Payment plugin - Afterpay

• Thank you received: 9
4 years 4 months ago #313592

Totally agree. With Woocommerce I probably used approx 30 or more plugins just to get it up to speed with Hikashop Core. Woocommerce is a very bare backbone but then I gues it also gives you the ability to fully customise every aspect of the ecommerce platform. For one of my own websites I currently run about 60 - 70 plugins which is getting up there. I had to go to a VPS via A2 hosting which costs me 10 times what I used to pay for hosting Joomla just to get it to run smoothly. Ironically 5 plugins are used for speed and security which one big downside for speed with Wordpress is the amount of plugins/resources used.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodfarrell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
4 years 3 months ago #313595

Can I just ask you guys then why wouldnt you consider offering a customised Shopify solution (or similar) if there is so much work involved in getting woocommerce to have the functionality you need. I had recently been close to not bothering with a Joomla or Wordpress shopping cart system because of all the work involved in get these developed, if the site is mainly an online store systems like Shopify make more sense from a budget and maintenance point of view.

Though I do hope Hikashop can have a low cost (premade plugin) Afterpay solution sometime soon because it is the best Shopping cart system I have worked with for Joomla or Wordpress over the past several years.

• Thank you received: 21
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 3 months ago #313596

I do that too sometimes. Depends on the clients requirements. Shopify plugins are typically monthly subscriptions so that can get expensive especially if they need things like integration with stock systems. With Hikashop integrations with SAP, Netsuite etc can be done as one offs relatively inexpensively but with Shopify you can be paying hundreds of dollars per month (usually US dollars too).

Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by rodfarrell.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ajldesign

• Thank you received: 9
4 years 3 months ago #313597

I find that there are limitations with shopify. If you want full customisation then you need to work with a backbone like Joomla, Wordpress or Drupal. I had Neto contact me recently sprouting how good their system is. I asked them half a dozen customisation options which not one they could answer that they had or could impliment it. Some of these ecommerce systems are great if that's all you want out of it, a straight forward shop but if you want to tie it in with things like event planning, raffle ticket automation, member card options etc they all prove useless.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ajldesign

• Thank you received: 1
4 years 3 months ago #313598

Thanks for the replies, yeah I get where you are coming from, Shopify can be expensive to add on functionality etc and is totally useless if you need the website to be alot more than a shop, if its just a shop you want and your requirements are simple its a good solution.
All of this leads me back to wishing HikaShop had a supported afterpay plugin.

I would love to hear from a Hikashop rep as to the status of the Afterpay plugin, could someone from HikaShop please reply here, thanks.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ozwest

• Thank you received: 2
4 years 3 months ago #313599

Yes, me too.

• Thank you received: 1778
4 years 3 months ago #313624

Hello ozwest,

Do we have an outcome in this? I have a client waiting for Afterpay urgently.

We sent it to 2 customers but we didn't get any reply from them, would you be interested in testing it ? Thank you.

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ozwest

• Thank you received: 2
4 years 3 months ago #313630

I talked to my client and we definitely would be, Mohamed. Thank you.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji

4 years 3 months ago #313633

Hello ozwest,

Great! Can you send us a message using our contact form (with a link to that thread in your message) so that we can send it to you via emails ? Thank you.
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 1 month ago #329030

Hi Mohammad,

Has the plugin been developed now? Or Is testing of Afterpay plugin is still available?

Regards

3 years 1 month ago #329058

Hello,

Of course, you can directly contact us using our contact of if you want to test it :

Kind regards,
Mohamed

• Thank you received: 14
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 1 month ago #339514

Hi,
I've sent through a request to test. I also notice from the Square ecommerce site that they offer Afterpay. So you may need to update that plugin. We'd be happy to purchase that updated plugin as we have the in store version of Afterpay already.

Thanks,
Ian and Stu

• Thank you received: 13037
2 years 1 month ago #339743

Hi,

It took us a while to be able to get a test account with Afterpay.
The Afterpay plugin is developed and we've actually finished the tests on our end today.
We're currently in talks with AfterPay to finish the validation process so that we can officially release a first version on our marketplace.
So you'll have to wait a bit more. Hopefully, it should be fast now.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 1 month ago #349144

Hi Nicolas
I was the person who paid you to develop this plug quiet a long time ago. Can you tell me please what is happening

1 year 1 month ago #349147

Hi,

The plugin has been developed and is working.
If you need the latest version, please go through our contact form:

• Hikashop Business
1 year 1 month ago #349163

Hi Nicolas
Im not messaging about downloading the plugin. Im emailing about the fact that I paid hikashop 500 euro to develop the plugin under the understanding in writing that you were going to resell it. think you need to go back to the beginning of this thread and read how it went down. Is it being sold yet

1 year 1 month ago #349213

Hi,

Sorry for that. This was indeed lost to me.
We are actually currently looking into certifying the plugin:
developers.afterpay.com/afterpay-online/docs/certification
This will be the condition for us to be able to sell the plugin on our marketplace.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 2 weeks ago #349945

Hi Nicolas

Ive sent an message and dont have a reply yet. I have spoken to afterpay and they are going to allow me to test the plugin. Can it be sent to me so i can install it please

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds