questions ?

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 months ago #3949

That's great news :)

One little question ... I'm getting there ... next time I'll use hikashop I think I'll be ready for pretty much any problems ...

When starting from the root category (display option : 4cols), when I get to a sub-category (there is also a menu defined to access this one with the same display option) it does show only 3 cols and create a 

<div style="clear: both;"></div>
between the 3rd and 4th column ... it's working fine from the direct menu ... any idea why ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
13 years 4 months ago #3951

Could you post a link to that page ?

13 years 4 months ago #3953

I'll send it to you by email ... website is not finished ...

13 years 4 months ago #3954

I see that you created one joomla menu per category on your left module and you are using the joomla menu module to display it. In such case, for each menu you created, you will have to set its hikashop options as each menu will have his own hikashop options. You don't have too many menus so it's not so difficult.

However, for users with more categories, they could use a hikashop content module to display a listing of categories and in its hikashop options use the "menu" option to tell the system to use the same options as another menu (your catalogue menu in your case).

As you can see in the links, you always have an itemid option. That defines which menu's options will be used to display the page once you clicked on the link. When you set the menu option in a hikashop module, all the link will have the id of that menu as itemid. And as you can see on your current menus module, each menu has its own itemid set in the link which is why you have to set the options for each menu.

13 years 4 months ago #3983

That's what I actually did : I created hikashop options menu for each one on the left side and also created a hikashop options menu for the catalogue ... the only difference is 'catalogue' is a category display ... the others products display

My problem is I would like to have the same display from catalogue than the others ... so products would be shown on 4 cols ... this is working when it displays categories ? but not when it shows products ...
In the default configuration : display option option is 4 cols and all my menus are set up on 4 as well ...

I probably do something wrong ....

screenshot is from the 'catalogue hikashop options menu'

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by seb.

13 years 4 months ago #3984

You need to go in the hikashop menu Display->Content menus.
There, edit each entry's options and make sure that you have 4 columns set in each entry's options.

13 years 4 months ago #3985

this is done allready :/ I'm always trying by myself first ...

13 years 4 months ago #3988

Could you give us an access to your back end so that we can check you settings ?

13 years 4 months ago #3997

Sure ... I send you an email straight away

13 years 4 months ago #4004

I saw that in the menu Display->Content modules, the two associated modules to the menus 9 and 11 had a number of columns to 3 instead of 4.
I browsed a bit your products and I saw four columns of productsso it seems ok.

Is the problem solved now for you ?

13 years 4 months ago #4022

Thought I checked everything ... thanks nicolas. Yes it's working fine now !

13 years 2 months ago #6702

seb écrit:

That's it I'm a proud user of Hikashop Buisness edition ...
I'm looking to this date thing ... any way to use a D+3 or whatever ... as default date ...?

Was it implemanted yet ? (you said it was on the todo list ...) that would be great if a customer tried to set up a date before this d-3 (or whaterver nubmer) we could popup a chosen message...

Another question about the shipping process ...
I know we can adjust shipping zones .. bit can create a zone with postcodes .. that would be great for local buisnesses who would like to deliver locally

13 years 2 months ago #6703

No. But after hikning again on that with a fresh mind, I think it could be done easily:
Try to edit the file fields of the view checkout via the menu Display->Views. There, add the code:
$this->order->CUSTOM_FIELD_NAMEKEY = date('%Y-%m-%d',time() + 259200); //259200 is the number of seconds in 3 days
where CUSTOM_FIELD_NAMEKEY is the column name of your custom date order field.
That should do it hopefully.

You can create shipping zones for post codes. The question is what do you want to do with those post codes ? If you just want to allow the user to select the post code in a dropdown for his address, you could just use a custom address field of the type single dropdown and enter there all the post codes.
However, if you want to have your users select a post code so that you can filter the shipping methods proposed to the user, then it gets more tricky. In such case, I invite you to read that thread: www.hikashop.com/fr/support/forum/4-how-...ipping-location.html
It explains how you can create a new level of zones below the states so that you can fine tune shipping methods filtering.

13 years 2 months ago #7147

For the date: everything is working fine ! thanks for that ...

For the sub-zones, the is still something I don't understand .. sorry ... I saw I could add some .. but I don't understand how could these sub-zones be linked to the post-codes ...

Another question ... Is it be possible as soon as the order is superior to a desired amount, to make the shipping free.. i guess it's possible and I just have to create an exception but couldn't find where to do so ...

13 years 2 months ago #7153

How do you want to use the post codes ? You still didn't tell me so it's hard to tell you what to do :)

You can create a new manual shipping method. In its options, you will have the option "minimum price" where you can set the minimum order total for which this shipping method can be used. Then, you can set a price of 0 for this method. For your other shipping methods, you need to set the option "maximum price" so that they don't show up when the order shipping should be free and voila.

13 years 2 months ago #7155

How do you want to use the post codes ? You still didn't tell me so it's hard to tell you what to do

Ohh sorry about that, what I want to do is function to the post-code, delivery/shipping can be free .... So I wanted to define all the post codes where the delivery should be free.
Knowing that : there is a shipping/delivery price defined for the state, but I need sub-zones in this state where delivery should be free ...

13 years 2 months ago #7156

So yes, you should use the information on that thread:
www.hikashop.com/fr/support/forum/4-how-...ipping-location.html
And instead of having county names, you should have post code names.

So, the user will have to select his postcode among a list of post codes instead of typing it in directly.

13 years 2 months ago #7158

Don't have the "minimum price" option but I do have the "maximum price".... I'm using "the french trsnalation" (I post here just thinking my questions may be usefull to more people) ..

thanks for the other post .. I'll look into that ... but what if someone is out of this area .. will he be able to still type his postcode ?

13 years 2 months ago #7159

Hummm ... I think it might be confusing for the customer .. don't you think ?

Would it be possible about you :
to get from the shipping module, post codes from the user and then not add no delivery/shipping cost there ?

13 years 2 months ago #7161

It's indeed not an ideal solution but that's all I got at the moment :)

Everything is possible in programming... Now, it's not that easy, otherwise, it would already be possible :p

You should have a minimum price. If you don't, then maybe it's because you're using an old version of HikaShop ?

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds