• Hikaserial Standard Hikashop Essential
4 years 5 months ago #312004

-- url of the page with the problem -- : ssavp.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.1
-- HikaSerial version -- : 3.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.5
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.23
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 77.0.3865.120

I have an upcoming project where we're going to be pre selling a digital product. On-Site, when the customer pays for the item, I want to give them a card with a code on it which they can then use to redeem for the specific product they ordered.

Now, I've generated a coupon limited to the specific item in question and then went through HikaSerial to create the Pack and assigned the Pack to the item, but I have yet to figure out how do I get the list of Coupon Codes so I can generate my cards.

Looked through the Documentation, and didn't really find much that explained what I'm looking for.

I'm not wanting to go through exporting the coupon database and manually generating all of the coupon codes. I'm looking at around 50 - 75 codes per item for about 16 items here...

Anyone got any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
4 years 5 months ago #312012

Hello,

You have two tutorials for HIkaSerial :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/2...serial-tutorial.html
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/2...ticket-tutorial.html

The first one is a generic tutorial and the second one is more oriented on the generation of "e tickets".
In your case, I don't understand why you want to create HikaShop coupon code while it's a redeem code so, you could use a simple random generator and not have to create HIkaShop coupons which I don't know how your customer will use them.

Regarding the export of the "coupons", that would be a HikaShop question if you're talking about HIkaShop coupon codes.
But if you're talking about HikaSerial serials, you have an "export" button when you're in the serial listing in the backend.
You can use the pack filter in order to just export serials for a specific pack.
CF : www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/114-serials-listing.html

Finally, HikaSerial is made to generate dynamically the serials when a customer buy a product (linked with a HikaSerial pack).
So you don't have to pre-generate the serial nor to export them.
If you do want to use the "e ticket" system and be sure that a serial can be used only once ; the random generator and the consumption feature would be a good choice for you.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 1
4 years 5 months ago #312015

The customers are going to be pre ordering a digital product.

I was following the instructions here , but I can't figure out how to get the list of codes so I can give the codes to the customers so when they 'order' the item when it's available they can apply the payment they made on-site to their online order.

We're recording performances of a group of bands and allowing the customers the option of choosing which band or bands they buy recordings of. We record on site and then take it back to the studio for editing and then put the edited footage up for sale. Taking orders on-site, but the product isn't going to be available for download for about a week, so they need a way of applying that payment to a future order. Call it a coupon, gift certificate, or whatever.

I bought the extension because of the Coupon generation plugin. There has to be more detailed instructions on how to use it.

• Thank you received: 4004
4 years 5 months ago #312039

Hello

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you want to do.
If I don't understand your situation and need, I cannot give you a precise answer.

Afterwards, like I mentionned in my previous message, it is possible to export serials.

Regards

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

4 years 5 months ago #312040

Here's my planned workflow:

1. Customer comes to my table on the day of the performance and orders a copy of band A's show.
2. Customer fills out the order form & pays for the recording in person.
3. I give them a card with instructions on how to download their purchase . This card has a code on it that the user can then use during the checkout process on the website to show that they've already paid for the item.

Now as for the backend stuff,

I've already created a coupon that HikaSerial's supposed to use as a 'template', and I thought I had setup the coupon generator to generate a list of 50 ten character codes, but my list of codes is nowhere to be found.

4 years 5 months ago #312041

Disregard.

I was finally able to locate the Generate button.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds