Export Customer Orders for Single Product

• Thank you received: 1
4 years 4 months ago #314087

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.14
-- PHP version -- : 7.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox Developer
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : None

Hi looking for some guidance as some of the threads I have read regarding Mass exporter, etc are a little confusing as is using Export function of all data, takes some messing with Unicode, etc to format data in Excel correctly and far too much data.

All I would like to do is export all orders (single rows for multiple customer order) for a single product in a specific date range or entirely if easier as I can just sort by date using Excel.

Is this possible, and if so please could you tell me how?

Kindest regards,
Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
4 years 4 months ago #314105

Hello Mark,

There's actually no option to do it, so the solution will either be to :
- directly do it using code customization to properly filter the data returned by the export
or
- using mass actions via "Hikashop->System->Mass actions"
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/167-massaction-form.html

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

4 years 4 months ago #314123

Thanks for your response but it leaves me completely confused.

1: You can't see data for a single product? Seriously, why on earth would an eCommerce component not be able to see data for sales based on a specific item????? That's just basic functionality!

2: You need to write custom code? So you mean a plugin needs developing because you don't currently have or know of anything?

3: You can't do it but you can do it? Which is it? As per my original question, is there away to export a single product and it's customer sales into an excel spreadsheet or not???? I need to do it and asking if someone could please just tell me how? I have no idea how your mass exporter works and tbh it doesn't really follow any logic I understand, which is WHY I asked, is it possible and if so how?You say no it's not but you can with mass exporter???? Or you can't do it?

Appreciate your reponse but it soves nothing and leaves more questions than answers!

• Thank you received: 1778
4 years 3 months ago #314125

Hello,

I'm sorry if my answer wasn't clear enough and confused you, it wasn't the goal.

is there away to export a single product and it's customer sales into an excel spreadsheet

Yes, you'll find attached a screenshots of how you can configured your mass action via "Hikashop->System->Mass actions->New".

Finally, you'll just have to save it and click on process to download the exported CSV file.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

4 years 3 months ago #314147

It's ok i have done it myself exporting the data and converting to correct format and sorting by product SKU and then removing the unwanted data.

Thanks

The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

4 years 1 week ago #317375

Hi I cannot for the life of me get this to work, can someone help me I am desperate to do this for my client, why on earth a shop system would not have this as a simple export option begs belief!

Last edit: 4 years 1 week ago by ImageVillage.

• Thank you received: 13064
4 years 1 week ago #317380

Hi,

From what I understand reading this thread, it's not difficult to do what you want.
You can:
- go in the menu System>Mass actions
- click on the "new" button
- select data "order" (so that you'll have one row for one order
- select a filter "order product column" and in that filter, select the column "order_product_code" and in the input field, enter the code of the product for which you want all the orders
- select an action "export a csv file" and check the checkbox of the columns you want
- finally, press on the "process" button and it will send you the CSV file with the data.
Here is a screenshot:
monosnap.com/file/P9vUMRP6sWZWcwjEmMXPQj50xtcdXT
And if you want to have date filters you can do it like that:
monosnap.com/file/O898u3fowgpvp92Sy2BYMj8njVaX1Z
This will only export the orders of a specific product made in the year 2019

4 years 1 week ago #317393

I have successfully exported data and not a noob to all this stuff either, but you cannot just export a specific product using the mass export facility.

When you select a product ID it exports all products ordered by the customer not just the product you select so you get additional columns of unwanted data and whats even more frustrating is that it often exports the data and shows the customers products in order of selection so you can't just select unwanted columns and delete them.

I appreciate your pointing out how to do it, i know how to do it and understand the instructions which is why further up in my thread you will see I did it without any assistance, the issue is I cannot get just ONE PRODUCT to export in a list of customer orders without anything ordered being in the file exported.

Honestly I have used a few eCommerce components over the past 15 years using Joomla CMS, In comparison to something like Virtuemart the product and sales management and sales analysis functions of Hikashop are appalling. In the sales search you can't even filter a product from the dropdown to even export the sales which would be so logical.

Thanks for your input but I remain in exactly the same point I was in before you replied!

4 years 1 week ago #317398

Hi,

I didn't understand that you wanted to export the product data of the orders and not the order data itself.
Indeed, since the data source is the "order" table, you get one row per order. What you want is one row per product in the orders and there is no option for that in the export.
What I can recommend is to check if you can do that with RO CSVi ( rolandd.com/documentation/ro-csvi/hikashop#export-6 ) since it integrates with HikaShop.

Actually, I didn't know that VirtueMart had such export capability. As far as I remember, export and import of data with VirtueMart was only possible with a third party extension while you can do a lot of export/import directly in HikaShop.

And regarding the filtering by product on the orders listing in the backend, we didn't get much users asking for that (I remember only one so far in 10 years). I would have to disagree that this is logical to have. The order listing's main use is to search for an order (because a customer is asking about something about his order, or because you want to change its status). So normally you want to search with the customer's name, or his email address or the order number or the invoice number. Another interesting use is to get the data of the orders for a period (to export it to an accounting system for example). In either cases, have a filter on the products of the order wouldn't help. So I don't see why it would be logical. But I'd be happy if you could tell us why you think it makes sense ? Maybe it could be an improvement to add, and I'm not necessarily against it, I just don't see why we would.
And that actually wouldn't help you with exporting the order product data since the export button would still produce a CSV with one row per order.

3 years 11 months ago #317764

I absolutely cannot believe you have never been asked for single product sale export capability and that you think it is not required.

When making sales you need to see the amount of sales you have made per product and to see the proft margns. In Virtuemart I can export product sales based on a product ID and see all the profit I have made.

The issue with Hikashop is that you can't export data based on a specific product ID, so when you export sales it's EVERYTHING or nothing. If a customer has ordered multiple products the database export function only allows you to export all data and so you have to go through and remove all other product ID's and the table rows do not match, so you will have product_1 product_2 product_3 etc, and the products are in order customer adds to cart, not in product ID order. This causes endless issues.

You need to be able to simply select a product ID and export all sales for that product with the price paid, fact is my client and many other clients require this function, without being rude I honestly wish my client had not picked Hikashop as the solution because the export and sale data analysis side of the store has caused very time consuming administration issues, although you can see how many products sold, you cannot add together all the sales with cost=profit based on sale price. Same product can be sold at various prics depending on discounts, vouchers, etc. So the variables all have an impact and this helps clients to understand what products are better to offer than others and to see the margins being made.

You migt not think this is required, but it is, users need this data managment and the way Hikashop handles it, I'm sorry, but it's awful.

Don't get me wrong I like the interface and for the most part it's a pretty good eCommerce solution, we use the full system too with all the bells and whistles so when it came to exporting sales per product and we realised, you can't, my client was pretty peed off to say the least, because now instead of just exporting some data into Excel and looking at the sales (as explained) it takes literally hours to arrange the data and this also allows for human error, it's not good.

I appreciate as a developer you don't see the value in something if no-one asks, but from what I have seen searching your forum and Google quite a lot of Hikashop users have required this feature, but, if it's of no value to you you're not going to spend the time doing it.

My review for Hikashop would genuinely be:
" Amazing for a FREE version, brilliant capabilities if you get the full blown paid subscription, pretty easy to configure but if you need a solution for analysing sales, customer data and exporting data then this is not the solution for you!"

Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by ImageVillage.

3 years 11 months ago #317767

Hi,

So your goal is to get the sales of each product.
In that case, why not create a "report" for that which does the calculations for you ?
You can do that in the menu Orders>Reports.
There, you can configure a products report on the period you want as a "listing" display and you can get a table with one row per product and the sales amount for each one over the period configured in the report.
Here is a screenshot of how to configure a report like that:
monosnap.com/file/HNvCdp05dEbBfOIwai8XyxCHttJ59N

Maybe because you can do such sales report directly in HikaShop, the demand for having an export of sales per product was not that important ?

3 years 11 months ago #317956

Aha, I see you do actually have the ability to create sales reports and export from a different part of Hikashop???? I think their has been confusion as I was solely looking at the Mass Actions NOT Reports, my apologies I think this will solve the solution.

I take some responsibility here as I could have just looked a little more in depth!

Thanks for your help and input.

3 years 11 months ago #317957

Hi,

No worries. The problem is that I didn't know what was your goal in trying to do that with mass actions. That's why I couldn't point you to the reports.

3 years 11 months ago #317982

Got there in the end I think! No worries, it's all there I think, just got to dig it out!

Again thanks for your patience and help.

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds