• Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Business
5 years 8 months ago #297112

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.11
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.9
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Various - all updated
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No payment methods found

Jerome,

We now have the "No payment methods found" displaying on the checkout page and when we click finish, it does not go to the Authorize website as it did previously. The Authorize plug is setup properly as it has not been changed and it was working before.

So after researching various forum posts, I came across this forcing of a shipping and payment method.

Huh..What if you have 'No Shipping'? This client sells online content access and there is no actual shipping done. If you are going to require that both a shipping and payment method is required on the checkout, you need to add a shipping method for 'No Shipping' to accommodate online content providers.

So any suggestion on what to do so my clients customers can check out and pay for their access?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 7 months ago #297122

Hi,

Your topic subject was "Do not select default shipping and payment method".
And I'm afraid that I don't understand what you're talking about.. Since your message have no relation with the subject (which was the reason why I told you to create a new thread because you were not talking about the current subject. So please do as asked.)
Also, please understand that without the proper details regarding what version of the checkout you're using ; it's not possible to give you any useful advice or else.

So if you have a "no payment methods found" it means that you do not have any available payment method. There is nowhere else to look ; that message explain you what is the problem.
You should forge about the selection of the payment and shipping method since your issue is far before all of that as you do not have any available payment method in your website (otherwise you wouldn't have that message).

Regards;

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 6
5 years 7 months ago #297158

Jerome,

Order page warning:

There is only one payment record active which is Authorize.

This was working just fine earlier. The reason I posted in the other thread was it indicated that a payment method AND a shipping method must be set. As this is a site with NO shipping method since it is all online content and there is no "No Shipping" method, I thought that might be the issue.

If there is no shipping method at all, would that create this problem show "No payment method found"? It doesn't seem logical but I'm at a loss as to what is happening.

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 7 months ago #297169

Hello,

As this is a site with NO shipping method since it is all online content and there is no "No Shipping" method, I thought that might be the issue.

In that case, you should make sure that :
- your products don't have any dimensions/weight set through your products configuration page
- the "Force shipping regardless of weight" option is set to NO via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Checkout"

Also, regarding the "No payment methods found" error message, the best solution will be to directly follow each point of the "Payment methods" section of our FAQ :
www.hikashop.com/support/faq#paym

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

5 years 7 months ago #297202

Mohammed,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

In that case, you should make sure that :
- your products don't have any dimensions/weight set through your products configuration page
- the "Force shipping regardless of weight" option is set to NO via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Checkout"

Force shipping regardless of weight" option is set to NO (setting since we began the site)

All products 'RESTRICTIONS AND DIMENSIONS' set as follows:

Also, regarding the "No payment methods found" error message, the best solution will be to directly follow each point of the "Payment methods" section of our FAQ :
www.hikashop.com/support/faq#paym

1) Check that the payments plugins are installed and published

Authorize plug-in installed and published. I opened and resaved as suggested.

2) Check that you have configured your payment plugins (edit it and save its configuration)

Authorize payment method configuration was previously setup and working properly. I opened and saved again without making any changes as everything looked fine.

3) Check that your template is able to display error messages: www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentation/61.html

There is no <jdoc:include type="message" /> in the template but there is <div class="alert">{$message}</div>

This is a Gantry Framework Hydrogen template. And as I mentioned previously, this was working under this same template prior to the last HikaShop update. As I indicated previously, this was working just fine prior to the last HikaShop update. If this message code had been an issue, we would have been getting the warning prior to the last update.

4) Check that you have the payment view in the checkout workflow option of the configuration

Cart > Login > Coupon > Payment > Address

5) If you restricted your payment methods to zones, check that the address you're using is inside those zones ! Otherwise the payment methods will be filtered out.

Restrictions is unchecked

6) If you restricted your payment methods to shipping methods, check that the shipping method you're using is in the list of authorized shipping methods for your payment methods ! Otherwise the payment methods will be filtered out.

No restrictions set

7) Check that the currency you're using is supported by the payment plugins you're using. Some payment plugins only supports a limited number of currencies. You should check that with the support of the payment gateways you're using.

Only one currency (U.S.) used everywhere and again, this was working just fine prior to the last update.

8) Please make sure that you didn't change the currency code of your currency. Otherwise, the payment plugins won't recognize your currency. If you want to change the display of your currency, we invite you to use the "format" option on the right of the currency options screen as well as the symbol field.

Have made no changes to the currency code which is US.

9) When you select a currency or a shipping method in the options of the payment method, the payment method won't display unless that currency or shipping method is selected during the checkout. In most cases, these parameters shouldn't be selected so make sure they are unselected. To unselect them, you need to press the ctrl key and click on the selected currencies or shipping methods.

Restrictions unchecked in payment method (no restrictions)

10) It can happen that the plugin's access is not set properly in the database. Please go in the Joomla plugins manager and edit the plugin and save it. That will sett the access if not present and might help solve your problem.

I edited the plugin to set to access to 'Children' group. Saved and closed. Edited the plugin to set access to 'Public' group (its original setting). Saved and closed. No luck. I get the same "No payment methods found" message.

Again, this was working prior to the last update. Right now, my clients customers cannot check out and she is losing business. :(

5 years 7 months ago #297209

Hello,

Can you send us a temporary back-end access to your website through our contact form so that we can check why your payment method isn't displayed ? Thank you (Please don't forget to specify a link to that thread in your message).
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji

5 years 7 months ago #297226

Mohammed,

Sent! :)

5 years 7 months ago #297245

Hello,

Your issue was coming from the fact that your product is a "subscription" which can only be used with "Recurring" type payment method.
A solution can be to use the "Hikashop Paypal Recurring Payment Plugin".

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

5 years 7 months ago #297270

Mohammed,

Are you saying that we can't use Authorize for subscription payments and must use PayPal? My client has been setup on Authorize for years and does NOT want to use PayPal.

We are not wanting to setup a recurring payment, just a payment for their purchased subscription. If the individual wants to purchase another subscription when the first one expires, they will just order the product again which carries a 60 day period.

Is there a way that I can set it so that the payment is a single request and NOT a recurring request?

FYI, Authorize does allow recurring payments.

Automated Recurring Billing (ARB) is a convenient and easy-to-use tool for creating and managing recurring, or subscription-based, transactions. You can take advantage of ARB’s flexible features to enhance customer service and build loyalty, while reducing authorization declines and overall administrative costs. Simply create a subscription that includes your customer’s payment information, a billing amount, and schedule. ARB does the rest, generating subsequent transactions based on the schedule you provide.
Implement With Ease – ARB provides multiple methods for creating subscriptions, including the ability to integrate your Web site directly to the service using our ARB application programming interface (API).
Improve Billing Efficiency – Once a subscription begins, no additional labor is involved through the life of the subscription. ARB also includes the ability to customize trial periods and pricing.
Improve Security - Eliminates the need to store sensitive data on your computer systems, reducing the risk of compromised customer information.
Enhance Loyalty - ARB enables merchants to provide customers with an on-time, no-hassle billing plan using either a credit card or our exclusive electronic check service, eCheck.Net®.
Reduce Costs - ARB eliminates many of the costs associated with manual billing, with no additional per-transaction fee. In addition, ARB helps you effectively manage your subscriptions with email notifications of upcoming credit card and/or subscription expirations.

Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by LukeDouglas.

5 years 7 months ago #297273

Hello,

Authorize plugin is not compatible with recurring ; there is no such capability in the plugin.
It would require a custom development to integrate such feature ; if the payment gateway allow it (which is something I'm not sure about).

If you don't want to force the recurring ; please edit your HikaSubscription settings to not force the usage of it.
CF : www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...uration.html#sub_adv

But if you do want to have recurring payment, for the moment there is only "Paypal recurring".

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

5 years 7 months ago #297319

Mohamed,

As you can see, those options had already been set so no recurring payment would be requested..

Subscription advanced settings
Make recurring optional
By default HikaSerial Subscription will ask for recurring plugins when the cart contains a recurring subscription product ("create and renew" / "renew" / "renew or create").
With that option, you can authorize classical payment plugin to be listed in the checkout. The customer could pay with them but he will have to renew manually afterwards.

There are NO subscription records in HikaSerial as this hasn't been started yet. I'm assuming that when someone purchases a subscription product, it will be displayed in this area.

I searched and found the only 'enabled' recurring plugin, Hikashop Paypal Recurring Payment Plugin, which I have disabled. However, when I tested the order, I still got the "No payment method found" message.

This is a serious issue as my client cannot proceed with further marketing until this is resolved.

Any other suggestions?

5 years 7 months ago #297320

Hello,

So it means that you are not up to date.
CF : www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...erial-changelog.html

HikaSerial 2.2.0
* Improvements
* The recurring can be optional so Hikashop can propose non recurring payment plugins.

Please note that if you have questions for HikaSubscription ; there is a dedicated section of the forum for them.
The HikaShop support team is not able to answer to questions on third party components.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds