No ajax filtering

• Thank you received: 69
  • Hikashop Business
1 month 1 week ago #309894

Hi,

thanks for the replies.
We'll test to see if POST redirect mode turned off won't have any other side effects, because in the past it was quite important to have it switched on to prevent frequent "resubmit" warning messages in a lot of places when users go back a page.

Also, with POST redirect mode off the browser does indeed remember the filters, but perhaps a bit too well. Because the browser won't just remember the filter setting when going back one page to the listing, but will keep remembering the filter settings of each and every product listing page a user has visited. So even when a user has visited many other pages and returns to a specific listing after a few hours, the filters will still be applied for that particular listing, which the user will likely have forgotten all about and he may not realise he's not seeing all products.

But we can try to make some design changes to make this more clear to users, and we'll keep testing.
Thanks again.

Kind regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
1 month 2 days ago #310066

I'm having issues with the new ajax filtering too - they were working OK until I updated to 4.2.1. I tried to find the ajax_filter setting in my database but it's not there?

I'll create a new thread with my issues but I'd like to get it working again this way as it's causing a lot of issues with my users.

• Thank you received: 9887
1 month 1 day ago #310072

Hi,

I've replied to you on that other thread:
www.hikashop.com/forum/filters-search/89...to-4-2-1.html#310071

• Thank you received: 100
  • Hikashop Business
1 day 21 hours ago #311183

Hi,

It seems there is a small bug with filters. We have used fresh Joomla and Hikashop install.

Having only one filtering "Sort" on product listing will throw js error in console each time you try to sort and the filtering still works tho...If you have more filters on page seems no errors occures.

Hope you can reproduced the issue.

Thanks

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 100
  • Hikashop Business
1 day 20 hours ago #311184

Update.

I was a bit fast. The error wont show only if you have price filter ( type cursor ) else each time you filter with any filtering you have it will throw that error.

Thanks

• Thank you received: 9887
52 minutes ago #311206

Hi,

Thank you for your report.
Add the line:
if(!window.localPage) window.localPage = {};
before the line:
window.localPage.infiniteScrollPage = 1;
in the file media/com_hikashop/js/hikashop.js and that will fix that error.
We'll add that fix on our end too.

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds