Shipping and billing addresses

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 10 months ago #19724

Well, please feel free to fiddle around with it, i have backups of most custom views, if the live site is not working for a few minutes that's not such a big problem, it is more important that the issue gets solved asap as more campaigns are coming up.

Might you need a FTP login as well please let me know and i will send it.

Also note that i have upgraded from the 1.4.9 version, should not be a problem but who knows :)

Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by woes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 10 months ago #19746

Ok. Thank you for the access. We'll look at that tomorrow as it's getting late :)

12 years 10 months ago #19800

It seems that you have a fatal error on that popup. Could you turn on the display_errors option of your php.ini ? That way, we could see the error message instead of an empty popup. That would allow us to understand the problem.

12 years 10 months ago #19804

I have just added the following to my htaccess file, that should do it.
php_flag display_errors on

12 years 10 months ago #19824

I was able to reproduce the problem. It happens only when the SEF is activated.
You need to change the line:
if(obj.href.indexOf('?')){ nextChar='&'; }

to:
if(obj.href.indexOf('?')!='-1'){ nextChar='&'; }

in the file components/com_hikashop/views/checkout/view.html.php to fix the problem.

12 years 10 months ago #19828

Did that, placed all original files (views) back.
Indeed, no empty popup anymore.. however: unticking the box, editing address, now clicking OK and the checkbox is checked again and the billing address is modified..

Replaced my modified files back (which really just removes the checkbox) now editing the shipping address also edits both addresses like with the originals (like before).
Creating a new address still works, also gets selected as shipping address, however it also still gets selected as billing address.

So we're not really advancing here unfortunately..

If i could just get the (first) billing address to stay selected after creating a new shipping address that would be enough really..

Any clues?

Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by woes.

12 years 10 months ago #19836

Mmm that's strange.

When trying on our end with the SEF and the same settings it works... We'll have to investigate further tomorrow. Would it be possible for you to provide an FTP access ? That would help for the debugging process.

12 years 10 months ago #19850

Of course, will mail it to you right away :)

12 years 10 months ago #19866

Hi,

Could you tell me which version of hikashop has the changes related to shipping and billing address issue discussed in this thread?

And is there a page/thread where I could see a list of changes per release?

Cheers.

Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by lrazov.

12 years 10 months ago #19868

@woes: we got your email. We'll try to look at that this afternoon or tomorrow if we don't have the time.

@Irazov: It's in the latest version : 1.5.2
The change log of HikaShop is available on that page: www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ashop-changelog.html

12 years 10 months ago #19871

Thank you for the quick reply.

You guys work so hard and fast that I can't keep up with your releases :-)

Could you tell me how I can upgrade hikashop without losing customization? I have been doing modifications directly in code.

Cheers

12 years 10 months ago #19872

If you did your modifications via the interface of HikaShop, you can just install the new version on top of your current version. If however, you modified core files of HikaShop, You need to backup your modifications, update and then reapply your modifications to the new files after the update.

12 years 10 months ago #19875

Why when I run check for updates in hikashop backend, it doesn't pick up the latest version 1.5.2? It says that I have the latest version even though I have 1.5.1.

12 years 10 months ago #19876

It's written on the first line of the change log page : The update is locked for a few days so that we can make sure that everything is ok

If you want to download the 1.5.2 package, you need to download it from our website.

12 years 10 months ago #19877

Is it better to wait yet before installing the latest version?

Thank you for your responses :-)

12 years 10 months ago #19878

Sorry, when I download the latest version, the starter pack is being downloaded. Where can I download the essential pack from?

12 years 10 months ago #19879

It depends. If you're planning on going live with your website tomorrow or that you're already live, you should wait as it may have some glitches that we didn't found during our tests. That's why it's locked for now. We'll unlock it at the beginning of next week, once enough people will have tested it.

You can download it the same way you first downloaded the essential installation package: with the link on your order details page.

12 years 10 months ago #19880

@woes : I just tried on your website the address selection. For that, I renamed the folder templates/fotoboeket/html/com_hikashop to templates/fotoboeket/html/com_hikashop_. That way, all the views customizations are removed.
Then, I went on to place an order on your checkout.
Here is what I did on the address selection view:
uncheck the same address checkbox
edit the shipping address
change the country and save
Then, the page redirected and I could see both address with the checkbox unchecked. The first address without the country changed was on the billing side while the shipping side had the new address selected.

I restored the folder name but it seems to be working properly... Do you confirm ? Otherwise, could you give a precise step by step as I did so that I can reproduce it ?

12 years 10 months ago #19889

Wow.. thanks Nicolas! it works.. a big questionmark is floating above my head right now, i had allready restored all original views and still had problems.. anyhow it works so i'm not complaining :D thank you so much!

I'll try later on to compare the files to see where the bug might be.

12 years 9 months ago #20086

I found the bug, problem was that i deleted the checkbox from the view checkout - address!

Deleted the following 2 blocks of code:

if($this->shipping_address==$this->billing_address){
			 	$checked = 'checked="checked" ';
				$style = ' style="display:none"';
			 }
<input class="hikashop_checkout_shipping_same_address inputbox" <?php echo $checked; ?>type="checkbox" id="same_address" name="same_address" value="yes" alt="Same address" onclick="return hikashopSameAddress(this.checked);" />
			<label for="same_address"><?php echo JText::_('SAME_AS_BILLING');?></label>

Any idea how i can still remove the checkbox, since our target audience will almost always send the products to a different address than the billing address.

Edit: Fixed it, i changed the view: checkout / address, and hidden the checkbox via CSS as suggested, also i deleted the label.
However don't edit the view: checkout / adress_view as it will cause the above bug :)

Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by woes.

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds