Incorporate affiliate link

• Thank you received: 0
7 years 7 months ago #247035

Can Hikashop incorporate an affiliate link in its product page?
What i mean for example i become an affiliate of amazon or CJ for example, i incorporate the affiliate link into the product page, and when a customer click's on a link, the order is sent to amazon. In this case, the customer is sent to the Amazon/CJ product page.

Thanks & regards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
7 years 7 months ago #247041

Hi,

Yes, that's possible. You can put the link in the "Brand URL" option of the product for that and that will add the link on the product page.

• Thank you received: 0
7 years 7 months ago #247068

Thanks for your quick reply.

Can the link be incorporated into a button replacing the add to cart button, and the link not visible?
Because its not sold through the cart, the sale is completed at affiliate website, i.e. amazon/CJ.

7 years 7 months ago #247072

Hi,

In that case it will require some small modifications.
One to the file "show_default" via the menu Display>Views to change the brand URL link into a button.
And one to hide the add to cart button in CSS.
You can read more about how to do such customizations here:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ize-the-display.html

• Thank you received: 35
4 years 6 months ago #310904

Hi Nicolas,

1 - after 3 years, Are your two ansers here still the same ? Or, Do you have any suggestments to do it in a "better" way ?

2 - I'd like to have an HikaMarket Store where each Vendor can add their products, while the Main Vendor can add also Products from AliExpress, Banggood, Amazon using this "incorporate affiliate link".
According to your experience How can I keep them separate ? I mean to filter them during searches etc. Maybe using TAGs like "AliExpress", "Banggood", "Amazon", OR maybe opening a Vendor Store for each wholesale provider ? OR ... ?!?
Please, Do you have any suggestments ?

Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by joomleb.

4 years 6 months ago #310965

Hi,

1. It's still the same.

2. How about creating a custom field of the table "product" with the different types of products so that the vendors could select the type when creating their products ? Then, you could have a filter configured on that custom field so that customers could use that filter to select the type of products they want to search for.
In fact, supposing that you use the "brand URL" solution to allow the vendors to set their external affiliate link for their products, you could create one or several mass actions to set the value of the custom field automatically based on whether the brand URL field is filled or not when a product is being created/updated:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/167-massaction-form.html

4 years 6 months ago #311055

Hi Nicolas,
thanks!

1 - the biggest limit I see is that "Brand URL" and Custom Filed link are shown always as: Brand URL : www.banggood.com/ ...
While should be too much better have them as: <a href="Brand URL : www.banggood.com/ ...">Brand URL</a>
Do you have any suggestment to have it back as described ?
(In my opinion should work in that way by default)

2 - "brand URL" being the Referral Affiliate link could not be filled automatically.
But, following your suggestment about Filters and MassActions that can be very useful, Why not use the "Product > RESTRICTIONS AND DIMENSIONS > Warehouse" field ?

3 - Finally, these Products that are from external warehouses (like Banggood, Amazon) should have to be visualized them in a "Catalogue Mode". Now, I'm a little bit confused because I find different suggestions here and the HikaShop layout is changed during last updates, for example:
Suggestion 1 seem a really simple way - Suggestion 2
Please, What is the best and simple solution to do it right now ?
Have I to work on "Product > DISPLAY > Page layout" ? How ?

4 years 6 months ago #311070

Hi,

1. You can edit the file "show_default" via the menu Display>Views and change the line:

echo JText::sprintf('MANUFACTURER_URL', '<a href="' . $this->element->product_url . '" target="_blank">' . $this->element->product_url . '</a>');
to suits your needs.

2. The warehouse system in HikaShop allow you to group products into different shipping groups to be able to offer different shipping methods for different shipping groups. That way, you can have multiple shipping methods (for different products of the order) in the same order. That's similar to what amazon does when you purchase products from different vendors.
The goal of the brand URL field is to be able to link to a specification PDF or page from the manufacturer. For example, if you sell an Acer laptop on your shop, you might want a link to the specifications page of the laptop on the acer website.

3. Yes, I think that this suggestion is the easiest to setup www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...re-a-way.html#200166 to remove the add to cart button for some products.

4 years 6 months ago #311092

Hi Nicolas

1 - Thanks. I think that would be a simple but a very good improvement for HikaShop ! Please, add it to HikaShop

2 - Thanks. I'd like to read more about the Warehouse use, but the only documentation I can find is this one , Please, Do you ahe any other guide on it ?

3 - Thanks. Anyway, using that trick we will be not able to use the "0 > No stock" feature. But the trick is good. I suggest to add by default a catalog character, like, for example, when I enter "quantity of the product: - " the catalogue mode will be used (and "no stock" language string not used or another language string applied). Simple but a very good improvement for HikaShop ! Please, add it to HikaShop

4 years 6 months ago #311114

Hi,

2. There is no documentation specific to that but there is not much to it.
You can create/modify/delete warehouses in the System>Warehouse menu.
Then, you can select a warehouse in each product to link the product with a warehouse.
And you can do the same in shipping methods.
Then, on the checkout, the products of the same warehouse will be grouped together and the shipping methods linked to the corresponding warehouse will be selectable for these products. Then, the cost of the selected shipping method for each group of product will be added together to get the global shipping fee of the cart.

3. We'll see. There are already many options everywhere. So I would prefer removing options rather than adding more of them, especially if it can be done easily without an option.

4 years 6 months ago #311147

Hi Nicolas,

1 - Hope to see that soon added by default, it's never nice to leave long links in sight (SEO / SEF)

2 - Many Thanks!

3 -

nicolas wrote: There are already many options everywhere. So I would prefer removing options rather than adding more of them, especially if it can be done easily without an option.

I'm totally agree with you, this is why I suggested this, because from my point of view is not a new option, but a "quantity of the product" logical feature improvment that can solve a lot of complex workarounds found here for the same issue. And this will solve finally the "Catalogue Mode" need, no more Catalogue Mode global option is needed...

4 years 6 months ago #311169

Hi,

The thing is, no one will know that they need to enter a dash for that.
So they will ask us, and we will tell them. But we could also tell them to set a quantity to 0 and a translation override, or a sale end date in the past and a translation override. It's the same for us, and not much different for them.
If we add something, we would add a real option so that people can easily see it without even having to ask.
That's why I was saying that.

4 years 6 months ago #311191

nicolas wrote: ...to set a quantity to 0 and a translation override... ...It's the same for us...

Using translation override would not allow to use the "0 > No stock" feature that is part of the "quantity stock" feature. The "catalogue mode" at should has its own language string.

Maybe would be better to have just a "catalogue" layout to set in "Product > DISPLAY > Page layout" ?
If Yes, Please, How to add a "catalogue" layout ? (Perfect copy of the standard product layout on which to work)

• Thank you received: 609
4 years 6 months ago #311239

Hello,

You have to create an override view (from product page), from Main HikaShop Configuration, go to Display dropdown view => Views.
Then use the 3 dropdown filters with "Product"/"Your template"/"frontend".
Start from "show_default", "show_reverse" or "show_tabular", from which one you have define.
When you edit your view, you have to enter a new name in order to add a new view (and don't just replace the native one).

Later, in your required product page you can define the page layout in Display part or better in your specific Category configuration page, in Additional information.

Regards

Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Philip.

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds