Responsive Hikashop

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 11 months ago #50776

Hi
Wondering if there are any plans to make Hikashop work in with responsive templates so that Hikashop will adapt to smart phones and tablets. My template is a responsive one but Hikashop is not good for those with smart phones, and is only just ok when viewed on a 7 inch tablet (haven't tried a 10 inch as yet).
Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 11 months ago #50783

Hi,

I think that we'll come to it yes.
For now, the demand is quite low for "responsive" design so we are still focused on features in HikaShop like you will see in next release, but you should already be able to do a lot with templates options to display HikaShop pages properly on your website. That depends actually on the template... For example, you could have two products listing menus, and assign one menu to the "mobile" version of the template, and another to the "normal" version of the template. That would allow you to have for example a one column listing for smartphones and a 5 columns listing for desktops, etc.

Also, there are things in the work on the joomla side to standardize the user interface throughout extensions using bootstrap and responsive design for 3.0 in a few months. So I'm thinking of waiting a bit to see what comes up with that and how we can hit two birds with one stone by getting compatible with that when the time comes.

11 years 11 months ago #50787

I'll have a look when I get time and the website live. From a quick glance it looks like its the tables that are causing problems. Might be just a case of using percentages instead of fixed width - not sure.

Responsive is getting very big out there now. Most of the good template designers are making them.

11 years 11 months ago #50789

Let us know what you find and if you have CSS or small view modifications to share so that we can integrate them directly in HikaShop in order to improve the display on small devices while keeping the same display on "normal" devices, we are welcoming that !

• Thank you received: 2
11 years 8 months ago #60327

nicolas wrote: Hi,

I think that we'll come to it yes.
For now, the demand is quite low for "responsive" design so we are still focused on features in HikaShop like you will see in next release, but you should already be able to do a lot with templates options to display HikaShop pages properly on your website. That depends actually on the template...

Responsive design is becoming quite a demand and will only continue to grow, because smartphone usage is up higher than ever in the US and people are "expecting" to see a mobile version. I'm glad this has been brought up.

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 7 months ago #62870

The "Quite low demand for responsive design" has now changed to a must. All sites in my orderbook just has to be responsive. People don't want a site that do not work with almost half of all webtrafic. So whats the situation? Is Hikashop a good webshop in a world that has become 100% responsive?

11 years 7 months ago #62947

Haven't had a chance to see if I can make Hikashop responsive for my site - no time - but this is important. There is no way I would look at creating a website now or using a template that is not responsive. You have lost a large chunk of customers by not making things user friendly for smart phones and tabs.

Are any of the Joomla shops responsive?

11 years 7 months ago #62967

Gavick have successfully made responsive templates for Virtuemart demo.gavick.com/joomla16/jun2012/

11 years 7 months ago #63068

We'll come to it. Such modifications need time in order to be done properly.

And yes, it's totally possible to have a responsive website with HikaShop if the template handles it like Gavick did for VirtueMart.

11 years 7 months ago #63101

Thanks Nicolas. I'll try an adaptation of the Gavick template to Hikashop.

11 years 6 months ago #69657

Hi - It's interesting to see there's going to be a responsive HikaShop in the near future. I am currently developing a Joomla 2.5 site with Hika Shop for a customer and will probably be using a responsive template (not sure which one yet).

Does anyone know if the responsive element of HikaShop will work regardless of what template is used for Joomla, responsive or not?

Many thanks,
Mark

11 years 6 months ago #69723

Hi,

Next version of HikaShop will be responsive and it will work regardless of the template BUT only starting from Joomla 3.0 and following versions. That's because it will us the bootstrap library included in Joomla which is not available on Joomla 2.5 and previous versions.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mark99

• Thank you received: 7
11 years 4 months ago #82659

There are templates now for Joomla 2.5 that use the Twitter Bootstrap library, so would it be possible for Hikashop to utilise this in Joomla 2.5 f the template is using the library already?

I agree with the comments above - responsive design is a must now.

Ian

• Thank you received: 13
11 years 4 months ago #82718

For Joomla 2.5, I use Warp6 + HikaShop 2.0. And it's very very easy to create ideal full responsive site/shop, if you know a little bit Warp 6. But the use of frameworks in Joomla 3.0+, such as Warp 6 + HikaShop 2.0, gives a lot of CSS bugs. Therefore, developers need to create a function in HikaShop, use boostrap or not.

For example, for Joomla!3.0 + Warp6 + HikaShop2.0, paste code in
/templates/yoo_master/layouts/template.config.php in line 12
after
include($this->path('layouts:template.config.php'));
insert code:

// Load Bootstrap css
JHtmlBootstrap::loadCss($includeMaincss = true, $this->direction);
// Add JavaScript Frameworks
JHtml::_('bootstrap.framework');
(Thanks to Stepan Tyurin )

P.S. I have already addressed this issue to the developers HikaShop.

Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by viocassel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xavier, FidelGonzales

• Hikashop Business
11 years 4 months ago #83173

viocassel wrote: For Joomla 2.5, I use Warp6 + HikaShop 2.0. And it's very very easy to create ideal full responsive site/shop, if you know a little bit Warp 6. ...

Hi, i use also joomla 2.5, warp 6 and hikashop business. How did you turned it responsive ? (because it's awful in columns on a smartphone)

Thanks for that

Zach

• Thank you received: 13
11 years 4 months ago #83186

Hi, eyescream!

It's a long story, it's easier to show. Well, if there is a little patience, I'll post later you a responsive template yoo_master (Warp6) for HikaShop. As well as working on integration with Widgetkit .
A little patience. ;)

p.s. Sorry for bad english :)

Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by viocassel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fgarganese, FidelGonzales

• Hikashop Business
11 years 4 months ago #83187

Hi Viocassel,

It's kind !!

For now, i've installed and modified Micasa template, and my hikashow is set for 1 columndisplay (like that it's ok on smartphones)
Because i've just 6 products to show not more
My preference would be a 3 columns and to be responsive with 1 column on smartphones.

Thanks, I can be patient

Don't worry for your english, i'm French and understand you perfectly ;)

• Thank you received: 3
11 years 4 months ago #83605

Any update on this ?

I use Joomla 2.5.8, Hikashop business, and Yootheme nano2 template(Warp6

I need my online store to be responsive as well so it looks good on Ipad and Iphone !

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

11 years 3 months ago #83922

For Joomla 2.5, we don't have yet made such option available. We'll see if we can have such option to activate it for next release but it might not be possible.
For Joomla 3.0 it's responsive automatically without doing anything since HikaShop 2.0.

I don't know where @viocassel is with his proposal.

10 years 10 months ago #108850

nicolas wrote: For Joomla 2.5, we don't have yet made such option available. We'll see if we can have such option to activate it for next release but it might not be possible.
For Joomla 3.0 it's responsive automatically without doing anything since HikaShop 2.0.

I don't know where @viocassel is with his proposal.

This has been answer 5 months ago. So, I am not sure what is the current update.

Does hikashop has responsive function at the moment?

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds