Resend gift voucher

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 2 months ago #349447

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.1
-- HikaSerial version -- : 4.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 4.2.8

Hello,
My client has asked if there is anyway of resending or accessing the email / voucher that a customer purchased via the website.

Unfortunately the customer accidentally deleted the email containing the voucher and it's code. Whislt I can access the code via the backend, they were asing if ther eis an option to resend the original email with the voucher attached. When I test and resend the order it does not attach the voucher image and code.

Thanks

Lee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
1 year 2 months ago #349461

Hello,

You can try to resent the confirmation email by changing its status two times (and check the box to notify the customer the second time).
You can also add a product download file to let the customer access to the voucher anytime.

But yes, when you send an email via the HikaShop backend regarding the order details, the plugin does not include the attachment for that email.
It's a filter within the plugin and it would be difficult to "control" it when you redact the message.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Hikashop Business
9 months 2 hours ago #353714

Jerome,
Apologies for not coming back to this!

Is it possible to add an additional email to the notification email sent to the customer that is also sent to the website admin so they would have a 'copy' of the email and hence the PDF?

As a feature request, for a future release, would ti be possible to have the finctionality to 'save' these generated PDF files when they are generated for future retrival?

Lee

8 months 4 weeks ago #353734

Hello,

HikaSerial adds its attachments in HikaShop emails.
You can configure these emails to be sent to the administrator ; and you can also change the configuration to add CC or BCC :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...shop-email-form.html
HikaShop also have an email history feature, if you want to keep and see the history.

Regarding the archive of PDFs, that's not something we would add in HikaSerial since these plugins are made to generate the content dynamically and they have the "product download file" feature to be able to have valid link which would re-generate the content (PDF/image) on the fly.
Thus it's already possible to re-download at any moment the content, like I mentioned few months ago :

You can also add a product download file to let the customer access to the voucher anytime.

REgards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Hikashop Business
8 months 4 weeks ago #353742

Jerome,
Thanks for the prompt reply most appreciated.

I have looked in the Email history and can see a list of the emails sent when orders are created, confirmed etc. However it appears that emails for the vouchers are not being saved in this table, only the emails to customers purchasing physical products on the site appear to be in the table. i cannot find any that were for the 'virtual' products of the vouchers?

Thanks
Lee

8 months 4 weeks ago #353805

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Hikashop Business
8 months 4 weeks ago #353860

Jerome,
Thansk you I appreciate your time. I have the Attach Serial plugin active and working. So when a customer purchases a gift voucher, Hika Serial generates the code and then also generates an image that is attached to the email sent to them on a successful purchase.

What I have been asked by my client is if they could also recieve the image as part of the admin notification email they recieve for a purchase.

Can I edit the Admin email notification to include the image?

Thanks

8 months 3 weeks ago #353872

Hello,

The HikaSerial hidden setting "serials_email_admin" allows you to add the serials in the admin emails.
To add an hidden setting, you have to access your database and a line in the "hikaserial_config" table, with "serials_email_admin" for the key and "1" for the values.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds