Product images and Category listing images

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 10 months ago #20015

Hi the URL is peppercorn-design.it .

If you click on leather accessories/belts then click on any of the options, and add something to the cart you will see what is happening on the righthand column.

At the same time when you add something to the cart the next window doesn't show the steps across the top properly either. It does if you click proceed to checkout, because it doesn't have the vertical menu down the lefthand side.

However, i would prefer the vertical menu down the lefthand side, but not sure how to add it to the Hikashop pages.

I look forward to hearing from you in the hope that these can be rectified.

Many thanks,
Kind regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 10 months ago #20026

It's because the CSS file of HikaShop is not included on your front end. You must have deactivated it in the configuration of HikaShop under the tab Display.

12 years 10 months ago #20054

Thank you. That is so simple and I have now corrected that.

By doing that two other problems have occurred.

1. If you go to Leather Accessories / Belts you will see that there is a white box around the items, how can I remove that?

2. If you click on the first two belts you will see that the top thumbnail is too large there and is underneath the text. If you go to say the hippo belt you will see how I want it to look, so that browsers can see a choice of colour, if they want to. How do I do this? In order to then have a bigger belt below, I have inserted that iseparately.

3. Alternatively, it may be that we decide to just have one large image without the thumbnail, but how do we get it to show up without having text over it?

I would be very grateful if you could answer the above for me.

Kind regards,

12 years 10 months ago #20057

Hello again, looking more closely at my localhost settings for the CSS file of Hikashop and the 'live' one on the test site, the localhost has a custom1 setting here, whereas the test site on the internet only has default setting. How do I move the custom1 setting across from the localhost site to the 'live' test site? Please advise.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Belinda

12 years 10 months ago #20059

:laugh: :blush:

Hello, I have managed to copy across the custom CSS and that has sorted out all the problems in conjuction with making operational on the front end, as you suggested. Many thanks.

I am really enjoying the challenge of this and it WORKS.

Thanks so much for your patience and help.
Kind regards

12 years 10 months ago #20060

I still though have the following problems, mentioned above, but not yet solved.

1. If you click on the first two belts you will see that the top thumbnail is too large there and is underneath the text. If you go to say the hippo belt you will see how I want it to look, so that browsers can see a choice of colour, if they want to. How do I do this? In order to then have a bigger belt below, I have inserted that iseparately.

2. Alternatively, it may be that we decide to just have one large image without the thumbnail, but how do we get it to show up without having text over it?

Hopefully once I know the answer to this, most problems will be solved.

Kind regards,

12 years 10 months ago #20071

1. It's just that the image that you uploaded in the "images" area of your products is bigger for the two first belts than the other belts. Uploading smaller images there will solve the problem.

2. You could just fix the height with CSS:
#hikashop_main_image{ height: 120px }

12 years 10 months ago #20078

Going into Hikashop-files-images and changing that makes no difference - it still comes up large. There is no image option under main.

All my images are the same size, so weird that one is showing larger as a thumbnail than the others. I have tried deleting and re-creating the product, but still doesn't change it. Very strange.

Kind regards.

12 years 10 months ago #20079

There is no height or width attributes on the images there. So your browser just displays the images with their original size. That's why I was telling you to upload again the images with the size you want.

12 years 10 months ago #20080

Oh, OK. Thanks.
Kind regards,
Belinda

12 years 10 months ago #20184

HELLO

I have done what you suggested and reduced the size of the images. Today though, I have inserted an image to appear as a thumbnail on the product pagehttp://www.peppercorn-design.it/index.php/leather-accessories/bags/product/show/2111-eloise-belly, but that same image is appearing on the listings page with a white background - www.peppercorn-design.it/index.php/leather-accessories/bags

I have searched to see where I can change this, but cannot work it out. This hasn't ever happened with the other images.

Can you advise please.

Kind regards

12 years 10 months ago #20186

Sorry - the site is offline, so access to the site is now admin123 for both instances

12 years 10 months ago #20190

That's because it's not the same image on both pages. On the listing, it's the thumbnail which is displayed and it seems that because of the format of the image, it was unable to keep the transparency on the thumbnail when resizing the image.
You can easily change that by copying the normal image (in media/com_hikashop/upload) to the thumbnail image (in media/com_hikashop/upload/thumbnail) via FTP.

12 years 10 months ago #20195

BUT IT IS THE SAME IMAGE. That is the problem. It is the same image that I uploaded by browsing and inserted under image on the righthand side of the product page. It is that same image which appears as the thumbnail at the top of the page giving full details of the product as the thumbnail in the listing, which is why it is confusing me. It is exactly the same image. The larger image which I have inserted is the same exactly as the smaller image, I have just changed the size.

Every other product than the two now up there - all the belts have been set up the same way.
I have loaded them the same way, I have created them exactly the same way using Photoshop, so is there perhaps a problem with the CSS for the bags, which doesn't appear in the belts?

Please advise.
Kind regards,

12 years 10 months ago #20197

If the larger image and the thumbnail on one page is correct, then the other thumbnail which is exactly the same size, should also be OK. The third bag is fine, so too are the belts. I just don't understand how the next two are wrong. All have been uploaded the same way.

Weird.

I cannot find the media folder within the website administrator for the thumbnails and don't really want to have to upload all by FTP, when most are working OK.

Any other ideas?

Kind regards,

12 years 10 months ago #20200

I have now uploaded the same image into the clutch bag that I used for the bag with the chain handle and it now looks incorrect on the bag listing as well, so I think it must have something to do with the CSS for those two products, because why would an image that is OK on one product now look wrong when added to a different product, yet remains ok on its original product the Lynn bag?

I have deleted the products and added them again, so not really sure what to do next. I don't see how to get to those folders you have mentioned in your last reply.

I do apologise if I am being incredibly thick, but maybe you can understand after reading this why I am so puzzled.

Kind regards,

12 years 10 months ago #20210

Then, if all new images upload do not work anymore, it's probably because you changed a setting in the configuration under the tab Files. Like for example if you activated the watermark and that your server has a problem with that. Or it could be that something changed in the configuration of PHP on your server.

The folder I mentioned in my post needs to be accessed via FTP. you can't access them via the interface on your backend unless you install ninjaexplorer or extplorer on your website.

12 years 10 months ago #20221

Really strange. I might re upload the database file, make the extra changes I needed to make over past couple of days and then see what happens. It has only started doing this today.

I haven't changed the configuration under the tab files. I have just tried changing the front end CSS back to default just to double-check, but same thing is happening under that default option.

Is ninjaexplorer or extplorer easy to install. It might be useful if I want to clean up all the images on the site, because some I have installed and no longer using.

12 years 10 months ago #20225

Yes, they are easy to install and use.

12 years 10 months ago #20232

Hello,

Well, I re-uploaded the database, then I copied across the CSS for the front end display and finally re-inputted two of the bags. So far, it is working properly now. Weird. The only thing I changed was the height of the thumbnail, which I removed because some of the products are a lot higher than others.

Fingers crossed that it will continue to work properly.

Thanks so much for your prompt help with all this.

Kind regards,

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds