questions ?

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 months ago #3496

In my example (but I'm sure other people would have the same pbs) :
I didn't need to have 50 variants for one characteristics ... I have only at the maxium 5 and not for all of them that would definetly reduce the number of possibilities ...

For a product : I've 5 different characteristics, but not with that many options (for now I created main characteristics) and wanted to delete the one I didn't use ... but I could create o,ne characteristic for each product :

- product 01 : characteristic 01 // characteristic 02 // characteristic 03

- product 02 : characteristic 04 // characteristic 05 // characteristic 03

even if characteristics 01 // and characteristics 02 have the same displayed name...

Is it easier to understand ?

Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by seb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13059
13 years 4 months ago #3498

ahh ok, I see what you mean. That makes sense.

You can already have several characteristics with the same name actually. The only problem is that you need to note the id of the characteristics so that you know which one to choose on the characteristics selection popup when creating your products.

13 years 4 months ago #3500

ok that's fine for me if I can use the same name ... thought it might cause problems ...

Sorry for the misunderstanding .... :( Hope this wasn't a total waste of time for u !

Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by seb.

13 years 4 months ago #3528

Earlier in this post, I talked about the title thing when it included characteristics ... I wanted to display only the name of the product without characteristics ... I meant for the product page show.php .... not in the final basket ... Any way to do this ?

13 years 4 months ago #3536

You need to edit the file show of the product view via the menu Display->Views. There, you can replace the code

echo $this->element->product_name;
by the code
echo $this->element->main->product_name;
and the code
echo $variant->product_name;
by the code
echo $this->element->main->product_name;

13 years 4 months ago #3538

Hi,

what Nicolas posted will work, however any products without characteristics won't display any title at all (this is what happened in my case).

For now I will stay put and wait for an option to set this on and off.

13 years 4 months ago #3540

Hi,

That is true.
If you need both then use the codes

if(empty($this->element->main->product_name)){echo $this->element->product_name;}else{ echo $this->element->main->product_name; }
and:
if(empty($this->element->main->product_name)){echo $variant->product_name;}else{ echo $this->element->main->product_name; }

For version 1.4.1, we will add an option to generate or not the variant name with characteristics. But that will apply everywhere.

If you need to have a specific name for your variants, you can just edit them and set a name... That will disable the name generation and use the name you set in your variants.

13 years 4 months ago #3541

thanks guys

13 years 4 months ago #3548

At least my stupid questions are helpfull for others too :)

13 years 3 months ago #3620

Hello .. me again ...
A little issue with the modal popup ... for a new billing adress and I guess the others too ... it just doesn't show up using the modal ... it does load /media/system/js/modal.js in the template .... any clue about this ...? could it be a problem with jquery which i also use ? anyone had the problem ?

13 years 3 months ago #3621

yep found it ... that's a compatibility problem with jquery ... if anyone else got the problem ...

13 years 3 months ago #3622

That would happen if you have a javascript error on your website. Having both jquery and mootools loaded could indeed produce such error if you don't add the noConflict call to the jQuery library. A thread about that on joomla's forum: forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=283215

In older versions of HikaShop, there was also a problem with the loading of mootools which could produce the problem: www.hikashop.com/fr/support/forum/4-how-...esnt-close.html#2626

13 years 3 months ago #3623

So just for people that may have the same problem : 1 very simple solution (we all like simplicity ... right ?)

just add
in <script>
jQuery.noConflict();

that solved the problem for me :)

13 years 3 months ago #3717

Actually it didn't solve all my problems :( so avoid jquery as much as you can ... I just moved to mootools for good (for this project at least)

13 years 3 months ago #3721

Another question ... Is there a way to change the default zone ?

13 years 3 months ago #3722

In the address ? Yes, go to Display->Custom fields and edit the country and state.
If you mean the tax default zone, you need to change it in the configuration.

13 years 3 months ago #3855

Another question :

I'd like to be able to add a delivery date field during the checkout ... I'd like to have your opinion on how to do it ... I'll do it myself ... but how could I add this data and then report it in the email sent to the administrator ...
So my question is : which files should I be editing to achieve this ...

or ... is it possible with commercial version to add extra fields ... out of the billing and the adress ?

Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by seb.

13 years 3 months ago #3861

Hi,

The address fields are meant to be used for the address. Since an address can be used for several orders it's not what you want to do.

However, we have the solution :) In the business version of HikaShop, you have the possiblity to configure custom order fields. There is a "date" field so that will meet your requirements. They will be attached to the order and, with the latest version, they will be sent along with the administrator notification email.

13 years 3 months ago #3865

That's it I'm a proud user of Hikashop Buisness edition ...
I'm looking to this date thing ... any way to use a D+3 or whatever ... as default date ...?

13 years 3 months ago #3867

Mmm, that's not possible actually. you can set a date as default date, but then it will be fixed to this date. That's a good feature request... It's added to the todo list.

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds