Auction emails not received

• Thank you received: 5
7 years 11 months ago #234953

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.1
-- HikaAuction version -- : 1.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8

Hello,

I am setting up HikaAuction on a website (first time) and have started testing and we are not receiving any emails. I have read about the Cron task, but I am not sure really what to do. I did test the cron link in the url which looks like it triggered the cron, I have attached an image.

This website is in a sub-directory at the moment and we are just about to go live but I obviously need to have the auction email issue sorted. AFOM Auction

All auction emails are published.

I hope you can help.

Thank you
Kind regards
Lene

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
7 years 11 months ago #234971

Hello Lene,
If your Hikashop emails are correctly sent but not your HikaAuction emails, your issue is probably coming from your cron (HikaAuction use the cron to correctly send emails).
You should check that your cron is correctly working :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...cron-task.html#check

HikaAuction will need the cron to automatically send emails so you'll have to correctly configure it or manually trigger it.

7 years 11 months ago #235126

Hello Mohamed,

I did test the link (index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=cron) from the frontend, and in the backend it shows that the cron task was run and the IP that triggered it. Sorry, but I don't know much about cron task and I don't really know what to do. But I do need to get this fixed very soon as my client is waiting for this website to go live now.

I have attached an image of the screen from the cron task link (triggered twice).

I hope you can help me out here.

Thank you
Kind regards
Lene

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13036
7 years 11 months ago #235146

Hi,

You need to configure your cron task, following our documentation:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...ashop-cron-task.html
Once that's done, it will work.

7 years 11 months ago #235173

Hi Nicholas,

Do you need to have an active account (which I do) to use HikaAuction?

I tried adding afom to both the auction subscription and the hikashop subscription but that does not make any difference when I click on the 'create/edit your cron task'. I have attached an image.

Is it possible to setup a cron task on the hosting server instead of using your server, and if you need an active subscription for the auction to work, will this make a difference? I just to know so my client will know if they have to keep subscribing to HikaAustion.

Thank you
Kind regards
Lene

Attachments:

7 years 11 months ago #235200

I checked with the hosting company, their reply was:

Thanks for providing the IP. I could not find that in the logs.
Looking in the mail and cron reports it looks like they are running every hour. Can you confirm your emails are working normally outside of this concern?

And my emails are working normally.

Lene

• Thank you received: 13036
7 years 11 months ago #235215

Hi,

No, you don't need to have an active account. You can instead configure your cron using your own server.
The cron using your own server will work even if your subscription expire.
The documentation link I gave you explains briefly how to setup a cron for your own server: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...ron-task.html#server

Regarding the error you have with the popup, it's because the URL you entered in your subscription and the URL you're using to access your website are not the same. So please use the same URL.
But if you set a cron on your own server, it won't matter.

7 years 11 months ago #235295

Hi Nicolas,

Is there any settings that needs to be changed in Hikashop/Auction when you set the cron task on your own server?

This is getting really frustrating, there is no sign of life from the auction other than the ticking down at the front end and bids. No sign of activity in the backend, no emails sent. Even a closed auction that had bids on it show with zero sale.

Lene

Attachments:

7 years 11 months ago #235298

I have been communicating with the hosting company again, they looked at the server activity and the cron task, this is their reply:

Just to confirm our phone conversation, your best option would be to have Hikashop give you the exact command to put in to your cron. From the cron that's been ran it's likely there are some errors in the command you have.

Lene

7 years 11 months ago #235313

Hello Lene,

No sign of activity in the backend, no emails sent. Even a closed auction that had bids on it show with zero sale.

Then it just means that your cron isn't correctly triggered.

Regarding the command, you'll find it on the documentation page that Nicolas gave you :

lynx -source " www.yourwebsite.com/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=cron " > /dev/null
wget -O /dev/null " www.yourwebsite.com/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=cron " > /dev/null

7 years 11 months ago #235384

Hello Mohamed,

The command for Linux is the exact command that I have used, except for changing of course the domain name.

I tried changing both subscriptions to the domain, including sub-directory, still not working.

It is a bit embarrassing for me as I now have had to go to my client saying we can remove the auction part to a hidden menu so I can keep testing and we can go live with the website. But I can't really test either as I cannot see what changes I have to make.

Regards
Lene

7 years 11 months ago #235392

Hello Mohamed,

I added the second command, and I also added the command for main directory (needed when we go live) and sub-directory (which will be removed) and I am now receiving the cron email with this message for the sub-directory:

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 337 [text/html]
Saving to: “/dev/null”

0K 100% 27.0M=0s

2016-04-06 08:18:03 (27.0 MB/s) - “/dev/null” saved [337/337]

But I am still not receiving any system emails, like the outbid notification.

From somebody that has never added a cron task to a server before, can I please suggest that you put a bit more detailed description to your user documentation? Even just that you have to add two commands and also which is the recommended setting for the delay between tasks (I don't know what difference the delay will do to the auction process/emails).

Regards
Lene

7 years 11 months ago #235394

Hello again...

FINALLY!!!! My day just got much better... I just received all emails at the same time, which would be a bit late if you where bidding. How can you set it so they receive the email just after they have been outbid?

I am sure it is as frustrating for you at your end as it is for me at my end. It is different when you read the instructions and you already know what to do then when you read the instructions have no idea...

Regards
Lene

7 years 11 months ago #235405

Hello,

One more issue... the 'auction finished' and the 'auction winner' notifications was never received, the emails are both published in the system.

Regards
Lene

7 years 11 months ago #235430

Hello,

I just received 20 email which must be from the bidding I did this morning to test. How can it have 1/2 a day delay? And I have still not received an email for the winning bid with invoice for payment.

Regards
Lene

7 years 11 months ago #235438

Hello,

FINALLY!!!! My day just got much better... I just received all emails at the same time, which would be a bit late if you where bidding. How can you set it so they receive the email just after they have been outbid?

The only solution will be to trigger your Cron frequently so that your customers could be notified quikly

the 'auction finished' and the 'auction winner' notifications was never received, the emails are both published in the system.

That's weird because every HikaAuction email are sent the same way, so if you correctly receive some emails you should receive the HikaAuction finished/winner emails too, can you try it with a new Auction now that you fixed your Cron issue.

I just received 20 email which must be from the bidding I did this morning to test. How can it have 1/2 a day delay? And I have still not received an email for the winning bid with invoice for payment.

The solution will probably to trigger the cron 2 times / day

7 years 11 months ago #235578

Hello,

I have created another auction to see how it goes.

This morning I received another batch of 10 email with the following admin notification:

HikaShop Triggered at 2016-04-06 20:00
10 mail sent

Still only outbid or new bid notifications.

I have set the hosting server to trigger the cron every 15 minutes. I had the email notification set so i received an email every time the cron was triggered:

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 161 [text/html]
Saving to: “/dev/null”

0K 100% 10.0M=0s

2016-04-06 15:00:16 (10.0 MB/s) - “/dev/null” saved [161/161]

Is there anyway that Hikashop cron task can conflict with the server cron task?

It is Thursday here now, I was expecting to have this website up and running at the latest Monday.

There is not a lot of documentation or forum posts on the HikaAuction so I really need your assistance to get this up and running.

Thanks
Regards
Lene

7 years 11 months ago #235588

Hello,

An update on the new auction that i created this morning. I set it to finish at 8:15am. The person that was outbid just received the outbid notice at 12:32pm and I received a system email with the following:

HikaShop Triggered at 2016-04-07 12:30
1 mail sent

No winning email received yet.

I have the server cron task set to run every 15 minutes, I will change this to every minute later, but it looks like Hikashop has its own trigger for how the emails are being sent and it does not make sense. One bidder received one outbid email at 8am, only email received even though the bidder placed a couple of bids. A duplicate of this email was also sent to the other bidder. The other bidder received 4 emails at 7.30am, 2 being copies (exactly the same), and 2 at 8am, one being the one addressed to the other bidder, and the last outbid notice at 12.30pm.

Any idea of what is going on??

Thanks
Regards
Lene

7 years 11 months ago #235630

Hello Lene,

That behavior is weird, can you give me a temporary access to your back-end so that I can check and debug it with a test auction ?
Note that you can send the temporary access through our contact form (don't forget to specify the link to that thread) :
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Thank you !

7 years 11 months ago #235745

Hello Mohamed,

I have set up as user for you and sent it through the contact form.

Thank you
Lene

Moderators: Mohamed Thelji
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds