Gift certificate

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 2 months ago #286462

Hello,

Please understand that there is no coupon in HikaSerial :

We checked that the coupons are set to assigned and made several attempts to make it work.

So I don't know what you're talking about.

We have the Hikaserial points coupon module in the checkout page

That's not the name of the checkout block provided by HikaSerial.

When we manually added a user to the coupon it gave us a success message but the points where not added to the user in AltaUserPoints

There is no "coupon" in HikaSerial.

I'm sorry but it's not possible to understand what you have done, what you get and what is the content.
Maybe some screenshots ?

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 8
6 years 2 months ago #286665

Hello Jerome,

Sorry for not being clear.
The coupons I was referring to are serials in Hikaserial we have generated using a pack we setup (see attached screen shot "pack").
The Hikaserial point coupon is the part in the checkout that adds the option to add serial to be consumed (see attached screen shot "checkout").
We tried all kind of setting but in all cases we got the "unknown code" error message. The only time it worked was when we manually assigned the serial to a specific user.

In Hikaserial plugins-> User Points - HikaSerial Consumer plugin -> We added a new item and there is an option to select where to charge the point to. We only get one option which is Hikashop points and not AltaUserPoints. On a clean Joomla setup with Hikashop we tried locally we had both options to select from. Might be a configuration issue? We couldn't find the reason. See screenshot "Points".

We checked that all plugins are enabled:
User Points - HikaSerial Consumer plugin
HikaShop User Points payment plugin
HikaShop User Points plugin
altauserpointsicon
System - AltaUserPoints

The documentation is really missing allot of the info we need and no matter what we tried we could not make things work for us.

Hope now it's more clear.

Guy.

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by theguy.

6 years 2 months ago #286672

Hello,

Your pack is not link with any product and your generator is configured to set a dynamic value of points depending the product the customer has bought.
I really don't know what you have for your serials but you should check the "points value" in them.

The goal of the points generator is to embed a points value in the serial.
CF : www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/2...ugins-pointsgen.html

The points generator plugin is a basic serial generator.
It main goal is to include a number of points in his "extra-data". Thanks to it, the "points consumer" will be able to give a predefined number points to the end-user.

Since your serials won't have the "points" information ; the consumption of these serials can't be authorized by the plugin "points consumer".
The goal of the points consumer is to get the points value and credit them to the customer :
CF : www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/2...-pointsconsumer.html

The points consumer plugin works with the points generator plugin.
When the points generator plugin create a serial with a number of points attached, the consumer accept to consume the serial and give the predefined number of points to the user.

Afterwards, I see your sentence :

The only time it worked was when we manually assigned the serial to a specific user.

And I can also see that you have activated the setting "target serial user" which is literally targeting the serial user to credit the points instead of targeting the current logged user (but that setting keep the current logged user if there is no serial user assignation).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

6 years 1 month ago #288298

Hello Jerome,

It was a very frustrating process but we got Hikashop to work with Hikaserial and AltaUserPoints.

We have encountered a new issue, after a user get's the points and makes a purchase, the total points are not updated and he stays on the same amount.
Please see three screenshots attached:
One of the total points for the user This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. (200 points), then the history where you can see we've made a purchase for 76 Nis and one of the checkout where you can see that the system still grant's him with 200 points.

AUP replayed with this answer:
"I guess it depends on how you set the Hikashop rules to reward with positive or negative values"

Can you please advice.

Thank you,

Guy.

Attachments:

6 years 1 month ago #288303

Hello,

That part is related to the HikaShop "user points" plugins and not to the HikaSerial part (or its plugins).
I recommend you to open a new thread for that or to consult other existing threads in the HikaShop section of the forum talking about the configuration of user points ; but I suppose that your issue comes with the settings of your order statuses (which is the most common issue).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

6 years 1 month ago #288356

Hi Jerome,

I've resolved the issue by enabling the invoice under the orders status view.

Thank you,

Guy.

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 4 months ago #300374

The information found www.hikashop.com/?id=230:hikaserial-tutorial does not provide a good instruction on how to create a gift certificate.

Can you please provide a better documentation on how to do this?

5 years 4 months ago #300392

Hello,

By using a valid link, it would be better :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/2...tml#tuto_create_gift

Please note that the tutorial is to give the first steps regarding HikaSerial and it is not mean to be focus on gift certificates.
Nevertheless, the last part of the tutorial gives some explanations regarding what is required to create a gift certificate : Such as using the coupon generator and configure the "attach serial" (or "pdf serial") plugin.
The coupon generator documentation do contains the explanations regarding how to create your coupon template.
Afterwards, I'm afraid that I cannot improve a documentation if I don't know what is the problem.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Jerome. Reason: typo

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 3 months ago #301006

It would help if you would step by step explain exactly what you need to do to create coupons, you have all the details, understanding and knowledge that we don't have. Please, can you make it simpler for us to understand how to go ahead with the process?

5 years 3 months ago #301032

Hello,

For the coupon template ?

Unfortunately, it is not easy for me to give you a precise reply ; because you need to configure the coupon how you want it to be copied.
The goal of the "coupon generator" is to duplicate one existing coupon (called "the template") and change at least two values :
1 - The coupon code (which will contain the generated random serial)
2 - The coupon publish state (which will be set to "published")

Afterwards, it is possible for the plugin to change some other elements like the price or the "end date".
But basically, the plugin is just duplicating the coupon and all its restrictions/settings.

There is no one single way to configure your coupons, they are a lot of possibilities and due to that flexibility, it will allow you to do whatever you want (a coupon targeting a specific product, or categories, with a minimum order requirement, etc).
I would personally recommend to set the "quota" to 1 so the generated coupon could be use one single time ; afterwards, it could be possible that someone have a case where he to give coupons with a quota set to 2 (or 3..).

In the "coupon generator" plugin, there is a screenshot of a template where I set-up the minimum restrictions ; what I assume it could be the most generic configuration :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ugins-coupongen.html

Once you have your coupon made up for your case ; you just have to select it in your coupon generator and HikaSerial will duplicate your "coupon template" each time a serial will be generated for a customer.
The serial he will receive with its order confirmation will correspond to coupons in your database.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jovian

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds