Auction emails not received

• Thank you received: 1
8 years 10 hours ago #237437

Hello Mohamed!
I have created a cron task on my own server following your documentation.
I am receiving the cron email all the day with this message:

--2016-04-19 22:20:01-- moreart.pro/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=cron
Recognized moreart.pro... 185.42.12.11
The connection to moreart.pro|185.42.12.11|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, waiting for response... 200 OK
Length: none [text/html]
Saving to: "/dev/null"

0K 73,7 M=0s

2016-04-19 22:20:02 (73,7 MB/s) - "/dev/null" saved [389]

But I am not receiving any system emails at all, like the outbid notification, like Lene. And support of my hosting says that everything is OK and they adviced me to get your support.
And when I create a cron task using your server, I get these emails with greater delay. but I need a delay about 5-10 minutes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 5
8 years 7 hours ago #237447

Hello Mohamed,

I updated Hikashop to v2.6.2 as soon as it came up and the 'allow payment notifications from PayPal' was already set to 'yes'.

All this was in place when I tested yesterday.

Regards
Lene

• Thank you received: 1778
7 years 11 months ago #237556

Hello,

@ShNatochka & @lt635
In your case you should probably check each points of the "If your cron task is not working, you should:" part of the "Cron" documentation .
Also, we can continue through that thread :
www.hikashop.com/forum/hikaauction/88228...omponent.html#237538

@lt635

The shop is sort of working, would like to move the 'shipping' step out of checkout process when buying digital download

If your cart only contain Digital downloads you should actually not see any shipping and shipping address selection, so you should just make sure that your products don't have any weight/dimensions but also that your "Force shipping regardless of weight" option is set to no via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Checkout".

I updated Hikashop to v2.6.2 as soon as it came up and the 'allow payment notifications from PayPal' was already set to 'yes'.

In that case, can you :
- Set the PayPal "Debug" option to YES
- Test it again
- Show me your Payment log file content.

You'll be able to check your payment log file through "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Main" by using the "See the report" button of your Payment log file option.

To finish, we were able to fix the Email "HTML" issue, so the best solution will be to directly download the last HikaAuction version through our website, install it and test it again.

7 years 11 months ago #237627

Hello Mohamed,

I have setup a test website in the sub-folder so the user and ftp that I emailed you is still the same and PayPal has been set to sandbox. This website will be deleted once we worked out the auction issues. Any fixes will have to be implemented to the actual website. I have put a big note in the banner to make sure the website owner don't go there by mistake from an old link.

With regards to the shipping, we have both type of products. But this is not a huge issue now, we can live with that...

- Set the PayPal "Debug" option to YES
- Test it again
- Show me your Payment log file content.

I did this but the report is blank.

Regarding the Cron issue I have replied to the other post .

With the emails, after updating to the latest version of HikaAuction I received the auction new bid and outbid notice but no final winning email. The title show this: AUCTION_EMAIL_OUTBID_TITLE. No HTML emails received, just text.

One thing I do react to is that I receive emails addressed to the other bidder in my inbox. If this was a real auction I think people would react if they are receiving emails addressed to another person.

Thanks
Regards
Lene

7 years 11 months ago #237630

Hello,

Regarding the emails, I finally did receive the winning email and final outbid email and they were in html - great :). But the delay of a couple of hours is an issue. And the problems with the bidders receiving each others emails is an issue. The winning bidder received the outbid notice addressed to the other person and vice versa.

I will do some more testing to see if the email format was caught in the system cache.

Regards
Lene

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji

• Thank you received: 1778
7 years 11 months ago #237641

Hello Lene,

I will do some more testing to see if the email format was caught in the system cache.

Ok thank you !

Moderators: Mohamed Thelji
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds