United States Postal Service (USPS) Module

• Thank you received: 13062
12 years 3 months ago #33633

You need to first download the package provided in my post and then browse for the install package in the "Upload Package File" area of the installer.
Then, joomla will install the package.

If you have a problem during the install please look here for solutions:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...-install.html#errors

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 3 months ago #33654

I understand what you are saying however I do not see the upload package file when I download the plugin.. all i see are three files two php files and a config so I am not sure where I should be looking for the Upload package file

12 years 3 months ago #33676

You should NOT extract that package. Once you downloaded it, do like explained there:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/59-hikashop-...install.html#install
but instead of browsing for the HikaShop installation package, browse for that usps plugin file.

12 years 3 months ago #33698

You are probably using a mac based computer. I was having the same problem on my apple computer but when I switched to another lab top running window program, I did not have the problem

Pete.

12 years 3 months ago #33795

ok I didnt extract the files at.. it may be a permissions issue im not sure atm. and to the guy below me my laptop is an acer.

12 years 3 months ago #33797

Ok so the install was a permissions deal now the component is installed.. i go to the edit options it is now giving me this Fatal error: Call to undefined function hikashop_get() in /home/delongj/cognitive-connections/plugins/hikashopshipping/usps/usps.php on line 330

12 years 3 months ago #33819

That function is a core function of HikaShop. If you have that error it's either that you don't have HikaShop installed or an old version of HikaShop installed. So please make sure that you're using a recent version of HikaShop.

12 years 3 months ago #34160

Nicolas,

Is it possible that one of your PHP programmers take a look at this plugin and setup "Max order" field, too?
Order limits are handy when client wants to offer free shipping (or shipping discount) because of total order price (say, over 100 USD).

Thanks!

12 years 3 months ago #34184

That's a good idea. Here is a USPS package with that option added.

File Attachment:

File Name: usps-20120101.zip
File Size:9 KB

Attachments:

12 years 3 months ago #34195

Works great.

A small description what we need it for:
Shop offers free shipping for total purchase over 100 USD.
You need to setup USPS shipping module for max price 100 USD.
Also, create one manual shipping named "Free Shipping" for minimum price of 100 USD.
When user make purchase lower than 100 USD, they will see only USPS shipping methods.
For purchases over 100 USD, they will see (and it will be selected by default) only Free Shipping.

Thanks!

12 years 3 months ago #34339

Hi Jeff,

I know you worked on the plugin for this. Just wondering if there is any possibility to add more than the single shipping method for international? The rate it's pulling is really high and 95%+ of what I sell is small and only a few oz. Would you have any suggestions regarding this? I know it's going to be tough for the HikaShop guys to develop anything further for a US Shipping method.

Thanks for any thoughts or ideas.

Best,

Michael

Michael Buttitta
Hot Picks USA

12 years 3 months ago #34341

I installed your plugin and it works great. On request: We ship DVDs via media mail but there is not a link in the backend to media mail. Any way you might be able to include that on a future update?

12 years 3 months ago #34871

I installed the usps shipping plugin on my two websites. For products that have weight and dimension it is not displaying. It only display when a product does not have weight and dimension. The goal I am trying to accomplish is that I want it to display alongside ups shipping, so that clients will have a choice between choosing either ups or usps. what do I do to accomplish this goal

12 years 3 months ago #34893

Please provide a screenshot of your USPS plugin options (hide your credentials) so that we can see what you did.

12 years 3 months ago #34899

Provide me an email and I will email you a login.

12 years 3 months ago #34938

It's just that you didn't had changed your main weight unit to "lb" in the configuration so the system was converting your weight and because of the approximations it was considered as 0.

12 years 3 months ago #34971

So i got the usps hikashop module moved to the production server by tech support and I took away the test code.. is there any additional steps with the production server that I need to do? HOw do I know if the flat rate is being used or the actual Hika usps?

12 years 3 months ago #35006

I suppose that you're all set.

You can try to unpublish the HikaShop manual shipping plugin. If you don't see any shipping methods on your checkout, it means that the USPS plugin is not working.

12 years 3 months ago #35016

Hello,

Thank you for creating this module :) I just got word from the USPS that I have access to their production server which is AWESOME! However, when I tested it and went to the shop, it says that a payment method wasn't configured. I have Authorize.net and Paypal configured already and in the options to choose a shipping method it shows the ones that I placed inside the manual shipping plugin originally but when I enable the USPS shipping module, I cannot choose this option from my payment methods. The shipping calculation pricing is working GREAT and I'm getting that straight from USPS. I just don't know why I cannot choose the USPS shipping option from my payment plugins. I really would appreciate some help with this.

Thanks,

Cat' :)

12 years 3 months ago #35049

Hi,
You don't need to select it there.
Just unselect all the shipping methods in that option of your payment plugins and it will apply for ALL the shipping methods, USPS included.

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds