Product with multiple characteristics error

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 4 months ago #337956

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.3

Hi!

Some of my products have multiple and many characteristics and images, that has as a result the product page not loading at all.

Thank you

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
2 years 4 months ago #337958

Hi,

Yes, if you have too many variants / images, this can result in the processing of the page hitting the memory_limit or the max_execution_time settings of your php.ini.

There are basically three solutions:
- you increase these settings in your php.ini. You might need to ask your hosting for that. Also, the page might still be too big so it's not ideal.
- you use an option ( www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ct-form.html#options ) or a custom item field ( www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/4...shop-field-form.html ) instead of a characteristic. That will dramatically reduce the amount of variants and thus the amount of resources needed. A custom item field won't allow you to have different stock or different prices based on what is selected in it, but I can see that you have the same price / quantity for all the variants, so no point in using a characteristic in that case.
- instead of having one product with 800 variants, you could have one category with 800 products. Splitting the product into different products is a great way to avoid performance issues.

The following user(s) said Thank You: verzevoul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds