3DS / ePDQ gateway

• Thank you received: 3
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 9 months ago #309131

Hi,

I was wondering if you could advise me on the issue of 3DS and with the ePDQ payment type used on my client's site.

My client has had a letter from Barclaycard and American Express regarding 3DS and eDPQ. My main concern is I don't know how this affects Hikashop? - is this all handled outside of Hikashop through the Gateway? - is there anything I need to do / worry about?

The letter from Barclaycard said the following:

"What do you need to do next?
The good news is that most of the heavy lifting is done by your gateway provider.
If you use one of our Smartpay gateway products, such as ePDQ, our team will be supporting you with this. Depending on your integration type, you may need to take some actions. (If you use ePDQ/Smartpay for phone or mail orders only, this will not be applicable to you.)
Over the coming weeks, please check your customer portal or back office messages for details of integration changes you may need to make as well as guidance for testing. Updates would have also been emailed to users of the platform. "

Any advice greatly received.

Regards

Duncan

DunxMax

The more we learn the less we know.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
4 years 9 months ago #309132

Hi,

We don't have any payment plugin for ePDQ anymore:
www.hikashop.com/forum/payment-methods/8...payment-gateway.html
We did list some before but they were discontinued by their developers.
So I don't know what API of ePDQ your payment plugin is using nor if changes would be necessary.
We would first need to look at the code of the payment plugin to be able to say anything.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 9 months ago #309155

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for getting back to me - I didn't set this site up in the first place and so am still learning and please forgive me, I'm not really a coder so am a bit like a fish out of water with this.

Anyway, I took another look at the payment plugin, the plugin is called eDPQ for Hikashop and the author was James L Lendrum. I didn't realise it was created by a third party developer. It has 2014 on the date - do you know if this is one of the expired developers?

Basically, I don't really understand what Barclays are asking for, and I don't know if this plugin is going to need adapting, but obviously my main concern is that the shop still keeps working after the deadline of September 14th and is as secure as it needs to be.

This feels like it's an urgent matter an I'm not really sure how to take this forwards can you help me in any way?

Regards

Duncan

DunxMax

4 years 9 months ago #309157

Hi,

Yes, it's one of the plugin that got discontinued.
The message from Barclays is vague. So for now, I think you should do two things:
- go in the plugins/hikashoppayment folder of your website (via FTP for example) and search for the folder for your plugin. I don't know what the name is but it should contain barclays or epdq or smartpay or something linked to your payment gateway.
Then, donwload the files of that folder, make it a zip and attach it to your next message here. That way, we can have a look at what you have.
- contact ePDQ support so that they can tell you what modifications need to be taken on at least get more information on what is being changed. Giving them a copy of that zip could be a good idea so that they can check the code to see what integration you're using.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 8 months ago #309192

Hi Nicolas,

The plugin is called "Barclays" I have attached the zip file.

I shall contact Barclays as you suggest.

Thanks again for your continued support.

Duncan

File Attachment:

File Name: barclays.zip
File Size:19 KB

DunxMax

Attachments:

4 years 8 months ago #309196

Hi,

Great. So this plugin integrates with this API from Barclays:
support.epdq.co.uk/en/guides/integration%20guides/e-commerce
Looking at the integration and the documentation, you're not using the smartpay API they are talking about in the message you copy/pasted in your first post of this thread. The smartpay API is there:
developer.smartpayi.com/
And it's something different from what you have.
So I'd wager you're not concerned. But it will be best to confirm with Barclays' support.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 8 months ago #309208

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for looking at the plugin. Sounds like good news.

I have sent the plugin to Barclays, but haven't heard back from them yet. I will keep an eye out for a reply next week, if I haven't heard back from them in a few days I will try again.

If/when I do hear back from them, I will report back with what they say.

Thanks once again.

Duncan

DunxMax

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds