United States Postal Service (USPS) Module

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 7 months ago #22528

Sent the email, never got a reply back. However they moved me to the production server and the plugin is working well!

Thank you Jeff!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 3
12 years 7 months ago #22603

LordSatori wrote:

Sent the email, never got a reply back. However they moved me to the production server and the plugin is working well!

Thank you Jeff!!!

Huh, that's odd. They usually send back a generic response. I've been waiting for a couple of days on a user ID for a client of mine to be moved. Perhaps I should just test it.

Thank you (and everyone) for the support!

Looking forward to working more on this and perhaps other HikaShop related add-ons.

Like my work? Click here to donate.

Your support is appreciated and helps keep me motivated to continue writing code.

12 years 7 months ago #23592

Does this version take dimensions into account? Seems like only the weight adjusts the price at all. And i was double checking the rates to the website and they are off by quite a bit. Is this due to dimensions? i was test a "large package"

12 years 7 months ago #23594

crashball wrote:

Does this version take dimensions into account? Seems like only the weight adjusts the price at all. And i was double checking the rates to the website and they are off by quite a bit. Is this due to dimensions? i was test a "large package"

Packages with a length+girth of <= 84" are considered "regular" packages. As long as the package falls under those dimensions, this version of the module should calculate correctly. The next version will include the ability to automatically switch the package size to "large" if the item dimensions exceed the 84" length+width measurement.

Your support is appreciated and helps keep me motivated to continue writing code.

12 years 7 months ago #23652

Can you explain the difference in the quotes then? i made the dimensions vary between 6x6x6 to 30x30x30 and many other odd sizes, and changing the dimension of the product alone do not change the cost of the shipping prices. Only changing the weight seems to have an effect.

[edit:] i misread you r response initially. after re-reading your response, it is clear this version does not account for "large" packages.

Also i assume the calculations are based on the product dimensions? What if i have standard size boxes and use them for many products? Say i havea product that is roughly 8x8x4, but the packagin i put it in is 12x12x8? Obviuosly the size of the packaging is going to differ than the item being shipped. This probably isn't specific to your module, but do have have to just understand that they will be slight differences and use paacking as close to the original size as possible?

Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by crashball.

12 years 7 months ago #23653

crashball wrote:

Can you explain the difference in the quotes then? i made the dimensions vary between 6x6x6 to 30x30x30 and many other odd sizes, and changing the dimension of the product alone do not change the cost of the shipping prices. Only changing the weight seems to have an effect.

[edit:] i misread you r response initially. after re-reading your response, it is clear this version does not account for "large" packages.

Also i assume the calculations are based on the product dimensions? What if i have standard size boxes and use them for many products? Say i havea product that is roughly 8x8x4, but the packagin i put it in is 12x12x8? Obviuosly the size of the packaging is going to differ than the item being shipped. This probably isn't specific to your module, but do have have to just understand that they will be slight differences and use paacking as close to the original size as possible?

You are correct. The maximum dimensions for a "regular" package (<= 12" in any dimension) are smaller than what I originally thought. If the package is below those dimensions, the weight is the only deciding factor in the rate according to USPS. Larger packages do take the dimensions into account. That has been implemented in the upcoming version of the module. I hope to have the next version out sometime in the next few days.

• Thank you received: 13037
12 years 5 months ago #28560

12 years 5 months ago #28539

Hi All,

Where can I get this USPS module? UPS shipping is very high for small items.

12 years 4 months ago #29112

Thanks for the hard work, looking forward to seeing it in action

12 years 4 months ago #29134

Nice job! Works well! Thank you! :)

12 years 3 months ago #33184

Hi,

A friend of mine from USA has web site and she decided to use USPS as shipping method.
I installed this plugin and it works well when we add new user from USA.

However, when I setup new user as foreigner, say, from Australia, I got following error:

"USPS error: -2147218043 Unable to calculate international postage.
Failed to obtain shipping quotes."

Her account is moved with USPS to production server, we tested it on USA users and it works flawlessly.
In USPS shipping method configuration International service is checked.

Did I miss something in configuration?

Regards,
Dragan

Attachments:

12 years 3 months ago #33190

I found that this error can happen for two reasons on google for such error message:
1. The weight is too high or there is no weight in the products.
cms.kayako.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/3
2. The API used in the plugin is an old one which is not supported anymore.
support.sumeffect.com/helpdesk/supportsu...ticleid=360&nav=0,76

I don't know USPS myself as it's Jeff who made it so I don't know if these could be your problems or not. Maybe you could ask him directly:
www.hikashop.com/support/forum/2-general...art=20&lang=en#21838

12 years 3 months ago #33217

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for reply.
However, it seems that Jeff made a simple copy/paste error, in file usps.php:

$request .= '<Ounces>' . $package_weight_lb . '</Ounces>';

replace with
$request .= '<Ounces>' . $package_weight_oz . '</Ounces>';

... and it works!

Thanks again (and just made one of my clients from USA to buy Business version) ;)

12 years 3 months ago #33220

Nice catch !

I've changed that in the USPS plugin. Here is a new version of the USPS plugin anyone looking at installing the latest version.

File Attachment:

File Name: usps.zip
File Size:12 KB

Attachments:

12 years 3 months ago #33340

Hi, I am having an few issues with the USPS shipping module

1.) It's not updating the shipping charges when I change the number of items in my cart.

2.) It appears that shipping is added only for the first item in the cart but no additional shipping is added for any other items added to the cart.

3.) It's returning the same charge for Parcel Post and Priority Mail.... this seems most odd.

Something wierd is happening.

Basically it's failing big time at this point...

I do have a functioning production USPS account, but am sharing it with a virtuemart store for checkouts. Is it possible that is the problem? It seems unlikely to me as the USPS API is the same regardless of the software used... right? And it's all Joomla.

Anyways, some advice would be appreciated.

12 years 3 months ago #33404

Hi,

I'm afraid I can't comment as we don't have a USPS account and thus we cannot test the plugin on our end.

Looking at the code, I can see that there is some code to handle more than one product.

Did you set a weight and dimensions for all your products ? If not, maybe that would explain why it doesn't work properly.

12 years 3 months ago #33568

Is this module compatible with Joomla 1.6? Also, I went to download the plugin and it can not find a directory. What do i do?

Thanks, Please respond asap! :(

12 years 3 months ago #33586

Yes, it's compatible with 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7.
I tried to download it and it works. Are you talking about the download or the install ?

12 years 3 months ago #33596

I was trying to install it in the extension manager, however it could not find a file directory.

12 years 3 months ago #33603

Do you think you moved the files at all?

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds