Wishlist for all users, possible?

• Thank you received: 114
4 years 10 months ago #307596

Hi,

Looking at how many users asking same question over and over I would like talk about hikashop wishlist feature. As we know, whislist only can be used by registered users but maybe there could be a way to change it behiviour so it could be used by anyone?

As example instead of adding product variant to wishlist we could add main product and then access that product via menu item product listing. So all whislist/saved items would be there and then we could go to that product and select variant we want ( if adding product to wishlist or to cart is not possible via product listing ).

I won't go into deeper explanations but please take a look into this few examples. Just add products to wishlist and access them via heart icon.

www.newlook.com/uk/womens/c/uk-womens
www.asos.com/women/new-in/cat/?cid=27108...|new+in|new+products

I am not sure where these products are saved, maybe in cookies or something, but would be great to have something like this so they could be accesable each time user visit site....

Let me know your thoughts.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
4 years 10 months ago #307599

Hi,

There are several things in your message:
- being able to add main products to the wishlist even if the product has variants
- being able to use wishlists for non logged in users
- support only a quantity of 1 (or only the minimum quantity) for the products in the wishlist so that you wouldn't have an add to wishlist button but instead a "add" / "remove" button for each product/variant

These are all interesting ideas. Some easier to implement than others, some more useful than others. I personally think that the first one is the least interesting. I would rather have a system (which would work for both cart and wishlist) where when you click on the "add to wishlist/cart" button, you would get a popup to select the variants before it's added to the wishlist/cart on listings.
The work we want to do on the characteristics/variants system is actually to allow for that.

4 years 10 months ago #307626

Hi,

1. The pop up is good idea. But it would be also great to have as an extra option the variant select box or something like that and on select it would add that variant to cart or wishlist...

2. Would be there a way to store cart and wishlist in cookies or something instead of session as it is working now. This would allow people to access they cart and wishlist each time they goes back to website. Now if you close browser and come back you need to add those products again if not logged in.

Thank you

4 years 10 months ago #307633

Hi,

1. You mean directly on the listing, before the add to cart/wishlist buttons ?

2. With the current situation, once you're logged in your cart is stored in the database for your user account. So to access it you need to login. allowing people to access the cart without logging in when the cart is linked to their account is not something I would go for for now for security reasons. But the first thing would be to store the cart reference in the cookies for non logged in users. That could be a good idea yes so that the cart would still be available even if the session expires.

4 years 10 months ago #307648

Hi,

1. Yes. That's what i mean. You may wan to check my link provided above: asos.com and how they handle wishlist. So you should better understand it.

2. For logged in user it is fine as it is now but for guest it would be really great to store it in cookies so it would be available each time user comes back. Same for wishlist.

Thank you

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

• Thank you received: 75
4 years 8 months ago #308982

Hi,

regarding above discussion, we see some changes have been made in Hikashop 4.2.0 and the changelog states "The cart and wishlist systems now use cookies for guest users", but as far as we can see the wishlist still can not be used by guest users, correct?

We were very much hoping it would now be possible for users to use wishlist without creating an account and logging in, would it be possible to add this feature as well now that the wishlists no longer use sessions?
Thanks.

The following user(s) said Thank You: kyratn

4 years 8 months ago #309011

Hi,

That's correct. The cookies support was added to the cart/wishlist managing system, but there are checks to make it so that wishlists are not available to guests in controllers and views and this wasn't changed.

I've noted down your request. Thanks for your input.

• Thank you received: 75
4 years 8 months ago #309925

Hi,

we've noticed with the recent changes to the wishlist, the wishlist Cart Display menu item has also changed for guest users.
In previous hikashop versions when a guest user clicked on the wishlist display, he would be redirected to the login page with the message "please log in to use the wishlist", which seems logical to us. But now, when a guest user clicks on the wishlist menu item, he will just get to see an empty cart page, with no message that he cannot use the wishlist as a guest and no message that he needs to log in first or anything.

If in future it will be possible for guest users to use the wishlist (as discussed in previous posts) this won't be an issue anymore, but as long as that's not yet the case, the current behaviour is a bit confusing to guest users, because they can view the wishlist page but not actually use the wishlist.

Can this perhaps be looked at or changed to something similar how it was before?
Thanks.

4 years 7 months ago #309989

Hi,

Mmmm. I'm not sure about the situation.
From what I understand, you're talking about changes we made following this:
www.hikashop.com/forum/wishlist/895748-w...st-issue.html#298086
The change we made is this:
- before the change, if you were trying to access a wishlist cart display menu item without actually having a wishlist, it would direct to the user control panel with the message "your wishlist is empty". This means that for a guest user, he would then be redirected to the login page by the user control panel page, which would then go to the user control panel upon login.
- after the change, if you try to access the same page in the same condition, you'll now see the empty wishlist page.
However, there shouldn't have been a "please log in to use the wishlist" message before like you're describing.
And to me, knowing all this, the modification we made is a clear improvment on the previous situation.
Now it could be improved further, and I've noted your feedback. We'll see what we can do for the next release.

4 years 5 months ago #313013

Hi,

1. Is there any update on this? Any development is in process?

2. While playing with wishlist customization i just thought maybe it could be done other way. Wouldn't it be better to have wishlist as menu item product listing? Something similar to "recently viewed setting"... So wishlist items could be saved in the cookies as we have "cart' right now ( which works really well ). This also would allow "add to cart" button work properly. The button would change to "choose options" if product has variants and vice versa. We also potentially could use filter on this menu item, Like sort. ( Sorting by recently added, expiring soon would be great too ).

And maybe instead of modifying existing wishlist it could be better to create new feature, like "saved items" and do the stuff mentioned above?

Let me know your thoughts.

Thank you

4 years 5 months ago #313015

Hi,

1. No. We were on other things the last two months.

2. Having another function like that sounds like a good idea yes.
It's noted on my end.

4 years 1 month ago #316520

Hi,

We just released a new plugin on our marketplace based on some of your ideas:
www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/155-product-like-btn.html

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds