Shipping options

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 3 months ago #3476

I created two shipping options and published them but they dont show during checkout??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
13 years 3 months ago #3485

Did you set a weight in your products information ? Otherwise, the product will be considered as virtual goods which do not require shipping.

13 years 3 months ago #3504

Ah no, i didnt put weight. Surely my client doesnt have to weigh her items?? Is it possible to put a figure in the weight and hide this from customers view, just to get the shipping options working?

13 years 3 months ago #3507

Yes, if you don't put restrictions on weight in the shipping methods, then you can put any number as long as it's not 0 and that will activate the shipping.
The weight can easily be hidden on the product page with some CSS that you can add via the tab display in the configuration:

#hikashop_product_weight_main{ display:none; }

13 years 3 months ago #3519

OK, so i have put random numbers in the shipping weight but still it doesnt show during checkout, there must be something i`m missing :unsure:

13 years 3 months ago #3520

Please look at that FAQ to see if you're missing something: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ins-listing.html#faq

13 years 3 months ago #3522

Ah, i put the weight in the shipping method but not in the actual product details. Before i begin to start listing my clients hundreds of products, can i confirm:

In order to apply a standard shipping cost of £3.50 to all orders regardless of how much a customer spends, one must insert a weight (even if its a fictional weight) to each product, then set a maximum and minimum weight in the shipping method. Making sure that the weight in the product falls within the max / min weight in the shipping method otherwise the shipping method will not show?

13 years 3 months ago #3525

You don't need to set weight restrictions in your shipping method.
The weight in products is needed so that the system knows if your products are shippable or not.
Weight restrictions in shipping methods are used to filter out shipping methods.

For example, if your shipping company is billing you different prices based on the weight of your packages, you can create several shipping methods with the different prices and weight restrictions your shipping company has so that it reflects the reality:
between 0 to 2kg 3€
between 2 and 10kg 15€
etc

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds