Why NO Square API?

• Thank you received: 0
7 years 1 week ago #265372

I'm at a lose for words for why you guys DO NOT have integration with Square. Square is the top mobile payment processing company and will soon surpass Stripe and Paypay for ecommerce online processing and you guys don't support it. They already have integration with, Weebly, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, Ecwid, ShipStation and Wix... I'm not trying to tell you how to run your business but I think you're making a HUGE mistake not making integration with Square a priority. A lot of small business owners use Square and by not having integration for it you are excluding a HUGE customer base that wants to use the same processing company at "point of sale" and "ecommerce" if available. They are projected to make over $100b annually in less than a years, you can only do that with a large customer base. HikaShop being included in that list on Squares website provided in the screenshot attached could possibly boost your business greatly!!!!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
7 years 1 week ago #265382

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. We develop payment gateway integrations based on demands.
Until last year, Square wasn't much requested so it wasn't on our todo list. It is now, although we have a lot of others on the list as well.
The more people request it and the faster we'll get to it.

If you really need such plugin in the short term, note that you can have it developed by any PHP developer. We provide a developer documentation for them to be able to developer such plugin:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...r-documentation.html

7 years 1 week ago #265446

HI...
I understand but you can only get request from your current customer base that already use your product that may be looking to switch to Square for ecommerce payment processing. What about the POTENTIAL customers that you're NOT getting because you don't support Square ecommerce? You can't get those request that would actually show the demand for it that would prompt you to get to it faster and you're losing money at the same time because you don't support it. Business is about potential and growth and in my opinion you guys could potentially be stunting your growth.

7 years 1 week ago #265472

Hi,

I understand what you mean. But that's the same for the hundred of payment gateways we don't support yet. And we cannot humanly develop a payment plugin for each payment gateway out there.
We have to start somewhere and build them up little by little. The first version of HikaShop only had one payment plugin. 7 years later there are more than 150 payment gateways supported but still a lot of others that aren't.
And you need to remember that each time we add support for one of them, we need to keep maintaining it in the future, when we change things on our end, but also when they change things on their end.
For example, you have Amazon... We've been supporting them for a few years now and every 2 years we have to develop a new payment plugin for them as they keep on shutting down old ones when adding new APIs that are totally different from the previous ones.
I hope you can see where we're coming from.

7 years 6 days ago #265536

Yes I see where you're coming from... It was just shocking that you guys didn't support Square as big as they are. I think you guys have a great product but think you should prioritize making a API for Square. I have 4 friends that I referred HikaShop to but they choose to go with Virtuemart and J2Store because they support Square.

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 6 days ago #265540

Hi,

As Nicolas said, we can't develop every payment plugins on our own.
And most recent plugins which have been created or added in HikaShop where mostly support by the community or created via a custom development :
www.hikashop.com/home/our-partners.html

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

7 years 6 days ago #265566

Hi... I understand and If i could help with the API i would. How do I go about asking help from the community to do it?

7 years 5 days ago #265577

Hi,

What Jerome means is that some paid a developer to develop the plugin and then either released it for free, or provide it for a fee so that other merchants using HikaShop could purchase it and use it.

7 years 5 days ago #265623

Ok... Let me know where i can find a developer to do it and I'll pay them if it's not too much and release it for free. As long as you guys continue to update and debug it when needed...

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 5 days ago #265629

Hello,

I gave you the link to our partner page where you will see a list of HikaShop partners, in that list you will find developers.
You can contact them in order to have a quote.
www.hikashop.com/home/our-partners.html

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 9
6 years 10 months ago #269898

Have you done anything with this yet? If not I am about to get one made.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

6 years 10 months ago #269928

No I haven't... I had a pagination issue with my template and HikaShop so I'm in the process of finding another cart to use since I found that someone else posted about this problem in the support forum and HikaShop said it's not their fault it's the templates fault and they wouldn't or couldn't do anything about it.

6 years 10 months ago #269905

Hi,

@olstadesigns:
On our end, we didn't work on such plugin for now and didn't get a hand on such plugin developed by someone else.

@titlechaser:
I'm not sure what you read where, but usually the issues with pagination not working comes from the way the template override the Joomla pagination and the fact that HikaShop tries to be compatible with the Joomla pagination. Just renaming the file templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/pagination.php should fix the problem (and that's usually what we recommend to do in such case).

Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by nicolas.

6 years 10 months ago #269937

Nicolas I read it on here, here's the link... I had the same issue...

www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...ion-not-working.html

• Thank you received: 9
6 years 10 months ago #269938

@nicolas

I am currently getting this plugin developed. It is costing me AU$300. Can I ask if there has been any requests for Afterpay plugin?

docs.afterpay.com.au/merchant-api-v1.htm...rpay-merchant-api-v1
www.afterpay.com.au/

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.

6 years 10 months ago #269940

Hi,

@titlechaser:
The first message there says exactly what I suggest. So did you try renaming that file ? Did that help ?

@olstadesigns:
All I could find is this: www.janvankuijk.nl/nieuws/afterpay-en-de-hikashop
So apparently the person who wrote that text is interested (if I understand well the Google Translation).
Apart from that, I don't remember someone asking about it on this forum, or to us by email.

6 years 6 months ago #278259

Just wanted to add that I have 2 customer sites waiting for a square payment plugin as well.

• Thank you received: 21
  • Hikashop Business Hikashop Essential
6 years 6 months ago #278448

+1 for Square plugin

• Thank you received: 18
  • Hikashop Business
6 years 6 months ago #279194

also +1 for Square. I have clients asking to move from Joomla/Hika to WP/Woo just in order to use Square. The whole Square system is much better than anything else I've seen.

• Thank you received: 609
6 years 6 months ago #279236

Hello,

If you are still interested in developing an Hikashop Square payment plugin, we've heard from our partner TsukiDev that they want to work on it :
tsukidev.com/

So I would recommend contacting them to see with them.
Regards

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds