Payment plugin - Afterpay

• Thank you received: 2
5 years 5 months ago #300013

Yes, I agree. Whenever anyone asks for something that Hikashop isn't working on, their standard answer is contact our partners. I contacted several partners about developing a zip pay plugin which is similar to afterpay. One said they weren't interested at all. One didn't reply and one said that a ballpark figure would start around 450 euro or around $900.00 Australian. I too am getting tired of having to find the appropriate file, view or place myself in order to modify anything in Hikashop, and am currently reviewing ESHop. The developer there seems very willing to help if you have an issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
5 years 5 months ago #300020

Hi,

We're happy to help when people have issues. The forum is filled with answer from us on how to customize things.
However, you need to understand that developing a payment plugin takes between a day when all goes well and the integration is really easy and the documentation is concise and clear to weeks when it's complex. Asking 450€ for such development is quite normal and I think that it's even not that expensive. Would we do it ourselves for one client, we would charge that much.
We can only afford to charge a lot less than that because we except selling many of them when we develop them ourselves (and so we do that when we've had enough demands for it).
I doubt that the developers of Eshop will develop any plugin asked because someone requested it.
I'm sorry but we can't develop all the possible payment plugins in the world. There are hundreds of payment gateways and they even change their APIs every few years. So it's a lot of work to just maintain the ones we already support and we prefer focus on core functions of HikaShop rather than plugins any PHP developer can do.
We provide a list of partners so that you can easily find people to work on such development, but any PHP developer can work on such payment plugins. We provide the developer documentation on our website ( www.hikashop.com/support/documentation.html#hk7 ) and with the integration documentation and a test account from the payment gateway, any PHP developer should be able to do it.

• Thank you received: 9
5 years 5 months ago #300028

As Nicolas said it is hard even more so for a cart product that is not developed in the same country as it's users who require some of these plugins. As Afterpay is only in Australia and now the US I can only imagine most of you requesting this would be from Australia. I myself have had to have the following plugins developed myself:

- Afterpay
- ZIP
- SquareUp (Now also developed by Tsuki Dev)
- TNT Shipping
- StarTrack Shipping

These together have cost me over AUD2,500 to have developed along with modification to view files. I would offer to on sell these but don't know if they will work properly on all templates and can not offer support for these. You are best off getting these developed yourself. I myself would have been happy to pay Hikashop to do this but they did not offer this so you will need to find your own developer to do the required tasks. I would be happy to on sell the plugins themselves to give your developer a head start in implementing this to work on your site which would then mainly just require modifications to any view files and may need to create any extra positions in your template.

Like Nicolas said some plugins are straight forward and may only require a day but for example the StarTrack plugin took 3 months to develop because StarTrack was very unhelpful. I believe their team have an old dinosaur of an API run on SOAP which they are not sure themselves how it works so they give no support.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by olstadesigns.

• Thank you received: 4
5 years 5 months ago #300029

Only this morning I have downloaded Magento to start moving my sites across. I have spent over $50,000 developing calculators and SEO for my sites in the last 12 months on the Joomla platform and now I have to start again. Its the overall impact that it will have on my business. Currently Im ranking on the first page of google and Im about to blow that all away over a payment plugin that wont be supported by hika shop.

5 years 5 months ago #300032

I don't get it. You are willing to sacrifice your Google ranking and $50,000 worth of development over a $400 - $600 plugin? Whay not just get the plugin developed? Far cheaper option and saves all the heartache of what you are about to do. I have used Magento and it too lacks in areas and I can garantee because it is open source you will also have to pay to get plugins developed that aren't yet available for that platform. Magento is a bit tricker as well over Joomla but probably a more secure system overall.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.

5 years 5 months ago #300033

It is not as simple as having a plugin developed. They want credentials and a proven platform which is supported. Any random cant just go and have a plugin developed and then hope that a major player like Afterpay or ZIP pay well agree to it. Thats the point here... WE keep getting told to go to the partners an get them to develop it, well who are they? Be more specific and stop vaguely pointing us in a direction that is not there. Our point is that Hika shop is no longer the industry leader or for that matter even competitive any longer in the e commerce market place. The $50,000 I will lose wont go near what I am losing in potential sales at the moment if I dont do it. If I increase my sales by 30% using afterpay, it will mean an additional 400,000 in sales

Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by mieprint.

5 years 5 months ago #300035

This is exactly what I did. I approached Afterpay and ZIP and created and account and then I got their APIs to get the plugins developed. Every payment processor who offers online integration has APIs to allow designers, developers or platform developers to create integration in the form of plugins. As for credentials I have a developer website that the work gets done on. The developer never gets access to the live sites.

I do agree though that Hikashop should do a little more to support their customers. Especially for the larger markets anyway. It would open a lot of new business for them as potential customers would be doing their research and if they are looking for e-commerce they would be doing their checks that their requirements are met or available in today’s market and the plugins I have had developed are the leading payment and shipping processors on the market today. The next one I will need to have made is Couriers Please. I have not found a platform or e-commerce add on to date that covers all my requirements.

5 years 5 months ago #300036

And yet there is no information about who we contact to have the plugin developed. It is quiet simple really.

The reply should be:
This company or this person has the plugin that you need and it will cost $$$$ this much.

How hard is it. How many times do people have to ask about a ZIP pay or afterpay plugin. It is the most ridiculous situation I have ever seen. Quiet simply who do I have to email or contact to get a plugin for afterpay of zip pay? Now that is not a hard question to answer.

• Thank you received: 1
5 years 5 months ago #300037

Obviously they can't make plugins for every single payment gateway etc but like others have said; you have this many people asking for it and yet the best response is 'go talk to a dev'. You would think that at this point you could have reached out to some of the devs and told them to jump in this thread with some more information regarding pricing.

The 2nd thing is; yes obviously this might not be a small job but has anyone from Hikashop actually looked into it? I haven't seen anyone say "we looked into it and it seems like a very big job and so it's something that needs to be custom built by a 3rd party developer" or something like that.

Also, what other payment plugins are on offer that allow people to buy now and pay later? If there are some options, it might have been good to say them in this thread by now.

Anyway, like everyone else has said - this is clearly driving quite a few people to other platforms. Just think of how many people would have not bothered to even come here to voice their opinion and have already moved away and/or picked other platforms. I've had 4 clients that I've either had to move to other platforms or recommended a different solution to in just the last 12 months. There is no point for me to be worried about taking the time to case a dev when I can just suggest a different platform that already does it. Which is a shame because I do quite like HikaShop generally speaking.

5 years 5 months ago #300108

Hi,

Honestly, until now we hadn't had a look at the documentation for AfterPay.
I had a look at it today here ( docs.afterpay.com/au-online-api-v1.html ) and the documentation looks well done and not that complex. Around 500€ seems appropriate to me for the job I expect looking there.
I don't see why it would be a problem with a partner working on it rather than us. Many of our developer partners, like for example Obsidev or Tsukidev have develop many similar plugins for similar costs.
Seeing the interest building up here, if someone would be interested on us working on it rather than having someone else working on it, please use our contact form to request it and include a link to this thread. We'll ask the payment to be made in advance and that you provide the necessary credentials for that API of AfterPay (basically you create your merchant account there and activate what needs to be activated if anything to be able to use that API). We should then be able to deliver the plugin in a few weeks max after the developement starts (it depends how it goes).
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

5 years 5 months ago #300123

Okay if I pay today for it to be done then I own the plugin? Afterpay sets up the api in the backend as part of their service. We already have an Afterpay account for another business and website. In regards to developer/partners, we would have been more than happy had any of them said they would do the job.

Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by mieprint.

5 years 5 months ago #300159

Hi,

All the code we write is under the GPL (open source). So it can potentially be resold by yourself or us.
What I propose is that we'll maintain the plugin for free so that it continue to work with HikaShop in the future and release it for free.
Alternatively, we can also resell it on our marketplace for you : www.hikashop.com/marketplace.html
In that case, we would take a commission which will depend if you do the support and maintenance or us.
You can also resell it yourself on your end.
We only want that people be able to use it with HikaShop in the future, paid or not.

5 years 5 months ago #300189

Im fine with it being sold through your market place, however, the support will have to come from your end. It is not my core business. I want to recover the cost of having this developed. It seems only fair that if I am wearing the cost for this, than those who need it can help pay for it.

5 years 5 months ago #300191

Hi,

That sounds good to me too.
Please use our contact form to discuss together the details further:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

5 years 5 months ago #300199

I have already submitted the request

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 4 months ago #301144

Hi

Any updates on this?

If mieprint didn't go ahead let me know and I will pay the 500

Cheers

5 years 4 months ago #301146

Its been paid for. We are waiting on afterpay to set up a test account

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 4 months ago #301147

Okay Great! Good Job! :)

• Thank you received: 8
5 years 2 months ago #302947

We have a client who has asked about this today, reading this thread, i was curious if this will be released soon?
Please let me know and i can pass this information onto the client.

My client pointed me at Shopify and asked for a quote to convert...
www.shopify.com.au/payment-gateways/australia

She has a load of custom script this would be a nightmare...

Hopefully you guys have this in order and we can use whats being developed.

Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by twhcreations.

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 2 months ago #302956

Hello,

Regarding the afterPay payment plugin development, we actually improve the code and structure of the plugin but we're still waiting for a test account to properly test and finalize it.

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds