How show the product list with smart search Joomla/smart search hikashop?

• Thank you received: 0
4 years 7 months ago #310296

-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Business: 4.2.1

Hello.
Sorry if my question is strange.
I would like show the product list when user type some key word on smart search Joomla! Now I have the result like the
following image

But I would like have this result:

I know this situation concerns Joomla, But I ask you for some suggestions because you've always helped me. is it possible show the product list through smart search Joomla?
I searched the forums and on google, but I couldn't understand.
Thanks for your patience.
Kinds Regards
Emanuele Coluccini

Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Coluccini.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
4 years 7 months ago #310310

Hi,

Well, Joomla's smart search is supposed to search among any kind of elements: Joomla articles, HikaShop products, K2 content, etc.
So the results page displayed by it only contains the most basic things.
So you can customize the results page with a view override and PHP coding:
docs.joomla.org/Customising_the_Smart_Search_results_page
Actually, reading this, you can even customize the results per type so we'll look into the possibility of customizing the products search results in the future that way. But for now, custom PHP code in a view override is the only way to go.

4 years 7 months ago #310318

Ok.
if I didn't want to use the smart search of joomla, how can I do to allow users to search for products from the home page?
Is there a solution?
Thanks

4 years 6 months ago #310319

Hi,

Then you can create a filter of the type "text" via the menu Display>Filters. And then you want to configure the HikaShop filter module via the Joomla modules manager to display that filter on your home page.
The result of the filters will display as a products listing so that would look like the listings of products you already have on your shop.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...-filter-listing.html

4 years 6 months ago #310337

Thanks.
I did as you told me. But inside the module filter in the filed menu I can fill only one id menu?
I tried fill differente id menu with different separator but it looks like it can show me only one Id-menu.

Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Coluccini.

4 years 6 months ago #310345

Hi,

Yes. You need to enter here the id of a menu item configured to display all your products like the default "products listing" menu item setup by HikaShop your Joomla menu manager when you install it.
That way, the filters of the module will filter the products in that listing and you'll see the filtered products based on what you entered in the filters of the module.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Coluccini

4 years 6 months ago #310378

But it doesn't work like what I want. In my menu I have 3 main categorie (woman, man, children). I cannot put these threee main categorie under a main menu(shop).
Hikashop is really powerfull, but I don't understand why It doesn't have a personal search module. It would be great.

Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Coluccini.

4 years 6 months ago #310426

Hi,

You don't have to put these under a main menu item.
You can just create a menu item listing all your products in another menu than your main menu. That's actually what HikaShop does when you install it. It automatically creates a menu called "HikaShop default menus" and in it create several menu items, including one called "products listings" which lists all the products of your shop. And normally, the HikaShop filter module is even preconfigured to use that menu item by default.

4 years 6 months ago #310482

Thanks for your answer. Now I understand. But I have a question. How can I use the filter search for categories?
I mean, I have 3 main menu (woman-man-children), and subcategories. I would also like to search the products through the subcategories, for example in the front-end if I typed on module search the word "woman", it should show me all the products, or if I typed "woman shoes" it should show me all products. I saw that in the filters on type text I can only choose the fields of table hikashop_product. I hope I was clear
Thanks

4 years 6 months ago #310493

Hi,

The search will only be done on the elements that you select in the filter.
So if for example you select only the product_name column, then the text you enter in it will be compared only with what you have in the product name of your products.
There is no way to search through the category data.
What in would recommend in that case is to have a custom field of the table "product" where you would write keywords for each product separated by a space and then select that custom field in your filter on top of the product name.
In fact, you could even use mass actions (menu System>Mass actions) to automatically fill in that custom field based on the category selected in the product:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/167-massaction-form.html
That way it wouldn't make it more complex to manage your products.

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds