Stripe - Requirement for Strong Customer Authentication

• Thank you received: 4004
4 years 6 months ago #310685

Hello,

@sophie11
The form you're talking about is the Stripe Element form ; the plugin can't change that because it is the official and only form.
CF: stripe.com/docs/stripe-js

The plugin is for Stripe v3 and the Connect API ; it was not designed for Stripe Checkout and I don't think that I would add it into.
I would need to take another look at that API but I admit that I have some doubts since we saw the issues with Paypal Checkout.
I don't know how Stripe Checkout handle the shipping methods, or the taxes, or the fact that the billing/shipping address can affect the HikaShop prices. A lot of things which can become really complicated when you're using an e-commerce solution like HikaShop.

@Liptonmici
You're talking about the popup in your second screenshot ?
It's not related to the plugin, it's the Stripe SCA popup and because you're in test mode, you have more content.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
4 years 6 months ago #310691

@Jerome : not this one, i saw it was a test ;)
I was talking about the first one, when asking the card numbers.

4 years 6 months ago #310698

Hello,

The payment form is also the official one. It is generated by the Stripe JS api and you can see to customize it with some css (cf the stripe elements docuementation) but you (or the plugin) can't change the behavior.

Regards

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Thank you received: 8
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 6 months ago #310719

Hi

I tried to display the form with the Date and CVC inputs underneath the Card Number but is is not possible to do it with "some css" !
It is necessary to use javascript and css to do that so I can't do it, I don't have the required knowledge.

The form as it is displayed by your plugin isn't suitable for me: customers aren't used to see the payment form in a line. It needs to be on 2 lines with the Expiring Date and CVC underneath the card number.
I do understand that it is the official form from Stripe but wouldn't you consider making it better ..... as it is your plugin
Thank you

4 years 6 months ago #310723

That's clear. We have to find a better way to customize the design.
What's on your todo list to deliver the final version of the plugin?
Many thanks

• Thank you received: 6
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 6 months ago #310725

With Stripe.js it is possible to adapt the form to use individual fields instead of the card element regrouping all in one line. it’s a combination of JS and CSS to adapt. I don’t think that you can do it without deep diving in the plugin code. What I appreciate is that the plugin is open source (once paid), so we can adapt it to our purpose and look and feel. I don’t think that it is realistic to expect a universal plugin that will fit with everybody’s style requirements. I’d rather prefer that other under the hood features that are already announced like the checkout integration get done first.

4 years 6 months ago #310726

Hello,

The plugin is using the default Stripe form because I found it nice. And it's even better during the checkout payment selection.

So yes, the plugin comes with one single payment form in the end page.
But that form is within the stripeconnect_end_intent view ; view that you can override like every other HikaShop views.
It allows you to change parts of the CSS/JS and HTML, as long as you keep same values for the fields.
For more forms : stripe.dev/elements-examples/

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Thank you received: 8
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 6 months ago #310738

Hi Jerome

Yes the payment form looks nice and neat but I fear that the customer might find it desorientating as it is very unusual to have such a form inline.

I managed with css to integrate the form on my site but I am dubious about the input diaplaying inline. On a desktop it displays all the inputs but on a Mobile it only displays the card number and the date : the CVC only appears after entering the car numbers. I think it is confusing for the customer ( see photo)

I am not a developper and cannot change the display of the input of that form with css. I had a look at the stripe examples and in order to customize the form you have to use javascript.
What part of the code do I have to use and where do I put it in your plugin ... as you can see it is not that easy for me to change the display of the inputs

Apparently the application of the SCA has been postponed and nothing will change until March 2020 ... so there is still time to make this form look right !!
Thank you for your time

Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by sophie11.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bouncer

• Thank you received: 20
  • Hikashop Essential
4 years 6 months ago #310758

Hi

just a further query. The older plugin uses the Stripe Checkout for accepting payments as I understand it. So SCA is carried out on the Stripe site. If using the Stripe checkout am I correct to assume that V3 is not required?

Dave B)

• Hikashop Business
4 years 6 months ago #310759

Hello,

I cannot find anything confirming that application of SCA is postponed in France. It is even confirmed (see link below in French) very recently that the law will be valid from 14th September 2019 and be fully enforced by the end of 2020.

www.capital.fr/votre-argent/france-la-se...ee-dici-2021-1349802

So those waiting with the SCA upgrade risk having some customers having their credit card refused, if they have a bank that is ready for SCA and enforcing it for increased security.

In my opinion the customer impact of a “card refused” message is much heavier than a changed visual aspect of the payment form.

Regards,
Alexander

Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by institutcalysta.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 6 months ago #310760

@davec: You are talking about the old free Stripe V2 plugin? I am currently adapting it to support SCA for our site (don’t need the Hikamarket and Stripe connect functions). If I look at the code, It seems using the legacy Stripe API V2 (which is obsolete since some time and does not support SCA) on a token basis with the payment form hosted on your server. I did not find any indication that it supports Stripe Checkout.

Try yourself if the SCA enforced test credit card numbers are accepted. In my case all numbers requiring an SCA popup got refused.

Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by institutcalysta.

• Thank you received: 7
4 years 6 months ago #310761

Here is the official Stripe page detailing the SCA compliance landscape. I'd work to this to be sure....

support.stripe.com/questions/strong-cust...sca-enforcement-date

• Hikashop Essential
4 years 6 months ago #310765

Sorry meant to say V2 payment plugin. The payment form I would expect to be hosted on Stripe or am I misunderstanding this.

Dave

• Hikashop Essential
4 years 6 months ago #310767

Hi bonzomedia

I have read the info. I contacted Stripe and the final part they said;

Me: My point is that cards details etc are not taken on the website. When a client clicks pay they are directed to Stripe and payment details are entered there. My understanding is that SCA is handled by Stripe not the website.

Stripe: Ah! Okay, in that case, everything should be handled by us, then. Our Stripe-hosted checkout is fully SCA-ready.

So you can see why I have raised the question.

Dave B)

• Thank you received: 7
4 years 6 months ago #310770

Dave, The V2 Stripe plug-in does not use Stripe Checkout. It uses the non-SCA compliant, older Stripe Connect API. Part of the SCA compliance is a requirement to support 3D-Secure, an additional verification challenge which the older API does not support. Therefore, it is my understanding that we are completely dependent on a full, supported release (being called V3 here), plug-in.

4 years 6 months ago #310776

Hello,

You will find the information several times in that thread.
So here a summary :

Stripe V2
Is the old and legacy plugin which uses an API which is no more supported by Stripe.
It is not compatible with the SCA and it cannot support it since Stripe do not update that API anymore.
CF : stripe.com/docs/stripe-js/v2

Stripe V3
That plugin is the NEW plugin which use the latest API and the "beta" version (which will considered as stable thanks to the latest feedbacks) is using the "Payment Intent" API (only API compatible with SCA).
That plugin ALSO include the "Connect API" for the HikaMarket compatibility ; but you do not need HikaMarket to use Stripe V3.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

The following user(s) said Thank You: davec

4 years 6 months ago #310777

Jerome : are you releasing a stable version next days or
Is the beta usable as it is ?

Thanks

4 years 6 months ago #310779

Hello,

The "beta" plugin is working fine, except the error 500 when you have the legacy plugin installed, there is no bug reported.
So it can be considered as stable and I will replace the packages with the new version.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Hikashop Essential
4 years 6 months ago #310786

Hi Jerome

thanks for the clarification.

Might it be worth removing the V2 plugin from the downloads if it is no longer supported by Stripe?

Thanks

Dave B)

4 years 6 months ago #310821

Last question regarding Stripe : do we have to validate something?

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds