How do you stop the buyer from getting the points alos?

• Thank you received: 3
3 years 2 months ago #328995

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.outbackterritory.com.au/start-shopping

Hi, I'm having what should be a simple issue. I have fully setup Hikaserial to work as gift vouchers using user points, everything is good but when the person buying the voucher pays for it they get points to the value of the voucher. In my case $1 = 1 point. How do you stop the buyer from getting the points also?

HikaShop: v.2.5.0
Joomla: v.3.4.3
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by danpoole.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 2 months ago #329005

Hi,

From what I understand, you're saying that for the "voucher" product sales, you don't want the customer to gain points like for the other products of the shop.
Is that correct ?
In that case, you want to edit your user points plugin in the System>Plugins menu of HikaShop and use the "Product categories" setting to restrict the points gain to only the categories you want.

• Thank you received: 3
3 years 2 months ago #329193

I see the error of my ways, I don't need to use the "HikaShop User Points plugin" for my purposes as I realise that gives points for someone who purchases an item from the store. I am only using points as a voucher system where i only want the person recieving the voucher code to pick up the points and not the person buying the voucher. Anyway, I turned off the "HikaShop User Points plugin" and everything seems to be working fine, the purchased is no longer getting points.

HikaShop: v.2.5.0
Joomla: v.3.4.3

• Thank you received: 4004
3 years 2 months ago #329263

Hello,

Thus I think you want to use HikaSerial in order to generate your "gift cards" with the "point generator" for the serial generator ; and the "point consumer" to allow users to consume a serial and earn the points attached to them.

www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/2...ugins-pointsgen.html
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/2...-pointsconsumer.html

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds