order id instead of order #?
"
Unfortunately we have to do this, because to work HikaShop needs the order ID, now maybe you have understand it, when Shipstation notify HikaShop, there sent Order Number but not the Order Id, that why we switch them.
We can of course offer solution to work with this limit, but for this can you precise what is in our mind the "Shipstation returns page" because we don't understand it, sorry for this.

"Q2- I see the tracking number at the bottom of the order details page.
If I want to add the complete url for tracking, which view do I need to modify?
"
A little like previous subject can you specific in which context you want to add the Url link, and also, so far the Shipstation plugin didn't get from Shipstation servers the Tracking Url, and check it on their documentation and wasn't able to find data about this, have you ?
Maybe the tracking number can be build from the tracking number and specific Url format, but this will depends from which carrier and service I guess.

"Q3- The product name sent to Shipstation contains html tags. Ex.: Product123<span class="hikashop_product_variant_subname">: Black</span>
How can I fix this?
"
Yeah, you re right about this point, and to fix this you have to follow me step by step :
1. Open your plugin folder : YourWebsite/\plugins\system\shipstation
2. Edit the shipstation.php file
3. Around line 350, look for "$product->order_product_name"
4. And then convert it to string, you will have to "test" it through a regex and remove if there are here unwanted html tag with the "strip_tags"

Hope this will help you to figure out, and progress on your subject.
Regards

Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Philip.

• Thank you received: 1
3 years 9 months ago #322215

Thank you, Philip.

I took your advise and changed the order_number to order_id in a few places to resolve this.

Can you please advise where to change the order confirmation email subject?
I am trying to modify the order_number to order_id

Ex. The customer is receiving the following email after putting an order that hasn't been paid yet:
Subject Your order No. B3S9 is now created at www.xxxxx.com

Also, when the admin receives notification that an order was created on the website, there is a fields "Order number :" in the order summary.
Where can I modify this field and what should be the value?

I modified this in a few places but to no vain.

Best,
Saad

• Thank you received: 611
3 years 9 months ago #322222

Hello,

No, take care you can't modify the order number with order id or your Shipstation plugin won't work anymore, we haven't the choice to keep it like this.
It's link to the way Shipstation AND HikaShop are built, there is no choice.
Plus, I have maybe several solution in mind to better fit your needs, but you have before to detail it, and so I can be more specific in my tips.

For the email point, it's not directly linked to our discussion around Shipstation, right ? Because I have some difficulties to follow your idea.
unless you want to agree on the information returned by Shipstation and present in your emails, but if you want some help you have to be more specific please.
Explain, what you want achieved through concrete example and aim description.
More you will precise, more our help will be consistent.

Other thing about, email custom, you have this documentation and you have here some tags system listing to add elements in your email :

Hope this will help to progress on your subject.

Regards

Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Philip.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds