Setup for paypal adaptive so vendor receives 90% and main vendor receives 10%

• Thank you received: 1
3 years 8 months ago #322430

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- HikaMarket version -- : 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.20
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.16
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : firefox 78.0.2 on macOS 10.15.5

I need some help to complete the multivendor setup in our store, particular with setting up the vendor so that PayPal adaptive pays him 90% and the main vendor 10% when the transaction is paid by the customer. The main vendor - the owner of the website is thesiriuslibrary. Our first vendor is setup in the backend, and is called Alchimie de Lumiere.

We see that we need to create a new PayPal adaptive payment method for the vendor. The question is: Does each vendor need to setup a Paypal Adaptive account, so we that the information required can be obtained? And/Or does the main vendor need to setup a Paypal Adaptive Account? Is this account different then their normal PayPal account?

What does the field Paypal Classical mean?

For the payment methods, would I have one PayPal adaptive payment method for the main vendor, and one Paypal adaptive payment method for the vendor? Should I have the normal PayPal payment method for the main vendor? Should I have a normal PayPal payment method for the vendor?

Also, we noticed than your HikaMarket documentation is not quite up to date, and is missing a description of a few fields, and is a little out of date with not including enough information about PayPal adaptive. Perhaps it came at a later date than the documentation. Is it possible that you can bring that up to date for PayPal adaptive, so we can easily complete the setup of our multivendor store. Right now, all the payment is going to the vendor, or we can set it up so that all the payment goes to the main vendor. We want the 10% fee to go to the main vendor, and 90% of the payment go to vendor.

The Vendor Payment Content field under Taxes and Fees Option is also missing documentation.

When we specify Percent Fee for the vendor, do I put there 90% (what the vendor gets) or 10% (what the main vendor gets). That wasn't clear.

Thanks so much for your help.

Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by TheSiriusLibrary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
3 years 8 months ago #322460

Hello,

Paypal adaptive plugin do not require multiple instances for your different vendors ; it automatically handle HikaMarket and can use the paypal email address provided by your vendors.

If you do have a Paypal Adaptive application account, you can use your account to automatically be paid and your vendors in the same time.

Otherwise, you can use the "classical" mode and the plugin will let your customer pay directly your vendors.
If your vendor do not have a paypal account or if they are multiple vendors which need to be paid in the same time, your store will be used as the destination email. The plugin allow to simplify the configuration since you just need one plugin instance.
The classical mode is like using any other regular payment plugin, you or your vendor will be paid and you need to pay back your vendors or be paid by your vendors.

The commissions/fees are to be configured in the HikaMarket backend :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ml#config_market_tax
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/259-hikamarket-fees.html

HikaMarket will process the sum you and your vendor should gain.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...or-presentation.html

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds