• Thank you received: 747
8 years 10 months ago #206283

-- url of the page with the problem -- : local
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- HikaMarket version -- : 1.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.3

Hi Jerome,

I noticed a few little oddities - nothing critical or urgent, but would sure be nice if you could look into this:

1. Email "Market: Vendor admin registration":
The "To Name" is not the admin or site name, but the vendor's name. So, it's being sent to "Vendor Name <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>".

2. Vendor registration form:
If validation catches an error in a single field causing an error message and preventing successful registration, the form is reloaded with all fields empty, forcing the wannabe vendor to fill in all fields again.
(I've seen this mentioned in another thread - thought it was about a previous version and was fixed in 1.6.3?)

3. Misplaced error message in backend?
If any vendor profile (incl main vendor) has empty but required address fields, the error message as per attachment here appears on every save of the configuration in the backend until the fields are filled. Maybe you intended it as reminder to the admin that some required fields are empty? Otherwise I'd say the message shouldn't show there.

4. "Display limited to" in custom vendor_address_* fields:
Doesn't work. Limited fields are displaying all the time.

5. Not a "bug", but more of a question:
After successful vendor registration, an empty page with only a system message ("Thank you...") appears. Is there any way to define redirection to a specific other link/menu item? Would be sure nice for a different welcome message. One day in the future make it an option in the backend? Meanwhile perhaps a hint on how to (hard-)code it in?

Hoping this time I haven't screwed up...
Many thanks again!

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4005
8 years 10 months ago #206342

Hi,

1. Fixed (for the next release)

2. Yes, it is something which has been fixed for HikaMarket 1.6.0 (cf changelog)

3. It's normal.
I don't want to refuse the save of the configuration (or the main vendor) even if the profile is uncompleted.
The messages are displayed so the user is informed that he can fill the missing elements of the main vendor but I didn't want to make that "critical".

4. I think it's normal because the "display limited to" use javascript and should not be compatible with the plugin structure.

5. Maybe.. For the moment it uses the same structure than HikaShop for the registration and there is a view (vendor | after_register) that you can customize and you can place PHP to perform a redirection.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lousyfool

8 years 10 months ago #206343

Thanks!

2. Hmm, why does it still happen in my 1.6.3? The field values are empty when the page refreshes with the error message.

5. Ok, I'll use after_register.

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!

8 years 10 months ago #206349

Hi,

Please edit the file "components/com_hikamarket/views/vendormarket/view.html.php" and replace

if(!empty($failVendor) && !empty($vendor)) {
			$vendor = $failVendor;
		}
		$this->assignRef('vendor', $vendor);

if($type == 'auto') {
			$type = ($vendor != null) ? 'vendor' : 'vendorregister';
		}
By
		if(!empty($failVendor) && empty($vendor))
			$vendor = $failVendor;
		$this->assignRef('vendor', $vendor);

if($type == 'auto')
			$type = ($vendor != null && !empty($vendor->vendor_id)) ? 'vendor' : 'vendorregister';
It should fix the issue.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Jerome.

8 years 10 months ago #206351

Nope, sorry, still an issue.

8 years 10 months ago #206352

Hi,

Please describe the issue ; because I don't have any problem in my local website with that patch.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 10 months ago #206415

Hi,

The issue is the same with or without the patch - as described in my original post under #2:
If a logged-in user with basic Joomla registration (only name, username, password) attempts to register as vendor, fills out all fields except a required one, the vendor registration page refreshes with an error message and all fields empty (except for email), so the user is forced to fill all fields again. With patch or without.

Edit: I notice that this issue is worse if it's a logged-in Joomla user. If it's a guest, the vendor registration form refreshes with most fields still filled and only few empty, but in addition to the system error message PHP errors are thrown (1 with patch, 2 without patch) - you should see those, too.
Either way, the patch doesn't change anything for a user.

Anyway, due to this and more and much bigger issues with product addition/edition I've been coming across since, I have set up a minimal on-line test site with Joomla 3.4.1 and Protostar, HikaShop 2.5.0, HikaMarket 1.6.3, few test products etc - but nothing else, and sure no customisations (other than this last patch) to be sure it's not something in my main site causing it. Configuration is as much as possible default, except for few things replicating relevant settings on my local main site. All issues I'm coming across in my main local site do appear in the test site as well, so they are reproducible in a very standard setup, making me wonder how it can be working at your end.

If you want, I can give you full Super User and FTP access. I suggest us switching to email to keep things brief here in the forum. If ok, PM me your email, or you want me to use "Contact us" for the details?

Thanks.

Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by lousyfool.

8 years 10 months ago #206453

Hi,

I do not need super user and ftp access for your website ; I won't be able to work correctly for such kind of debug.
I need to reproduce that in a local website ; so I need concrete and precise information to be able to reproduce it.
The patch I provided fix things in HikaMarket, it change things, I can assure you that.

Regards;

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 10 months ago #206469

Hi again,

You guys are funny. Most of the time you're asking for a live site to see things. Now I set one up extra for the purpose, and bare-naked so it's clear it's not some template or other scripts causing it, and promptly you want me to write a book instead. Duh.

It'll be a lot of work for me, on top of a bunch of other things I need to report to you, as indicated. Spent a LOT of work and time already after finding them to kind of debug myself to make sure there's nothing in my system causing it. Instead you could simply and quickly look through the config settings, see the symptoms, then rebuild it locally or whatever. Hmmpf, not happy, not at all.

I'll see when I'll get to it. Will sure try to be quick as I need to get rid of the trouble rather soon. So, I'll be back to you asap. But not here on the forum... too awkward.

More then. Cheers.

8 years 10 months ago #206482

Hi,

Sorry to be funny but we are dealing with the registration.
So when I have to debug the registration, with around 10 files in the same time (hikamarket + hikashop + joomla), plus the database (easily four tables) ; I don't like to work with external websites and FTP in such kind of condition (slower in a lot of different points and no debug tools).
If your issue was related to template or script ; the result wouldn't be the same and I know that you do not have view overrides.

I understand that you're not happy but I spent time to reproduce issue you first describe and I just got:

Nope, sorry, still an issue.

Which is, like you can imaging ; a little bit frustrating.

So please understand that before having to use that debug solution ; I want to have all useful information in order to work correctly in several files in the same time.
And please notice that I am not "you guys" because I am not the HikaShop support team and I am just asking for FTP access when it is really required.

I was not asking you a book ; I was asking for some screenshots in order to illustrate your configuration and your issue and small steps to reproduce.

Now if you want to spent time to create an online website just for that issue ; well, that's not what I was asking you because I read that you're in "local" and there is faster way than putting a website online for such kind of issue.
So before going angry, please understand that I was asking you just some screenshot or small explanations in order to not make you loose time for that.

You want to provide an access to a website so we can reproduce, fine !
But I will still need the explanations to reproduce it, not a book, just the to know what I have to do exactly to reproduce it ; and the best way I know is screenshots.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 10 months ago #206666

Hi Jerome,

Just a quick note in between: I understand what you're saying, no being angry, just one of a number of things I need to somehow report to you in details so you can reproduce... which should have been history by now, but I didn't get to it, yet. Presently too busy with things that work, haha...

Thanks for your response and explanations. I'll be back asap with feedback.

T

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome

8 years 10 months ago #206667

Hi,

I'm launching new bunch of tests for a new HikaMarket release.
Once HikaShop 2.5.0 will be mark as "stable" (for automatic update), I should publish it.
And I'll do my best to fix the registration issue you reported for that release.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 10 months ago #206682

Hi,

Very much appreciated, of course. I hope I'll get to it (and the other 'bigger' points***) tomorrow = Tuesday.
I myself want to double-check and reproduce things again in a 'clean' environment... not that I'm screwing up... like the other day... :unsure:

Thanks!

*** Two hints in advance - will make it separate things then:
In vendor product addition, try to skip a required field and hit 'save', then see what happens. Imagine you had just entered a lot of fields and a long product description. The browser 'back' button is the saviour, but poor vendor who doesn't think of it while freaking out...
Or edit HikaMarket options via a Joomla menu, then go back to the Joomla interface and try saving. You might wonder why the 'Menu Item Type' is suddenly empty and you have to start over.
More later. ;)

8 years 10 months ago #206697

Hi,

I made some tests and I still can't reproduce your issue ; I still don't see the missing point.

About the product saving, I fixed it for the next release.
And same thing for the menu saving ; it was the re-generated URL which result a wrong reading of the "type" by Joomla.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 10 months ago #206712

Hi Jerome,

Glad you were able to reproduce the other 'hinted' things and fixed them.

Now, I'm still able to reproduce the "forgetful" vendor registration. It's so plain simple that you must understand why I'm baffled how you can not reproduce it.
Here I hope all you need to finally experience it yourself:

Setup:
Joomla 3.4.1, Protostar
No extensions other than HikaShop 2.5.0 and HikaMarket 1.6.3

Status of plugins relevant for user and registration:

Relevant options in HikaShop & HikaMarket (as plain and simple as it can get, I guess):

Scenario 1:
Guest registers as vendor.

(Not relevant for me in my case, but anyway.)

Registration form 'before' (Note: I unpublished/unrequired a few default fields to make it shorter for this test):

Registration form 'filled' (Note: the required City fields I forgot - on purpose):

Registration form 'after' clicking button - all fields empty:

Scenario 2:
All the same, but logged-in Joomla user - now decided to register as vendor.

(My default case.)

Registration form 'before' (same unpublished/unrequired fields as above):

Registration form 'filled' (Note: the required City field I forgot - on purpose):

Registration form 'after' clicking button - all fields empty:

I can't think of any setting wrong or missing which could prevent the form from returning still 'pre'-filled. And again, I can't think of any reason why you were not able to reproduce it, but I hope you are now.

Meanwhile I'll go and test some other things... ;)

Thanks & regards,
T

Edit:
Sorry, forgot to mention: the patch was applied. As said before, it doesn't matter if it's applied or not, though.

Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by lousyfool. Reason: Note at bottom
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome

8 years 10 months ago #206772

Hi,

Okay I got what you're doing.
You do not fill a required vendor custom field that you display during the registration.
And the vendor custom fields are the first element which is checked.

Your screenshots are confusing because you do not fill the "city" for both addresses but the message is just for the vendor custom fields.
And I generally do not display the address vendor fields because HikaMarket automatically copy the address from the user to the vendor.

Okay !
Now I'll be able to debug that :)

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 10 months ago #206776

Hmmm, I always only referred to "a field", means it could have been any type of field - as long as it's required and produces an error when the user enters it wrongly or not at all. How do I know that it could be due to various different field types and checks without digging much deeper?
I dare saying that if you know there are different checks and validations depending on type of field, e.g. for custom and "core core" fields, it'd be good if you tested them all...

Anyway, seems you're on the way now. ;)

8 years 10 months ago #206783

Hi,

Like I said, around 10 files, hundred of lines and a really huge number of possibilities.
I'm trying to test them all but that configuration was not in my test cases (but now it is).

So !
File : "administrator/component/com_hikamarket/classes/vendor.php"
Replace :

$vendor = $fieldClass->getInput( array('vendorregister','plg.hikamarket.vendor'), $old, true, 'data', false, 'display:vendor_registration=1');

if($vendor === false)
		return false;
By
	$vendor = $fieldClass->getInput( array('vendorregister','plg.hikamarket.vendor'), $old, true, 'data', false, 'display:vendor_registration=1');

if($vendor === false) {
		$vendorData = @$_SESSION['hikashop_'.'plg.hikamarket.vendor'.'_data'];
		if(!empty($vendorData))
			JRequest::setVar('fail[vendor]', $vendorData);

$fieldClass->getInput('register', $old, true);
		$fieldClass->getInput('user', $old, true);
		if($shopConfig->get('address_on_registration', 1))
			$fieldClass->getInput('address', $old, true);
		return false;
	}
And it will force the session storage for the registration fields.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 10 months ago #206855

Hi,

Many screenshots later here we are: bingo! Solved!

Thanks & cheers,
T

8 years 10 months ago #206861

Eerrrmm... guess I should also mention the PHP error that's thrown:

"Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /blablabla/components/com_hikamarket/views/vendormarket/view.html.php on line 624"

Actually, it should be a different line number because I left the old code in and only uncommented it, etc, Anyway, the line in question is

if(!empty($vendor->vendor_params)) {

Hope it helps.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds