Hikashop Swichbar Multi language

• Thank you received: 13069
4 years 1 month ago #316136

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. I've added a patch to handle that.
Download the install package on our website and install it on yours and you'll get the patch.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 5
4 years 1 month ago #316354

Hi, I found another point that need multilanguage: the URL to go when the cart is empty (in component Configuration) to enable cart empty redirect in multilanguage site.
I was told that feed title translation will be in 4.3 release.
Are you going to add language override for that or are you thinking of cloning the parameter for each language? So far the override option has been adopted in Hika, just wondering if this is the target for whom does not want to use Falang or if you are planning to clone those type of settings with multiple values depending on language.
thanks a lot, cheers

Giuse

4 years 1 month ago #316357

Hi,

Yes, that's a good idea to add an override option for the URL where to redirect when the cart is empty setting.

For now, we're only adding the language override capability. However, we're thinking of making an interface for them in the future.

• Thank you received: 5
4 years 2 weeks ago #317132

Hi Nicolas, is the upcoming release offering override on empty cart URL redirect? I am asking since in a mulitlanguage site I must leave empty this parameter and HikaShop redirects to a specific category (I seem the first created) so I need to use that option since I have a checkout menu item for each language and user should access that menu item when they click on them, instead they are redirected to a category.
thanks

Giuse

4 years 2 weeks ago #317158

Hi,

Yes. With the next release of HikaShop (to be released in 1 or 2 weeks), you'll be able to enter a translation key in that "URL where you will be redirected when the cart is empty" setting in order to have a different URL for each language of your shop.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Giuse

• Thank you received: 14
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 6 months ago #324997

nicolas wrote: Hi,

Yes, that's a good idea to add an override option for the URL where to redirect when the cart is empty setting.

For now, we're only adding the language override capability. However, we're thinking of making an interface for them in the future.

Please do. I realy like Hika, but for multilang I use eshop. They have great multilang system.
Is there any roadmap known for that?

3 years 6 months ago #325006

Hi,

This has been added 6 months ago.
Multilanguage content is now doable with HikaShop without the need for Falang.

• Thank you received: 14
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 6 months ago #325019

Any documentation for that?

3 years 5 months ago #325058

Hi,

There isn't any.
You just have to activate the "Activate the edition of content in multiple languages" setting in the HikaShop configuration and you'll have the multilangage interface available when you edit your products.

• Thank you received: 1
3 years 4 months ago #327437

Hello,

Searching for how to make multilanguage Hikashop-site I found that this topic is most recent. My question: Is it possible without using Falang to achieve automatic stock-handling? (Example: There are 5 pcs of some product in the stock, so when a customer who speaks Language1 buys one piece, the stock is automatically decreased to 4 pcs both in Language1 and also in Language2?)

Regards, Mladen

3 years 4 months ago #327445

Hi,

Yes. The stock is common to all the languages so no problem with that.

• Thank you received: 1
3 years 4 months ago #327486

Great :) I would then suggest to remove following: "... and you can't handle the stock management across the different languages for your products." from following support-page: www.hikashop.com/download/languages#content

Regards, Mladen

3 years 4 months ago #327491

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. That whole section of the documentation was written years ago.
So the text you read there, which is still correct, is not linked to the discussion on this thread.
There are actually three ways to translate HikaShop content now:
- Falang
- the translation system we added to HikaShop last year
- the method described in that section of the documentation:

You can create several category trees (one per language), duplicate your products for each category tree and create different Joomla menu items attached to the different category trees' main category.
The cons are that it requires a lot of management work if you have a lot of products and you can't handle the stock management across the different languages for your products. If you don't need to manage the stock of your products and have only a few products, it's however a solution.

That last method however is the most crude one but it can work out for shop shops without the need for stock management.
We'll update the documentation there to reflect that.

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds