Pre sale question about features

• Thank you received: 0
2 years 10 months ago #332926

Hello! I have to create an ecommerce with various personalized features and i would like to know if they are possibile with hikashop.

• 5 groups of users with different user fields for each group: on checkout or on registration page there should be a dropdown that ask the user what kind of customer he is: then shows or hide fields based on the choice
  • Those 5 groups have different VAT for eache product
  • Some of those groups have base discounts on specific products/categories (product always discounted, no need to use coupons or similar)
  • Need to set payment options based on the groups: some payment options are not available to some of the groups
  • Some of the products are digital (no shipping) some are phisical (shipment in whole europe) so if some of these products are in the cart the shipment is mandatory
  • Some products are not for sale. So i need to have them in the catalog but not be able to add to the cart, but have a form to ask informations about
  • Some products are video hosted on VIMEO. Is possible to have a feature like: user buy the video and then is able to see it somewhere embedded in the website? No download. Videos are hundreds so create a ACL usergroup for each video and assign the user is really unpractical

That's all! Let me know if this is possible with hikashop :)
Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
2 years 10 months ago #332928

Hi,

You'll be able to do all that with HikaShop yes.
You'll need HikaShop Business.
For the fields during the registration, we have custom fields of the table "user" you can use to do that:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/4...shop-field-form.html
And you can use the "user group on registration" setting in the HikaShop configuration to set the user group of the customer based on the value selected in a custom user field.
That way, you can then have different discounts, taxes, payment methods, shipping methods, etc based on the user group of the customer using the "access level" settings you'll find here and there in the backend.
And to distinguish the digital products from the physical ones, you can configure the weight of the products.
For the videos, you'll want to setup Joomla articles with content plugins like this one:
extensions.joomla.org/extension/easy-vimeo-videos/
And you can have around the vimeo display elements hkshow tags ( www.hikashop.com/forum/install-update/90...-working.html#330454 ) to display them only when a particular product has been bought by the current user.

2 years 10 months ago #332958

Perfect! Thank you!

Last question that i forgot to ask: people can buy online tickets for events, theese tickets need to be nominal. Is there a way to add a repeteable custom fields for eache prodcut? So user can add the name and surname of othe attendees?

Something like:

- buy 1 ticket but add 2 names so i have 3 names (buyer + 2) and the price is 3x
- buy 3 tickets but i have to add the name of the attendee for each ticket

is one of the options available?

• Thank you received: 13062
2 years 10 months ago #332960

Hi,

You create custom fields of the table "item" to ask the customer to fill things on the product page before adding the product to the cart. The data filled in will be passed to the cart, the order and the email notifications.
Note however that the fields can't duplicate based on the quantity entered. However, what you can do is to remove the quantity input field for that product thanks to the "quantity input" setting of the product edit form. That way, the customer will have to add the product to his cart one by one, each time changing the information entered.

Note also that we propose HikaSerial standard:
www.hikashop.com/component/hikashop/product/17-hikaserial.html
It can be really useful when you're selling tickets as it can generate an image with the information of the order / custom fields as well as a QR code that can then be scanned to validate the ticket and "consume" it so that you can't have several people using the same QR code to access the event.
So even without gathering the name of the attendees, you could just let HikaSerial generate a ticket for each product of the order. That way, if the customer purchases 3 tickets, he would get three different and unique QR code that you could validate at the entrance of the event. You would just need a computer with internet and a barcode scanner.
Here is a documentation page about all this:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/2...ticket-tutorial.html
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation.h...ns-attachserial-form

2 years 10 months ago #332965

Great! Thank you!

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds