Wishlist for all users, possible?

• Thank you received: 84
  • Hikashop Business
1 week 5 days ago #307596

Hi,

Looking at how many users asking same question over and over I would like talk about hikashop wishlist feature. As we know, whislist only can be used by registered users but maybe there could be a way to change it behiviour so it could be used by anyone?

As example instead of adding product variant to wishlist we could add main product and then access that product via menu item product listing. So all whislist/saved items would be there and then we could go to that product and select variant we want ( if adding product to wishlist or to cart is not possible via product listing ).

I won't go into deeper explanations but please take a look into this few examples. Just add products to wishlist and access them via heart icon.

www.newlook.com/uk/womens/c/uk-womens
www.asos.com/women/new-in/cat/?cid=27108...|new+in|new+products

I am not sure where these products are saved, maybe in cookies or something, but would be great to have something like this so they could be accesable each time user visit site....

Let me know your thoughts.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 9668
1 week 5 days ago #307599

Hi,

There are several things in your message:
- being able to add main products to the wishlist even if the product has variants
- being able to use wishlists for non logged in users
- support only a quantity of 1 (or only the minimum quantity) for the products in the wishlist so that you wouldn't have an add to wishlist button but instead a "add" / "remove" button for each product/variant

These are all interesting ideas. Some easier to implement than others, some more useful than others. I personally think that the first one is the least interesting. I would rather have a system (which would work for both cart and wishlist) where when you click on the "add to wishlist/cart" button, you would get a popup to select the variants before it's added to the wishlist/cart on listings.
The work we want to do on the characteristics/variants system is actually to allow for that.

• Hikashop Business
1 week 5 days ago #307626

Hi,

1. The pop up is good idea. But it would be also great to have as an extra option the variant select box or something like that and on select it would add that variant to cart or wishlist...

2. Would be there a way to store cart and wishlist in cookies or something instead of session as it is working now. This would allow people to access they cart and wishlist each time they goes back to website. Now if you close browser and come back you need to add those products again if not logged in.

Thank you

• Thank you received: 9668
1 week 4 days ago #307633

Hi,

1. You mean directly on the listing, before the add to cart/wishlist buttons ?

2. With the current situation, once you're logged in your cart is stored in the database for your user account. So to access it you need to login. allowing people to access the cart without logging in when the cart is linked to their account is not something I would go for for now for security reasons. But the first thing would be to store the cart reference in the cookies for non logged in users. That could be a good idea yes so that the cart would still be available even if the session expires.

• Hikashop Business
1 week 4 days ago #307648

Hi,

1. Yes. That's what i mean. You may wan to check my link provided above: asos.com and how they handle wishlist. So you should better understand it.

2. For logged in user it is fine as it is now but for guest it would be really great to store it in cookies so it would be available each time user comes back. Same for wishlist.

Thank you

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds