Store paid directly - Fees with Paypal Adaptive not working ?

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 3 months ago #285117

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.2
-- HikaMarket version -- : 2.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.3
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.7
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : CHROME
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error, not expected result

Hello,

I try to do exactly what you described here:
"2 - If your vendors will be paid using Paypal ; you have to create one single Paypal payment method and you have keep the market mode to store paid directly. The plugin Paypal Adaptive have a Classical Mode where it can use the paypal email stored in the vendor profile in order to let the customer pay directly the vendor. In the case when the vendor do not have that email filled, your store will be paid instead. That's why it is really important to not change the market mode. Please note that Adaptive plugins (paypal adaptive, mangopay) are also working like that."
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...-multi-tutorial.html
But not in this page: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ml#config_market_tax
"The "Store paid directly" is also called fee mode ; it is when your vendor have fees. You collect all the money and you would pay your vendors after removing your fees."

I want the vendor to collect directly the money from the user (product price + one fee for Paypal: $0.30 + 2.9 %, but different in Euro and $CAD). And I want also one fee to the website.
I think it's a logic way for a multi-vendor system.

• The Plugin "Hikashop(market) Paypal Adaptive Payment Plugin" is Enable.
  • Here are my Taxes and Fees Options:
  • And here my Payment method Paypal:

After a test: User "C" buy one product at $1 to vendor "B"
(my website is "A", see paypal method, email above)

The results I got:

The website "A" received the payment (to the paypal address defined in methods payment) but not the vendor "B".
" Montant avant commission1,34 $ USD
Frais PayPal-0,34 $ USD
Montant net1,00 $ USD "
The Paypal commission at 0.34$ looks not correct. it should be 0.30 + 2.9% = 0.33...

Vendor "B" received 3 emails but no payment on his paypal account:
"Your sale ... is now created...", "Your sale ... is now confirmed" with in:
Customer final total $1.00
Vendor final total $0.61 > Why 0.61...
+ one email "Paypal payment notification : payment Completed for order no...."
With in it a link to the administrator joomla back-end but it should be the Vendor Control Panel on the front-end:

User "C" received 3 emails as well... 1,34 $ but to the website name (not the vendor name).

Overall, it looks like the Adaptive Paypal plugin is not working properly. And the fees are from the payment method paypal not the Taxes and Fees options in Hikamarket.
Can you please help me?

Best regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 3 months ago #285118

Hello,

Regarding your payment method configuration ; it is not Paypal Adaptive but it's the standard HikaShop paypal plugin.
As long as you're not using the Paypal Adaptive plugin ; you can't use the marketplace feature that we put in that plugin.

As you will see, Paypal adaptive settings are different than the HikaShop payment plugin :
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...form.html#additional

The website "A" received the payment (to the paypal address defined in methods payment) but not the vendor "B".

Yes, since you're not using an adaptive payment plugin, one single account can receive the money.
CF : www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...or-presentation.html

The Paypal commission at 0.34$ looks not correct. it should be 0.30 + 2.9% = 0.33...

2.9% ?
It's not what you have configured in your plugin. Just look at your screenshot and you will see $0.3 + 4%
pasteboard.co/H0kM5EG.png

Vendor "B" received 3 emails but no payment on his paypal account:

Since you're not using the paypal adaptive plugin ; yes that's normal.

Vendor final total $0.61 > Why 0.61...

We do not have details about the order and the rest of your HikaMarket configuration ; without these, I can't tell.
I would need the full details regarding the order (additional, products) and the payment/shipping split settings.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...onfig_market_general

Overall, it looks like the Adaptive Paypal plugin is not working properly. And the fees are from the payment method paypal not the Taxes and Fees options in Hikamarket.

You're using the HikaShop paypal plugin, so I'm afraid that the Paypal adaptive plugin is not used by your shop.
The fees are working as you have configured them (cf your screenshot) and without details about the HikaMarket "market general" setting and the content of the order, I cannot give you a precise answer regarding the processing of the fees.
But since hundred of websites are using HikaMarket (and we are using HikaMarket too), I do not see any fee processing issue.

There is a huge different between the HikaMarket fees which determine what fee you will take to your vendors ; and the payment/shipping fees which are something that the customer will pay.
And these payment/shipping fees can be include in the vendor sub sales if you them to handle the payment/shipping costs.

The main question is : what do you want to do exactly regarding the payment fees ?
If you check the "split payment fees", the vendor will get the payment fees in its subsales, so it will affect its vendor total.
It's totally transparent regarding the customer since it's between you and your vendor.

There are various settings in HikaMarket which make it flexible to handle most of marketplace requirements.
Most important is to know how you want to handle that, how you are structuring the financial part of your marketplace.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 3 months ago #285163

Thank you Jerome,

Exactly I was not using the "Hikashop (market) Paypal Adaptive Payment Plugin" :S

I think I understand the difference between the Price (in only one currency to select) + Percentage in the Paypal Generic Configuration : What the user will pay to the vendor, and it's in the total when checking out.
And the Hikamarket Taxes and Fees Options: What the vendor will pay to the website (commission).

I don't want the vendor to pay the Paypal fees, the user should.
USD and CAD: "the fee for each transaction is 2.9% plus $0.30 USD of the amount you receive"
EUR : apparently more than 3 % depends the country plus €0,35 EUR

I put 3% in the Hikamarket for all USD, CAD, EUR currencies, this is my commission.
So if only USD, I would configure in Paypal: Price: $0.30 and (2.9 + 3 = 5.9) Percentage

But here is my problem: I can only fix one fee/currency in the Paypal Generic Configuration, I wish to have the same table than in the Hikamarket fees where you can adjust depends the currency...
Do you have any suggestions ?

Thank you again,
Best regards,

PS: I don't use the Split payment fees since I limit to One vendor in cart.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 3 months ago #285164

Hello,

But here is my problem: I can only fix one fee/currency in the Paypal Generic Configuration

Since you're using the HikaShop payment plugin system ; you can create several instance of your payment plugins.
And you can use the restriction to have different payment configuration depending the currency.
So, each instance will be related to a currency (via the "currency restriction") and have a payment price with that currency.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopheMG

6 years 3 months ago #285962

Thank you again Jerome for your help,
For those who read this topic, make sure to really use the Hikashop (market) Paypal Adaptive Payment Plugin
To not use the Classical mode. And if you use different currencies: you can create several instance of your payment plugins with different restrictions.
I created another topic since it's pretty different now, the result expected is the same but with Paypal Sandbox Testing:
www.hikashop.com/forum/19-hikamarket/893...-sandbox.html#285960

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds