Few little things

• Thank you received: 4005
8 years 10 months ago #206903

Hi,

Are you sure that you take the line 624 from the right file ?
Because I don't have the mentioned line.
And for the official line 624 in the HikaMarket 1.6.3 package, there is no logical way that the "$user" is not an object due to the few lines before. Except if the data is really really corrupted.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 747
8 years 10 months ago #206978

Uuuuurrrrgh... you're right, I'm sorry. Had other files open, too, must have caught the wrong #624. Thankfully such hazard doesn't happen all the time.
Yup, you're looking at the correct #624, which happens to be before the edited part.

Are you saying you don't get that error? Again??? Hahaha, France is really special! :lol:

I just did a file comparison with the original file of the latest 1.6.3 I have, which is dated 2015-06-27. All the same except for that little bit from #634 on.
Then, because otherwise I can't sleep, I did the vendor registration again, as guest, and of the required ones both city fields left empty. Result see attached. Seems I can even reproduce in ways that aren't logical, hehe...

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Attachments:

8 years 10 months ago #206997

Hi,

That's right, I do not have the warning because I have patched HikaMarket two weeks ago :)

if(empty($user)) {
		$user = @$_SESSION['hikashop_user_data'];
		$address = @$_SESSION['hikashop_address_data'];

if(empty($user))
			$user = new stdClass();

$register = @$_SESSION['hikashop_register_data'];
So HikaMarket 1.6.4 will have the patch.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

The following user(s) said Thank You: lousyfool

8 years 9 months ago #208010

Hi Jerome,

I'm really sorry, but I need to come back to this:
Just tried vendor registration in 1.6.4, and the problem with the session storage is back... :(

So, again, wannabe vendor forgets a required field, and the page reloads with the usual system error message and all fields empty. I double-checked, and of course administrator/component/com_hikamarket/classes/vendor.php is 1.6.4 and has the code as in your post www.hikashop.com/forum/22-market-bug-rep...e-things.html#206783
My scenario (logged-in Joomla user) and settings are the same as described before. All required vendor_address fields are core fields, if that matters.

Please take a look at it again, thanks.

On that note, why not use the HikaShop address system? HikaMarket can't exist without the shop anyway, so it would make good sense to have vendor address(es) in the same address pool, no? Extra benefit: If buyer = vendor or vice versa, an address must be entered only once, then just be selected. Would also be a step towards enabling multiple addresses for vendors, e.g. one for billing and another for warehouse location ("shipping from"), which is not a rare situation and playing a role for shipping cost and else.

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!

8 years 9 months ago #208044

Hi,

The problem you described before has is patch and like you said in a previous message :

lousyfool wrote: Hi,

Many screenshots later here we are: bingo! Solved!

Thanks & cheers,
T

So it means that your issue is now different and I need to know the new context.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 9 months ago #208087

Jerome wrote: ... I need to know the new context.

Hi,

There is no new context here at my end. As I said, everything is the same except it's now HikaMarket 1.6.4. I am still on Joomla 3.4.1 and HikaShop 2.5.0 etc, and in that "clean environment" with nothing else installed and Protostar.
So I could copy and paste my earlier post with the many screenshots here again and only replace "1.6.3" with "1.6.4". ;)

The patch you provided earlier worked in 1.6.3, indeed. It is included in 1.6.4, obviously, but it seems it doesn't do there what it's supposed to do - it is again an issue with the vendor registration form reloading in "virgin state" if a required field is left empty when clicking "Register".

So, while my context has not changed other than updating to 1.6.4, I guess there is something else that has changed in 1.6.4 which causes the issue to re-appear.

Sorry for the hassle, but there it is.

8 years 9 months ago #208099

Hi,

Nope ; the patch does not changed and there is no other modification for the registration between 1.6.3 and 1.6.4
So, I can say that the issue is different ; what you are testing is different but you do not mention it.
I perform new investigations and I found a NEW issue that you did not talk about previously.

It could be useful for the future that you provide details about the error.
Seriously, just two screenshots are enough.. One before the submit and one after the submit.
It shows perfectly the error, with all details, with all we need to know.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 9 months ago #208169

Hi again,

Jerome wrote: ... what you are testing is different but you do not mention it.
I perform new investigations and I found a NEW issue that you did not talk about previously.

Not sure what you mean.
But no need to elaborate further now. First, I'd like to make really, really sure that nothing here on my end is "different". So, I plan setting up a clean site with 1.6.3 again, then update it to 1.6.4 to see what the update does. Only, since I need a bit of time for it but am in the middle of other stuff, I'll have to get back to this at some point later.
So far, the screenshots I could take would be looking the same as in my post #206712, e.g. "Scenario 2". Which is why I was referring to it.

Anyway, thanks, and more later.

8 years 9 months ago #208203

Hi,

Maybe you think that but it is not the exact issue you described.
I don't want to argue anymore on that subject.
I made the patch and it will be integrated in the next release.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

The following user(s) said Thank You: lousyfool

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds