I need a field to capture tracking info in vendors order

• Thank you received: 0
4 years 9 months ago #307812

-- url of the page with the problem -- : eshop.bid/
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.3
-- HikaMarket version -- : 3.0.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.8
-- PHP version -- : 7x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Shipped Tracking info for Vendors

Hello Hika Team,
I need help to implement capturing tracking information in HikaMarket. It is essential for me to show buyers that their vendors have shipped their order. Therefore I need a new field in the Order details page or in Edit Status for vendors to capture this information.

I have followed the previous discussion in the forum for creating a custom field for that purpose. The information works fine When tracking is provided from Admin back-end it shows correctly in buyers order details and Seller order details.

I created the custom field for, tracking number:

Table: order
Column Name: tracking_number

HERE IS WHAT I NEED TO ACCOMPLISH:
I need a field to capture tracking info in vendors order as seen in the following image. Once it is saved, the custom field query should populate it as seen in the image here:

Would be nice to have an update or edit tracking info too, if in case the tracking data was mistyped.

Your help is appreciated.
Thank you.

Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by webreplicator.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
4 years 9 months ago #307872

Hello,

Even if a vendor do have the possibility to edit an order custom field, you will have a conflict between the value of the field in the "sub order" (the order seen by the vendor) and the customer order (which should be an aggregation of the sub orders).
HikaMarket cannot decide which sub order value it should take and it cannot perform an aggregation on custom fields (they cannot be mixed).
What you're asking for require a special kind of custom field which would perform an integration with HikaMarket so when a vendor modify the field in its side, the field will be able to know what value it need to store in the customer order.
Otherwise, it won't be possible since there is no generic way to do such kind of action.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

4 years 9 months ago #307912

I believe that everyone who uses hikaMarket are in the same boat as me....Why isn't it integrated natively in the hikaMarket? In my opinion, It is an essential function to fulfill orders, All buyers expect to know that the order has been shipped.

Is it something you guys plan to integrate soon or never?

Of course I am concerned about conflicting of future updates too.

Thank you

4 years 9 months ago #307913

Hello,

Partial shipping is not an HikaMarket feature but an HikaShop one.
www.hikashop.com/forum/shipping-methods/...tially-shipping.html
www.hikashop.com/forum/orders-management...g-and-backorder.html

Afterwards, the vendor can edit their sub-order and notify the customer by email, telling him that their sub-order has been shipped and they can also add a comment into the mail.
Now if you want to store a shipping tracking number into the order, you can but you will have the limitation of having just one tracking number for the entire sale. Which means that it might be the best place to store such information and, if there is a feature to store several tracking number into HikaShop then HikaMarket will have the integration for the vendors.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

4 years 9 months ago #307943

I understand that Vendors can send an email at the time up updating the status.

My Goal is that every Vendor should be able to store the tracking number in their respective orders when they update the order status to shipped. I want to consider this part of the buyer's protection as I will only be transferring funds to vendor's with fully completed orders; otherwise, I will have to issue a refund to the buyer. For this reason, the tracking number is a key role in the transaction.

I have implemented a custom field, but it is limited to Admin in the back-end. Only when Admin updates the order and inputs the tracking number it shows in the orders at front-end.

Your recommendation for best action is appreciated.
Thank you

4 years 9 months ago #307944

Hello,

If you don't need the customer to have access to the vendor shipping tracking number "automatically" ; the idea would be to open the custom field edition to the vendor even if the value will be stored only in the vendor sub-order.
It means that, if you want the customer to know the tracking, the administrator would need to copy the values from the sub-orders to the customer order.
It would require some development but it will be a smaller development than a full system.
Otherwise, it would require the special custom field type development, like I explained previously.

The HikaMarket feature in the TODO list is fully related on the HikaShop partial shipping and the fact that tracking number should be stored in the "order shipping params" (and not a custom field) so it will be supported by all components, plugins and views.
Some specifications has been written some time ago but they are not completed since we wanted to find a good way to be able to provide links for the customer without the seller/admin/vendor need to enter a full URL. There was also some specifications regarding partial shipping and a way to regroup several products in an order to mark them "shipped" or "refunded" ; the idea was to be able to provide more details, such as the tracking number when "shipping" so you could have information of multiple tracking with each time the associated products.
But as you will understand, it would require some important development, with various modification within HikaShop and its views and afterwards the modifications in HikaMarket to support the feature.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds