Allow Users to Edit Custom Fields in Edit Profile

• Thank you received: 3
9 years 1 week ago #195238

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.0

I know that the HikaShop User Control panel just directs people to edit their account via the Joomla system however I created a Custom Field for users in HikaShop and now have no ability to allow users to edit it.

I created a field for users when they register and it works fine during registration but after that point how are they suppose to be able to edit it?

1. User enters data in registration custom field
2. User has no ability to ever edit that data again.

Joomla edit account page has no reference to the custom fields at all.
Hikashop does not have a user account edit page at all.

So what are the options to edit these types of fields?

Personal: michaeltunnell.com
Business: visuex.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
9 years 1 week ago #195288

Hi,

HikaShop will automatically display the custom user field on the profile edition page of Joomla in such cases.
So there is nothing to do actually in order to get what you want.

If the custom user fields don't display on the profile edition page, it means that either you turned off the option "Display custom user fields on user profile edition page" of the HikaShop user synchronisation plugin (that you can edit via the Joomla plugins manager), or that you have a view override of your Joomla profile page with customisation too important for the plugin to insert the fields in the form. Deleting the view override of the profile page would solve the problem in that case. You can do that in the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_users via FTP.

• Thank you received: 7
7 years 6 months ago #250713

nicolas wrote: Hi,

HikaShop will automatically display the custom user field on the profile edition page of Joomla in such cases.
So there is nothing to do actually in order to get what you want.

If the custom user fields don't display on the profile edition page, it means that either you turned off the option "Display custom user fields on user profile edition page" of the HikaShop user synchronisation plugin (that you can edit via the Joomla plugins manager), or that you have a view override of your Joomla profile page with customisation too important for the plugin to insert the fields in the form. Deleting the view override of the profile page would solve the problem in that case. You can do that in the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_users via FTP.

I have checked and done this, but my custom field is not showing.

I have added a Profile Photo to the user-table, field type image. I have added this, because I use HikaMarket too and would like to use the Vendor image, as a large Cover background and then have a Profile Photo. Like Facebook has it = 2 images.

But I can't seem to get this working they way I would like.

Regards,
Henrik

.ninja { color: black; visibility: hidden; }
In case of fire:
1. git commit
2. git push
3. exit building

7 years 6 months ago #250744

Hi,

Custom vendor fields are not displayed on the profile edition page. Only custom fields of the table "user" or "address" will appear.
That's probably why you don't see them.
Also, you'll only see them when you edit the profile. On the profile display page, they won't appear. So it would require adding custom code there if you want to have the custom field value to display on the profile page.

7 years 6 months ago #250766

But is it not what I have done?

Added a custom field to 'user' table. I would then expect to see this in Joomla User Edit page, where you change Name and password and then here set a profile photo.
It's OK, that I don't see it in Profile display page, listings, vendors page, etc.
I know, that I need to do a lot of template override to get this part to work and show the why I would like. But to start, I need to be able to give my users the option to set and upload and change this User Profile Photo.

In case of fire:
1. git commit
2. git push
3. exit building
Attachments:

7 years 6 months ago #250786

Hi,

Yes, you should see the field in the profile edition page.
If you don't then either you have unpublished the HikaShop User Synchronization plugin or you turned off the setting "Display custom user fields on user profile edition page" in that plugin, or there is a problem with the settings of that custom field.

7 years 6 months ago #250791

As listed above, I have checked that HikaShop User plugin is published and show custom fields is enabled. I have also deleted template override, so that it runs default Joomla User Edit page. Still it does not show.

Adding image in back-end is saving OK. A look in database show correct reference to image.

So, if there is a problem with the setting of that custom field, whats the problem then? I added it as guided in documentation.

In case of fire:
1. git commit
2. git push
3. exit building
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by flexsus.

7 years 6 months ago #250796

Hi,

Then, can you provide a backend access and a link to the profile edition page and a link to this thread through our contact form so that we can have a look at your custom field settings and the issue ?
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

7 years 6 months ago #250980

Hi,

I was able to access your website.
So the issue was with your custom field. The "frontend" display setting was turned off and thus it was not displaying on the Joomla user edition page. After activating that setting, the custom field is displaying on the Joomla user profile edition page:
take.ms/qPr6J

The following user(s) said Thank You: flexsus

7 years 6 months ago #251014

Hi
Yes, I see that it work now and sorry for not testing this. But I did not set it because of documentation:
Custom fields listing

Front end : If set to yes, address and user customer fields will be used during the checkout process to ask more information about the customer. Product custom fields will be displayed as specifications on the product page.

I don't want my customers (users) in the shop to upload an image during checkout process?! It make no sense.

What I'm trying to achieve is two sets of images in profile.
Vendor has: Vendor image, and User image.
HikaShop users (Customers) has: User image

In other words, I still don't get why Joomla 3 does not as default have option to set User Image (avatar) on Registred Users. I had hoped that I could achive this with HikaShop/HikaMarket and avoid getting a 3rd extension, just to achieve this.

In case of fire:
1. git commit
2. git push
3. exit building

7 years 6 months ago #251041

Hi,

There is no separate option for now in HikaShop custom user fields to display the field in the Joomla user profile page and not on the checkout registration form. Usually, when you want to do that, you don't use the fucntions in HikaShop but an extension specific for Joomla user profiles.
So yes, if that's what you want, you would have to use a Joomla extension to display that on the profile page.
It's also possible to do that with a bit of thinkering with the Joomla files. For example, to add an expiration field to Joomla users:
webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=...&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

• Thank you received: 21
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 6 months ago #344489

Hi,

I have a similar problem at the moment: I have created a custom field 'is_newsletter_subscriber' in the 'user' table which is displayed on registration but not on editing.

Registration (displayed) :

Editing (not displayed) :

No template override here : templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_users

My custom field :

Plugin HikaShop user synchronization plugin :

Access sent through the contact form

1 year 6 months ago #344499

Hi,

Thanks for the details and the access.
I was able the reproduce the issue on my end and made a patch.
Download again the install package of HikaShop 4.6.1 on our website and install it on yours and you'll get the patch.
It should then display properly.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 6 months ago #344518

Hi,

Unfortunately I still don't see the field on editing profile

This message contains confidential information

1 year 6 months ago #344519

Hi,

Then I don't know. I would need a FTP access to do some debugging directly as it's now working fine on my end with the same setup.
Could you provide that via our contact form ?
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

• Hikashop Business
1 year 6 months ago #344526

Yes, FTP access sent.

EDIT
I don't know if changes have also been made elsewhere, but I can no longer validate a cart for which I have selected Mondial Relay as the shipping method since I installed the latest version.
I get this error:

It is possible that I am responsible for the error because I made some changes in some files, but I don't think I did it in a file, even remotely related to the shipping method. As this is another topic, I will open a new thread if it persists

Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by FDBI. Reason: EDIT : Mondial Relay error after the last update

1 year 6 months ago #344530

Hi,

Thanks for the FTP access. I was able to add a correction to the patch so that it works fine on your end too.
We've added the patch on our end too. I also noticed that the yes/no style is off on Joomla 4. We'll look into matching the display of Joomla 4 for the next release of HikaShop.

Regarding mondial relay, the update should make no difference.
This "invalid data" error should appear because you're using an invalid shipping address:
www.hikashop.com/forum/5-support-en-fran...y/333449.html#333492
Also, since then, Jerome has updated the plugin to display a nicer error message. So it's likely you're not using the latest version of the Mondial Relay plugin.

The following user(s) said Thank You: FDBI

• Hikashop Business
1 year 6 months ago #344533

Hi,

It's perfect, my custom field is now working properly.
Thank you very much.

Regarding my problem with the Mondial Relay plugin, I will post all the information in the thread 904346

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

• Hikashop Business
1 year 6 months ago #344671

Hi nicolas,

I think that I encounter a problem concerning my custom field using the Mondial Relay plugin.
More details here : Thread 344670

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds