Re: Payment plugin for Klarna

• Thank you received: 2
9 years 2 months ago #189490

Hi,
The mail you got from Svea is the contact person I have on Svea. I sent you an email yesterday regarding this again and my guy is working on this now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 2 months ago #190920

Hi LAMF,
How far have you got with the module to Svea?
What would it cost to get access to the module when it is finished?

Regards

• Thank you received: 2
9 years 2 months ago #190925

Stroppen wrote: Hi LAMF,
How far have you got with the module to Svea?
What would it cost to get access to the module when it is finished?

Regards

Well we are about 75% ready meaning 3 out of 4 payment check outs are done and the last will probably be done tomorrow or wednesday. They have been tested also and everything looks fine so very soon we will finally have a working payment gateway with great features an just as good if not beter than Klarna.
The plugins will be integrated with HikaShop and will be free with HikaShop Business.
I have come to a nice agreement with HikaShops great people so for all business users it will be free, don't know about Essential.
Guess Nicolas and the others have a better answer than me.

• Thank you received: 13062
9 years 2 months ago #190932

We were thinking to provide them for free to anyone.

• Thank you received: 1
9 years 1 month ago #192564

So when will we the swedes get a working checkout/payment plugin???

What can i use instead? And we need something fast because hikashop becomes useless otherwise im afraid...

9 years 1 month ago #192782

Hi,

Please understand that in order to do things properly, it requires time.
As we were saying two weeks ago, the plugin for Svea webpay was in development.
In the past two weeks, we worked hard together with LAMF to finish the development, test the plugin, make sure that everything was working properly, write the documentation and put everything in place. We actually just finished today and it is available here:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documentation/294

9 years 1 month ago #193161

Thanks for that one!

And I'm sorry if my last post sounded a bit harsh, I actually just weren't aware of all the alternatives out there. Svea webpay > Klarna!

8 years 3 months ago #225915

Hi
is there a plan to get the Klarna paymentmodul for hikashop? or have i missed something??

8 years 3 months ago #225918

I think we have to assume after more than 3 years that this plugin will not be developed. I even helped representatives from Hikashop and Klarna to get introduced. But nothing has happened. It seems that Hikashop does not really understand the difference between Klarna and all other gateways. They are different, and from that they have a huge marked share in one country.

So the simple answer is NO to being developed, and from that Hikashop IS NOT really to be used in Sweden.

Joomla service in Denmark: www.toolmaster.dk
The following user(s) said Thank You: dennisg

8 years 3 months ago #225932

That realy sucks, i have a few stores to build and i like hika after been testing almost every big shop out there. SVEAPAY is ok but KLARNA is the Standard in Scandinavia.
How hard can it be???
Am no supercoder but what needs to be done??
developers.klarna.com/en/se+php/kco-v2

Well i need to rethink this again, thought i had found the best store...

Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by dennisg.

8 years 3 months ago #225935

Hi,

We have customers using HikaShop is Sweden without Klarna. So it doesn't seem to be a requirement.
We tried to develop a payment plugin for Klarna. We spent several weeks of work on it. But Klarna kept changing things and not answering in a timely manner (several weeks or more...). Thus, since then, we put that project on hold.
In the mean time, we've developed a payment plugin for another payment gateway for Sweden and it seems to work well so far.

Please understand also understand that we can't develop payment plugins for all the existing payment gateways. There are just too many of them. If you look at our documentation, you'll see that there are actually more payment plugins developed by third party developers than payment plugins developed by us. We even offer some developer documentation so that developers can do that more easily. So if you really need a payment plugin for a specific payment gateway, you can always have it developed on your end if it is not already available.
We're even ready to provide the PHP code of the plugin that we already started but it is not finished and the code is now a bit old so it might not be that helpful...

8 years 3 months ago #225953

From a "swedish pov", i can say that your Svea webpay is really bad on userfriendly....

8 years 3 months ago #225976

Well as someone said earlier Klarna has grown to become the standard of payment in Scandinavia and is the keyplayer and not to have it in your store as a seller is a major disadvantage. I can just look at my self, if i end up in a shop without Klarna i usually dont shop there.
To have Klarna is a major validation for the customer on feeling safe to buy from that store. They have worked hard on implementing that feeling to customers so i hope you reconsider, not ta have it is like skipping Paypal in the US...

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 3 months ago #225980

Hi,

Since the beginning of the Klarna plugin development ; their API changed 4 times ; developer website changed 3 times.
You can read that all topic to get more details.

But the fact is that they made me rewrite the plugin several times to finally told me that the API I was using will be deprecated 3 months later... Again.
If I take a look at the SDK on github, I can see that the old API are removed and been replaced by new one, in less than a year for "Klarna Invoice" and gladly more for "Klarna Checkout".

I developed a lot of payment plugins for HikaShop (which are all free) and I don't want to work on Klarna again.
A payment gateway should be stable and not be consider as deprecated every year or 6 months (I'm not exaggerate that much).

I'm happy to see their new developer website and the new SDK on github.
But when I create a payment plugin for HikaShop ; I release it for free and I don't expect to have to re-work on it every year in order to re-write it again and again.

There is more and more third party developers who are creating and selling plugins for HikaShop ; which is great.
If some want to create a payment plugin for Klarna, I'll encourage them.
I can't also give them tips or the old non-working plugin ; that's not a problem at all.
But I won't work on that plugin and they won't be any Klarna plugin included in the HikaShop packages ; like there is no Svea plugin in HikaShop packages.

It's not against anybody (users or Klarna) ; When I saw the difficulties for Klarna or for Svea (which was a plugin that the HikaShop did not developed but that we have to highly modified to make it work in all cases), I don't want to consume time on payment plugin developments when there is already a lot of things to do for HikaShop main features (and also for me, HikaMarket).

Now I think that HikaShop 3 will continue to improve the checkout and give more features which could help plugins like Svea (or Klarna) to become easier for customers (having more user friendly interfaces)
Our job is to support and improve HikaShop ; and also helping developers.
But in my current situation, I don't have in mind to reconsider my position with the Klarna free plugin development.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

8 years 3 months ago #226013

Well i dont need to have it for free, i gladly pay 20-40$ or whatever pay module costs in general. so if u know where or who has made one just point me in that direction :)
and i think we are a few here who gladly split the development costs among us :)

As i sad before if u want to have a successful store aimed to swedes in Sweden u need Klarna in your checkout, period... your store wont be taken serious without it that is how big Klarna is in Scandinavia, so i think You/Hika need to rethink it´s decision on this one...

I realy dont want to go back to Virtuemart, Joomshopping

//Dennis

8 years 3 months ago #226066

Hi,

If you look at the "payment plugins" section of our documentation, you'll see all the third party payment plugins in their own section. They were all developed by third party developers. Some of them are listed in our partners page too:
www.hikashop.com/home/our-partners.html
I would recommend to contact them in that case.
Splitting the development costs is a great idea and I would be happy to participate as well if that was done.

7 years 11 months ago #239299

A Klarna update :)

Klarna is now in 18 countries including England, Germany and the US and most of Europe and is now realy big.
So please cant u make a Klarna Checkout plugin.

www.klarna.com/uk/about-us/klarna-statistics

7 years 11 months ago #239300

Our position on the matter didn't change.
You can have it developed by a 3rd party developer if you want. We'll gladly participate to the costs of a freely available plugin. And we'll be happy to answer questions regarding the development of such plugin.
But we don't develop it ourselves. We're working on core features of HikaShop that no one else can develop. Any developer can develop such payment plugin.

4 years 2 months ago #315264

Hi,

if anyone is still interested, there's Klarna Payments plugin for Hikashop available here .

• Thank you received: 610
4 years 2 months ago #315298

Hello,

Thanks for the link, we have added it to our Documentation (payment plugin third part).

Regards

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds