Questions about search, wishlist notification and discounts applied to product

• Thank you received: 21
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 5 months ago #345442

Hi,

I have a few questions/comments, but rather than multiplying the topics, it's maybe better that I group them all here:

1) - SEARCH - The search works very well (with the Joomla search or the Hikashop search).
In the Hikashop search plugin, it searches through several fields (including the product code).
With the Joomla search, the fields 'title' and 'description' are taken into account but not the others.
Is it possible that this Joomla search takes into account all the Hikashop fields that I would have entered in the plugin, for example my 'product code'?
I am currently only using the Hikashop search (filter), but I would like to search through the articles on the site (without losing my search based on the product code).

2) - WISHLIST NOTIFICATION -
When I add a product to my wishlist, I get the notification displayed in the top right corner just like when I add a product to the cart.
But if I click on it, I am also redirected to the shopping cart and not to the wishlist (if the shopping cart is empty that says it is impossible because the cart is empty).
Is it possible to be redirected to the wishlist when it is a product that is added to the wishlist?
If I add a new wishlist (listing/cart_type-wishlist), it also tries to redirect me to a shopping cart that it cannot find.
2.2)
Is there any way to know if a product already exists in the connected user's wishlist?
My goal would be to eventually change the add to wishlist icon, when the product is already present in one of the lists.

3) - DISCOUNTS APPLIED TO PRODUCT -
Is there a way to easily find a list of all active discounts (and coupons?) for each product?
Because if my discount doesn't have a code incorporating the product code/name it can be difficult to find since the search is only based on the discount code.
I can maybe use the block creation on my product page, to try to retrieve the list of all the discounts that apply to this product, but I don't know if it's feasible and if it's the right thing to do.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

EDIT : Sorry i wanted add this post in the 'General Talk about HikaShop' part, not here. You can freely move it to the right place if you want.

Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by FDBI. Reason: Sorry i wanted add this post in the 'General Talk about HikaShop' part, not here. You can freely move it to the right place if you want.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
1 year 5 months ago #345445

Hi,

1. Note that there are two searches system in Joomla:
- The normal search in Joomla 1, 2 and 3, which was removed in Joomla 4. HikaShop has a plugin HikaShop Products search to integrates with it, and in its options, you can select the fields on which the search will be done. So it can include custom fields, etc. You decide.
- The "Smart search" which was added in Joomla 3 and is now the only option in Joomla 4. HikaShop has a plugin Smart Search - HikaShop Products which integrates with it. However, due to the way the smart search works, only the product name and the product description are taken into account. I don't think changing that would be possible due to the way the Smart Search system is done.
Of course, as you know, you can also use a text filter to search on any field of the products with any version of Joomla ( for others reading this: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...-filter-listing.html )

2. By default, when you click on the notification box, it just closes it. So I suppose you must have activated the "click to checkout" setting of the HikaShop cart notification plugin.
It would be difficult to make it go to the wishlist URL when the notification is for a wishlist. We'll look into it and see if we can do something for that.

3. No. It's hard to know that list. A discount could be directly linked to a product, but it might be linked to one of the category of the product, or to one of the parent/grand parents category of a category of the product. Or even it might not be linked to any product / category and thus would also apply to the product.
So getting such list would not be that easy. But it's not impossible. It's just several hours, maybe a day, of development.

The following user(s) said Thank You: FDBI

• Thank you received: 21
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 5 months ago #345454

Hi,

1. It's a pity that we can't do that anymore, I'll try to do without.
Maybe by adding the product code directly in the description.

2. Yes, 'click to checkout' was activated and I use it for my carts.

3. Ok

Thank you very much for all these informations.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds