United States Postal Service (USPS) Module

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 9 months ago #114360

It's been partially fixed. I can enter a certain number of items to the cart but over that, there's no shipping method. The cart allows up to 13 of the same product if you do so with an empty cart (enter 13 as the number of items and click "Add to Cart"). Here're the steps:
1. Go to product (ShutterFire Front).
2. Enter 13 into items field.
3. Click "Add to Cart".
Result: Shipping method is present (it works)

Here's the weird part:
1. Empty cart.
2. Repeat steps 1 to 3 BUT enter 12 as the number of items.
Result: Same as above.
3. Change the cart's items number to 13.
4. Click Refresh button.
Result: No shipping method. There's no error, the USPS ship option just isn't available.

Any number of the product over 13 will result in no shipping method as above. Try 100, that should definitely cause the problem.

Could this be a USPS error? Do they figure the valid number of items in a box by some criteria, determine if a value is over that number, and somehow block the shipping method from appearing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
10 years 9 months ago #114466

I'm currently facing a 500 Internal server error when I try to go through the checkout, did you changed something ?

10 years 9 months ago #114498

I installed the new version and changed the tax category on some products. I'm not seeing this error.

10 years 9 months ago #114499

My bad, the problem was coming from me :).
I tested it and YES the USPS don't show after a special quantity, can you send me a temporary access to your back-end for more tests ?

10 years 9 months ago #114549

You got it. See my private message for details.

10 years 9 months ago #114717

Ok,

We found out what the problem really was and we fixed it, so can you download and install the last version of Hikashop ?

10 years 9 months ago #114734

It behaves a little better on the edge case (see above) but still has a hard limit where it won't find a shipping method (for me it's 14). BTW, thanks for doing a new build for this (and anything else you may have changed).

Mark

• Thank you received: 13069
10 years 9 months ago #114788

USPS indeed have a maximum shippable weight/dimensions.
Once you hit that limit, it doesn't give back any shipping methods.
That's normal and we can't avoid that.

Our fix only concerned the fact that it allowed you to finish the order even though there was no shipping method found.

The following user(s) said Thank You: shinehaid

10 years 9 months ago #114827

That's what I was afraid of. Again, thank you so much for your quick responses and fixes. It's been a pleasure.

10 years 8 months ago #116335

Hi Guys, sorry for a redundant question but: where can I get the latest stable version of this plugin?

Thanks!
Valery.

10 years 8 months ago #116385

Hi,

You can have it just by updating your Hikashop version, you'll just have to download it through our website and install it.

Hope this will help you.

10 years 8 months ago #117034

Hi, I'm needing some help with the plugin. I have everything set up, but when I try to proceed in the checkout from "login" to "payment" it logs me out the moment I click next. I know the issue is with the USPS shipping pluging because when I try with "manual shipping" every works perfectly. So there is something that is logging me out and even if I log back in it won't let me proceed unless I use the sidebar login. I'm using the latest version I believe. Can anyone help me, please?

Here is the website http://ckyshoes.com/

10 years 8 months ago #117039

Hi,
You don't have the last version of Hikashop, so can you download/install it and then test it again ?

10 years 8 months ago #117078

Where can I download the last version of Hikashop? And do I just install it like if it was new and it won't affect anything?

Edit: I found it, I will try that now.

Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by 5lstudio.

10 years 8 months ago #117081

Still having the same problem... :/

10 years 8 months ago #117085

+1
same problem
www.emotorwerks.com/products/online-store

here's some debugging suggestions from our customers who tried to get around the problem:

I've done some more experimenting and here's what I can tell you:

The problem only happens on "USPS Standard Post", neither of the other two USPS options are effected
The problem happens when you click on the "USPS Standard Post" and the page refreshes. Once the page loads showing your total amount your session is already dead, I confirmed this by clicking on the edit address popup… it shows your address details unless the page has been refreshed with USPS Standard
The conclusion I draw from this information is that most likely the session is being killed when the shopping cart goes to print out the string that contains the shipping method selected. The specific cause of this is that USPS Standard Post's ™ character has been replaced with something non-printable which causes a security exception in your webstore.
If you can fix the ™ character, I'd be happy to try again.

any thoughts?

10 years 8 months ago #117165

Well, in parcel mine appears as a ? instead of tm... So idk if that could be the problem. Does anyone know how to fix this, please?

• Thank you received: 13069
10 years 8 months ago #117172

I don't think that the TM has anything to do with your problem.
Nevertheless, if you want to try, you can remove it by changing the line:
$info->shipping_name .= ' ' . $usps_rates["Service"];
to:
$info->shipping_name .= ' ' . preg_replace('#[^a-z0-9 ]#i','',$usps_rates["Service"]);
in the file plugins/hikashopshipping/usps.php

10 years 8 months ago #117181

Hi Nicolas,

I downloaded the latest USPS plugin from your post: www.hikashop.com/forum/2-general-talk-ab...html?start=140#52632 .

When I went to install it I get the error message:
Warning
JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find Joomla XML setup file

I'm using Joomla 3.1.1 with HikaShop Starter 2.1.3.

10 years 8 months ago #117185

Thanks Nicolas!... It actually almost works. Well, it's not logging me out automatically anymore but two things. The next button just refreshes the page and doesn't take me to the next step. However, I can click on payment from the cart flow menu and it works perfectly. The second thing is that the option now says "Standard Postsupsup."

EDIT: When I click next it just goes to step-1.html which should be the payment step but it actually displays step-0.html. However, I can click on "payment" and it will move to the next step. Then if I click "next" in the Payment step it will actually process the purchase. So, I'm assuming that there is a problem with the shipping module and the next button.

EDIT 2: I can definitively confirm that there is some issues with the "shipping module" showing and the "next" button." If I take the shipping module out, but force hikashop to charge shipping automatically without showing the shipping options, the next buttons works.

Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by 5lstudio.

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds