questions ?

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 5 months ago #639

First of all : what a great job with this component. This is really promising and I'll be looking forward for the next improvements. It's really nice being able to set up a shop so quickly (compare to VM I mean)

A few questions :

- Throught the admin panel I can't create a new product in a nested category only in the root one .. Am I doing something wrong ?
- Is it easy to add a add to cart from the category view ? that would be a great addition I think.
- Is it planned to get a paypal payment process ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
13 years 5 months ago #640

Hi,

1/ When editing/creating a product, on the right part of the screen, you have the "categories" part where you can set categories for the product. You can set whatever you want there. If you don't set any category, it will add automatically the product to the main product category.

2/ You can edit the view displaying items in Display->views. Search for listing_ to have all the views related to displaying product and category listings. Yu can easily add an add to cart button if you know a bit PHP. That's something someone else already asked so we will add that to the todo list.

3/ There is already a payment payment integration. You can configure it under System->payment methods. There you should have a paypal plugin that you can edit to set your email etc.

13 years 5 months ago #641

fantastic ... I'll look at that :)

13 years 5 months ago #644

1/ About the category thing ... I tried that but it just doesn't work (I'm testing on local on the starter version), I tried to add a category there but it just doesnt add anything.

2/ I'll do that ...

3/ Found it :) I need new glasses ...

Attachments:

13 years 5 months ago #645

1/ That's not normal, do you have a javascript error ? Could you tell us in more details what doesn't work ? Maybe some screenshots ?

13 years 5 months ago #646

Found out .. I didn't expect to have to check each one .. I was expecting to just click on the category .. my mistake :(

Thanks ... That's what I call amazing support ... :)

13 years 5 months ago #647

Yes, if you click on a category, it displays the childs of that category so that you can navigate the categories tree easily. Then, you indeed have to check the ones you want to use and then click on the ok button.

13 years 3 months ago #3057

Some more questions :)

I see listing_img_title that you add the possibility to add stuff ti the cart from the category ...
<?php
if($this->params->get('add_to_cart')){
?>

but I can't find where to actually change this option to display it ... I'm still a bit lost in all the menus ...

Another question :

- I'd like to keep the shop as it is for some categories but I'd like for some other categories to change a bit the view of the product ... I'd like to implement many variants to each product (but different categories) My idea is to setup a menu, and people could choose from different main meals .. desserts etc ... and then choose the quantity as usual (they would all have the same composition) ... i can explain it a bit more by pm ...
And for now I can't figure it out how the variants system is working :(

Would that be possible ?

Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by seb.

13 years 3 months ago #3060

Another one ...

If I'm using only paypal as a payment method, Do I have to use https ?

13 years 3 months ago #3062

Hi,

You can edit the options of the modules and menus in the menus Display->Content menus and Display->Content module.
For products listing modules and menus, you will have an option on the right to hide or display the "add to cart" button.

You first need to create characteristics (menu Products->Characteristics) with the possible values for it. Then, in each product you can add the characteristics which should be used for that product. That will then generate automatically one variant of the product per combination of values of the characteristics. Then, with the button "manage variants", you will be able to access the listing of variants of each product. Delete the ones you don't need, edit the options of others etc.
So you can of course have products with some variants and other products with other variants.

Note that in the Business version of HikaShop, we have a way of building a complex form where you can ask questions to your users. Based on the answers, more questions can be asked and when the user validates his answer, he will be redirected to the checkout with the products corresponding to his answers automatically added to the cart. The demonstration page we have is for the registration to an event, but it could be customized to something else easily as it uses custom fields. We have a complete documentation on that here: www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentation/75.html
I don't know if that could meet your needs...

Except for the credit card payment plugin, all the other payment plugins can be used without HTTPS, paypal included.

For other users: For the credit card plugin, you can also use it without HTTPS but since the user needs to enter his credit card information on your website that is risky to do so without HTTPS and we don't recommend it.

13 years 3 months ago #3064

thanks for such a quick answer ... I'll look into all that ...

I'm working on a few projects actually ... so I'm looking around for now what are all the possibilities : I'm amazed with all the possibilities of your component ...
So I'll definetly go for the buisness version for some of them ... Is there a way to send you a PM or to email you ?

Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by seb.

13 years 3 months ago #3068

You can use our contact form: www.hikashop.com/en/home/about.html

13 years 3 months ago #3203

Characteristics are good ... as soon as you undrstood how it's working (thanks for the help) but I think it would be great to have two names : 1 for the database to find out easily what you're looking and another one to be displayed in the front ... that would be very helpfull : because you could have the same name to be used on front and very differents things to display ....

13 years 3 months ago #3211

For the templating ...
I'm looking for the product page ... thought it was /views/product/listing_img_desc.php .. is that it ? I'm trying to change it ... but no modifications appear on the page ... I probably do something wrong ...

13 years 3 months ago #3218

.. About characteristics ... still :

Is it possible to get the title without the characteristics following .... just for the title ?

13 years 3 months ago #3219

We improved a bit the system for next version so that users will be able to figure out the characteristics sytem by themselves.

You can always create only one characteristic with a lot of values and after adding it to a product remove the variants corresponding to values irrevelant to that product.

That is not a view used on the product page but on the product listing.
The product page is generated with the view file show.php
Also, you should modify the views via our interface in Display->Views instead of directly editing the files. That will avoid that you loose your modifications when you update as hikashop will save your modifications in your template as a view override file.

Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by nicolas.

13 years 3 months ago #3220

When you are on the product eidtion screen, you can click on the "manage variants" button to access the listing of variants. There, you can edit each variant and force its product name so that the name isn't generated automatically.

13 years 3 months ago #3221

Looking into that ... thanks a million :)
have a nice day ...

I'll be back

13 years 3 months ago #3356

About variants ...

Created all of them ... in just five different categories ... but i can't find how to delete some of them for each product ???
If I click on 'manage variants' I get a Variants screen which is empty ... If I create a new element in this one I get a Product screen with alla variants listed below ... but it doesn't seem to be able to change anything ...

Is it possible to be done from the starter version ?

13 years 3 months ago #3357

When you click the "manage variants" button for a product with characteristics, you shouldn't get an empty screen but a listing of all the variants possible. There, you can just unpublish the ones you don't need.
This is possible in all versions of HikaShop.

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds