Approval of new products by admin/main vendor

• Thank you received: 747
9 years 5 months ago #177268

Hi Jerome,

So, following the discussion and your post here , where it was about HikaMarket causing users to come up with a workaround for effectively preventing new products to display in the frontend without approval, I dare continuing the topic here... :)

It's sure appreciated that you're working on a simple, ideally "one-click" approval system, but it might take a while until it's fully there. I have to yet play around with the product type thingy you mentioned, so more on that maybe later.

As an interim solution, for me it all boils down to the "publish/unpublish" function, which seems to be playing an essential role anyway - unless an approval system adds another new layer of very similar or same functionality:

I, as probably most if not all other HM users, want the vendors to be able to anytime unpublish a product (i.e. because a product is not available anymore, temporarily or finally), but I don't want them to publish it (i.e. because it's not approved, or it must not be displayed for other reasons). However, a vendor must be able to see the publishing status for his product, best both in product listing and adding/edition page.

The ACL only allows enabling/disabling both, publishing and unpublishing. IMHO, a fairly simple solution could be in making it two separate ACL items, one for "publish", the other for "unpublish". Hmm?

If that's a hassle and not worthwhile pursuing while on the way to the final big thing, an even simpler step could be to either hide or disable the "publish" radio button in the vendor's product add/edit page. I also haven't been looking at this yet, but for what's required and as an effective and real quick solution this might do best. Hence, if you had a pointer for the respective code, it'd save me some time... which I could spend on writing long posts here instead, hahaha...

Thanks & cheers!

P.S.: Probably needless to say as you might have a concept for the approval system already, but a good example for "how to" is Mosets Tree...

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by lousyfool. Reason: getting rid of headers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 5 months ago #177301

Hi,

but it might take a while until it's fully there

It depends your conception of "take a while", because the next release will be next week.... But if you don't want it in the next release, it's not a problem for me.

The ACL only allows enabling/disabling both, publishing and unpublishing. IMHO, a fairly simple solution could be in making it two separate ACL items, one for "publish", the other for "unpublish". Hmm?

Yes, but like that no.
I don't want that people can unpublish a product with a single click without having the right to cancel it.
At this moment, the action of "publishing" or "unpublishing" should have a confirmation in order to be sure that the user didn't click by accident. Otherwise the store owner will have a lot of complains on "I unpublished my product by accident".

I clearly understand that you want a fast solution and I'll do my best to ally your current requirements to the "rest of the world" and to the plan I have for HikaMarket.

an even simpler step could be to either hide or disable the "publish" radio button in the vendor's product add/edit page

You just have to edit the view and replace
if(hikamarket::acl('product_edit_published')) {
by something like
if(hikamarket::acl('product_edit_published') && $this->vendor->vendor_id <= 1) {
It's not the full best solution for the "security" point of view ; that's why I will recommend you to use a custom plugin too (in order to remove the "product_published" from the product data for product updates from the front-end)

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

9 years 5 months ago #177353

Jerome wrote: the next release will be next week

Oh boy, that's great, and I can sure wait that long! Have enough other stuff to do in the meantime, still...

Your argument regarding utilising ACL is fair, understood and appreciated.

Quickly tried the code line you posted, but it makes the publish/unpublish section in the vendor product add/edit form entirely going away... as if I had disabled it via ACL or deleted the entire block from the form. I was thinking to hide only the "Yes" radio button - or better, have it still visible but disabled.

Anyway, forget it, and instead let's see what's coming up next week!

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!

9 years 5 months ago #177372

Hi,

The feature is implemented in HikaMarket.

Here a unapproved product in the product listing:

The vendor can see his unapproved products and still edit them (like he can publish/unpublish them).

And the product edition page with an account which have the right "product / approve"

The approve button will just change the product type, it does not save it in the same time.

It is not possible to approve the product in the backend because it requires some modifications in some HikaShop views (in order to display the product right). So it will come with the next HikaShop release.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Attachments:

9 years 5 months ago #177416

So, I guess that's a "sneak peek" into the near future?

I think it's ok if the approval happens in the edit page, an admin will very likely want to check all settings anyway. (Just wonder how to get there in the frontend... I guess it'll take 1-2 new views/menu items for admin only?)

At this point: remember, a few moons ago we were chatting here about a "preview" for the vendor during addition of a new product. Would be nice in general with this new approval system which, I assume, sends a product straight onto the site. Also for admin, as apparently quite a few people struggle with formatting, code, etc. Maybe not this week... but then soon...? ;)

9 years 5 months ago #177423

Hi,

I wrote the change log for the next rekease.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...arket-changelog.html

After the release I will focus on fixes for the characteristic edition (I made a lot of test and I'm still testing it but I know that I could have missed some things) and on some improvements about the shipping/payment methods per vendor.
There is also some improvements about the documentation (creation of more tutorials) and integration with social components.

Like I told you about the preview, it requires some modification in HikaShop so it's not something I can implement like that ; I have to plan it with the HikaShop team and got the approval of Nicolas.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

The following user(s) said Thank You: lousyfool

9 years 5 months ago #177435

Great - reads good! Few things a bit vague, but we'll see.

No worries, Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither was Lyon! ;)

Thanks!

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds