Why NO Square API?

• Thank you received: 9
6 years 3 months ago #285133

Hi Mohamed,

My Squareup Plugin just failed. Keeps saying invalid card data now. I think a Joomla update has caused this. Just thought I'd let you know. Will get my developer to fix it unless you are nearly done?

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 33
6 years 2 months ago #285161

Hello,

We're still working on it so you should probably get your developer to get it fixed; Also as we talked through our last emails :

Your freelancer probably modified some other files on your website, but I hope he did it via "Hikashop->Display->Views" so that you'll be able to properly update your Hikashop version. Else, you should be careful before updating your Hikashop version and correctly save your files which were modified before updating and re-applying these modifications after the update.

So based on which files he customized on your website, and what you updated, you should check it with him so that he can fix it.

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.
Tsuki Dev

Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Tsuki Dev
tsukidev.contact[at]gmail[dot]com

6 years 2 months ago #285169

No worries Mohamed,
Yes correct there are I think 3 view files which I only just found out with my current developer who is fixing this for me now. Unfortunately my original developer who made the plugin for me was very secretive so wasn't aware of what changes were done. Glad I did a backup of the website before I updated Hikashop and Joomla. Happy to share these files for you once my developer is finished which should be some time today. I assume these display/view files will maybe be something Hikashop will need to implement in their core files for updates or plugin updates will be required every time there is a Hikashop update?

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 2 months ago #285171

Hello,

If your previous developer modified some HikaShop core files, you will got some issues each time that you will update your HikaShop store.
But if your previous developer modified HikaShop view file directly ; best would be to use view override instead so you will be sure that the modification would be kept with updates.
Since every HikaShop payment (and shipping) plugins do not need to modify core file to work ; I think that your current developer would fine a way to implement the payment plugin with just triggers.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 3
6 years 1 month ago #286961

Hi guys,

Are we any closer with the Square payment plugin for Hikashop?

Regards,

Swapnil

The following user(s) said Thank You: Tsuki Dev

6 years 1 month ago #286978

Hello Swapnil,

We're still working on it, but the development will be faster as we just released another project.

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.
Tsuki Dev

Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Tsuki Dev
The following user(s) said Thank You: snevgi

• Thank you received: 3
6 years 1 month ago #287495

Hi Mohamed,

Glad to hear that. Hopefully we will see something within next couple of weeks!!

Cheers,

Swapnil

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
6 years 1 month ago #288333

Add us to the list looking for the Square plugin for HikaShop too!

Any update?

6 years 1 month ago #288359

Hello Stogilon,

Sure, we're still working on it so we'll notify you through that thread when the development will be completed !

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.
Tsuki Dev

Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Tsuki Dev
The following user(s) said Thank You: jazzmang

• Thank you received: 18
  • Hikashop Business
6 years 3 weeks ago #289160

Great that it's in progress. With PayPal changing their volume fee structure next month there are plenty of people currently using PayPal who are looking to find a different gateway. Hopefully the Hika Square plugin happens soon! :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji

• Hikashop Business
6 years 1 week ago #290087

Any update on this? I don't like looking at alternatives but there is a Square payment plugin already for Virtuemart, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, Magento etc etc - I don't understand why it's so difficult for Joomla/Hikashop. Not wanting to put pressure on anyone but this thread has been going on for over a year now! I'm in Australia and here the Square system is booming due to its ability to cross all platforms, online and offline.

If the issue is development cost, I for one would be happy to pay for a plugin (but not the full development) even in the J! extensions directory or from Hikashop - and it seems there maybe a few people here who would probably do the same.

So some sort of ETA would be nice, or if it's not going to be developed at all as a native Hikashop plugin then please tell us so that we can at least look at alternatives.

Thanks.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jazzmang, Tsuki Dev

6 years 1 week ago #290099

Hello,

So some sort of ETA would be nice, or if it's not going to be developed at all as a native Hikashop plugin then please tell us so that we can at least look at alternatives.

We are sorry for the inconvenience, as we said, the development is actually in progress but it's true that we should have kept you updated about its advancement.

Just to let you know that we now have a first version which only support the "Pay with card" for the moment.

What's left to do is :
- Support digital wallets like "Apple Pay" and "Master Pass" (in progress)
- Have an internal language system which will enable you to properly translate and customize the Square payment form texts.
- Correctly redirect the customer to the thank you / error page
- Optimize some part of the plugin code.

Again, we'll keep on improving the Square payment plugin so that we can complete it as soon as possible !
And if it's taking too long we'll at least release a first version which will support the "Pay with card" payment option.

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.
Tsuki Dev

Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Tsuki Dev

• Hikashop Business
5 years 11 months ago #291393

Any update? Just wondering when the "Pay with card" option will be released... it would be better than nothing.

5 years 11 months ago #291402

Hello,

Yes you're right, we planned to directly release a first version which will support "Pay with card" for the moment as we can't properly test digital wallets, we'll then develop the support of digital wallet when we'll have customers feedback.

So we'll create the Square product page through Hikashop's website as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.
Tsuki Dev

Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Tsuki Dev
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Tsuki Dev.

5 years 11 months ago #291753

Hello,

The Square payment plugin is now officially available through Hikashop's website.

For the moment, This plugin only support direct credit card payments as we couldn't properly test digital wallets. However, feel free to enable digital wallets options to test it and send us your feedback so that we can improve it.
Note that for the moment, you should disable digital wallets when your website is in production mode.

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.
Tsuki Dev

Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Tsuki Dev
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Tsuki Dev.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 10 months ago #292735

Hi Tsuki Dev, it's a great start but a bit light on the documentation.

I read this page: Square plugin

It seems straight forward enough but where do I get the following plugin settings?

• Application ID
  • Access Token
  • Location ID

I went ahead a purchased/installed the plugin to see if installing it gave more info but it does not. I can't see anything in my Square account that would give these settings.

Can you enlighten me please?

5 years 10 months ago #292736

Hi JIK,

1. Click on Apps down the left hand side
2. at the top under the Apps heading you will find 2 sub headings (App Marketplace | My Apps), Click on My Apps
3. Click on (Go to Developer Portal)
4. Then Click (+ New Application)

Now follow the steps and you will get all the information you require once you have set your App up. You can set up multiple stores if need be. For example if you have 2 websites and/or 2 different business names then you would set up 2 applications and each webstore will have it's ow application link/information inserted into the plugin.

Hope that helps

5 years 10 months ago #292748

Hello,

1. Click on Apps down the left hand side
2. at the top under the Apps heading you will find 2 sub headings (App Marketplace | My Apps), Click on My Apps
3. Click on (Go to Developer Portal)
4. Then Click (+ New Application)

Now follow the steps and you will get all the information you require once you have set your App up. You can set up multiple stores if need be. For example if you have 2 websites and/or 2 different business names then you would set up 2 applications and each webstore will have it's ow application link/information inserted into the plugin.

Hope that helps

Thank you for your help !

I went ahead a purchased/installed the plugin to see if installing it gave more info but it does not. I can't see anything in my Square account that would give these settings.

Can you enlighten me please?

Feel free to ask if you have any other question.

For the moment, This plugin only support direct credit card payments as we couldn't properly test digital wallets with our credentials. However, feel free to enable digital wallets options to test it and send us your feedback so that we can improve it.
Note that for the moment, you should disable digital wallets when your website is in production mode.

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.
Tsuki Dev

Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Tsuki Dev

• Hikashop Business
5 years 10 months ago #292761

Thanks Mohamed,

I followed those great instructions and got the details needed from my Square account. I then input them into the Hikashop Square plugin and published it.

In the checkout the Square payment option comes up and is selectable.

However, when the square payment is selected it does not follow through properly. It records a transaction in Hikashop as "created" and the user is taken to a page that appears like this:

The "pay with card" button is not operable.

I have this setup on a site I use for testing. I can give you access if needed.

Thanks
Julie

Attachments:

5 years 10 months ago #292774

Hello Julie,

Your issue is probably coming from a JavaScript error.

I have this setup on a site I use for testing. I can give you access if needed.

Of course, you can send us a temporary access to your back-end via contact[AT]tsukidev[DOT]com, so that we can directly test it on your end.

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.
Tsuki Dev

Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Tsuki Dev
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Tsuki Dev.

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds